PDA

View Full Version : Jump5 Welcome song

DisneyBob
01-01-2005, 06:45 PM
I've heard the song "Welcome" being performed a lot lately...
Just recently at the Rose Parade opening show... and I hear that it will be included in the new "Parade of Dreams" parade...
It's almost as if it's the theme song for the 50th anniversary celebration.

marktips
01-01-2005, 07:02 PM
I've heard the song "Welcome" being performed a lot lately...
Just recently at the Rose Parade opening show... and I hear that it will be included in the new "Parade of Dreams" parade...
It's almost as if it's the theme song for the 50th anniversary celebration.

It also got a song and dance number during the WDW Christmas day parade during the part showing off the lead float form the 50th parade.. so, perhaps.

nsyncitnd1787
01-01-2005, 07:26 PM
i am getting a little tired of hearing that song EVERY single time Disneyland or any other Disney park is on the TV. that song was made for Brother Bear, not to be Disney's theme song. when i watched the Disney Christmas thing on the TV, Jump 5 was on, again... why can't they get another group to preform that? are they really that cheap or lazy? i mean, i didn't mind hearing it during the year Brother Bear came out, but it's been a long time since then and come up with a new song or new verse or something. maybe it's just me. when the movie first came out, i listened to that CD all the time w/ my little cousins. i know that song like the back of my hand. anyway, they need a new verse or somthing.... but, that's just my opinion.

etixnostalgia
01-01-2005, 07:35 PM
i am getting a little tired of hearing that song EVERY single time Disneyland or any other Disney park is on the TV. that song was made for Brother Bear, not to be Disney's theme song. when i watched the Disney Christmas thing on the TV, Jump 5 was on, again... why can't they get another group to preform that? are they really that cheap or lazy? i mean, i didn't mind hearing it during the year Brother Bear came out, but it's been a long time since then and come up with a new song or new verse or something. maybe it's just me. when the movie first came out, i listened to that CD all the time w/ my little cousins. i know that song like the back of my hand. anyway, they need a new verse or somthing.... but, that's just my opinion.

Well, to be fair, Jump 5 is now "Jump 4," requiring some trading of vocals, so it isn't EXACTLY the same . . .

lisap
01-01-2005, 07:35 PM
Sorry, but I'm just glad they're not using the poor, tired old song "Be Our Guest" which they've beaten into the ground in recent years. BOG is great song, I'm not arguing that one bit, but I need a break from it for at least ten years. I have not seen Brother Bear in a while, so "Welcome" is not as overdone--for me, anyway. I'm sure I will get some eye rolls :p , but I like the song--it's happy and upbeat.

RStar
01-01-2005, 10:03 PM
I'm with you Lisa. Sure it's being used quite a bit, but not as much as some others (like BOG). At least it's newer.

So, let's see what we think of it 18 months from now;)........

marktips
01-01-2005, 10:05 PM
"A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

I actually got sick of hearing that.

DisneyBob
I think its fresh, energetic... and pure Disney!

cstephens
Yes, "Welcome" is the song that will be used for the 50th parade (though no one has said whether it would be the version used in the Rose parade), and I wouldn't be surprised if it was used in the advertising too. When I heard the song again today, it struck me how well it fits into the 50th theme, and how relevant the lyrics are.

BTW, who is Jump5? Did they do a cover of "Welcome", because the song is certainly not theirs.

marktips
01-01-2005, 10:06 PM
Yes, "Welcome" is the song that will be used for the 50th parade (though no one has said whether it would be the version used in the Rose parade), and I wouldn't be surprised if it was used in the advertising too. When I heard the song again today, it struck me how well it fits into the 50th theme, and how relevant the lyrics are.

BTW, who is Jump5? Did they do a cover of "Welcome", because the song is certainly not theirs.

Jump % is a Disney owned tweeney-bopper group. They've been trying to shove them down our throats and into public acceptance via synergy since as longas I can remember - but they're like Raven's music, they never quite catch on. If not for Radio Disney they'd not ever be on the radio.

nsyncitnd1787
01-02-2005, 09:25 PM
Ok... Let me just point out that I never said that Welcome was a bad song. I just said it has been used a lot lately (I'm in a better mood today, so I'm a little more accepting of the potential over-useage) :) Now, thinking about it more (like I said, I'm in a better mood today :-D ).... I think that so far, Welcome has not been overused ... but once I start seeing it in every Disneyland commercial, then I'll be a little or a lot (depending on my mood lol) annoyed. I'll just be happy as long as there is other recordings of Welcome besides the one by Jump 4 (thanks etixnostalgia for the correction!) and the original by Phil Collins. But, I might be rethinking that after the 50th is over.... By then, Welcome might be so overdone and overheard that it is past old-so old it's dead and buried.... Hopefully not b/c it's a really good song, I'm just jumping the gun on complaining about it. OK... I'm done complaining... I'll stop til the 50th is almost over :-D

~crossing fingers, hoping she doesn't get too much criticism~

cstephens
01-03-2005, 06:37 AM
I'll just be happy as long as there is other recordings of Welcome besides the one by Jump 4 (thanks etixnostalgia for the correction!) and the original by Phil Collins.

Personally, I don't really see the point of getting a whole bunch of people to redo the same song, but there's also the version done by the Blind Boys of Alabama from the movie.

tod
01-03-2005, 07:37 AM
Does anybody remember "Disneyland is your land" from the 25th anniversary Family Reunion?

That was a song, boy.

--t