PDA

View Full Version : Trip report Dec. 15

tink's mom
01-01-2005, 06:08 PM
Well, I think I've recuperated from our trip enough to write a report. We've been gone for 16 days and only one was spent at DL, unfortunately :) . The other days were spent with family, sharing the holidays, in San Diego and in Utah.

We headed out on the afternoon of the thirteenth from our home in Oklahoma. The only way we could fit a DL trip into our vacation was to drive all night and most of the next day. We arrived at Parkside Inn and Suites the afternoon of the fourteenth. I would not recommend it if you plan on spending more than a day at DL, but it wasn't bad for us to spend a couple of nights at.

My husband and I were beat from the drive, so we got some dinner from Subway and hit the sack. We hadn't told our 4 year old daughter where we were going so she and her fifteen month old brother had no problems getting to sleep.

Next morning-My husband had some things he needed to mail so we told our daughter, Sophia that we were all going to take a walk and find a mail box. When we got up to the entrance of DL I got out our camcorder. Now there are two words that Sophia recognizes. One is her name, the other is "Disneyland". So I asked her "Hey, could you read that sign for me?" She looks at it, gets a half grin on her face and asks quietly "Disneyland?" I then say "Oh, do you think we could find a mail box in there?" "Yeah!" She yells.

So we start walking across the parking lot and Sophia is talking to the other people walking along and she's telling them "We're looking for a mail box!" :D

Hakuna Makarla
01-01-2005, 06:15 PM
LOL! so cute! Tell me more please.......

tink's mom
01-01-2005, 06:48 PM
I had done a ridemax itinerary since we only had one day, so we headed straight for Fantasyland and walked onto to Dumbo. We then went to Peter Pan which was probably the longest line we stood in the whole day, only about five minutes. I wanted to take Sophia on the Matterhorn after that, since she was finally tall enough, but when we got in line and she actually saw it she said " No way!" So we headed of to find Dad and litlle bro and ran right into Sleeping Beauty and Prince Phillip. Sophia was thrilled to get their autograph and pic. Price P complimented us on our matching outfits. I think it was definitely worth missing the Matterhorn, Sophia was so excited.

We then rode IASW. Our fifteen month old, Nephi was mesmerized. I then took Sophia on Gadget's Go-Coaster, her first roller coaster ried ever. I have never seen her scream so loud with such a huge smile on her face. Then she got to meet Mickey and we heade for lunch and the Buzz Lightyear show. I thought it was cute.

Sophia then wanted to ride the tea cups and carrousel, while Nephi took a nap and Dad did his Christmas shopping for us.

We had ice cream for dinner(hey, it's DL right?). It was very good but DH was dissappointed he couldn't have his traditional "Fantasia" ice cream. We found out "Briar's" now makes the DL ice cream and refuses to make that flavor, go figure.

We hit Winnie the Pooh, HM, Pirates and Jungle cruise, then saw the parade.

DH and Sophia rode Autopia and viewed the fireworks from there. I watched them with Nephi on Main Street, and I must admit I was close to tears. Nephi was entranced as he watched and then puzzled by the "snow" :confused:

We were exhausted but happy as we trudge back to our hotel.

When Sophia woke up in the morning she started jumping up and down on the bed and squealed " I want to go on HM first!" She was sad when we said we couldn't go back that day but perked up when we told her we are planning a WDW trip with the Grandparents in 2006! :D

disney jones
01-01-2005, 10:13 PM
for a one-day trip, congratulations!!! it sounded perfect with the young ones! and your trip report captured the magic that they surely felt - nice work!

Saratoga75
01-01-2005, 10:22 PM
Definately sounds like fun time!! :) Hey Disney Dude you still on?

rentayenta
01-02-2005, 06:57 AM
Thanks tink's mom; good report. It sounds like you had a day full of magic!

disney jones
01-02-2005, 11:56 AM
Definately sounds like fun time!! :) Hey Disney Dude you still on?
i have to sleep some time but i'll be around the board for the wee hours of the morning today.