PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland.com now has a Buzz Lightyear page

Darkbeer
01-01-2005, 05:12 PM
http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/parks/attractions/detail?name=BuzzLightyearAttractionPage&bhcp=1

ENJOY:fez:

rentayenta
01-01-2005, 05:20 PM
Thank you. My son is a Buzz freak and will love this when we return next December! I don't see any height restrictions :D

Darkbeer
01-01-2005, 05:51 PM
Same system as the Haunted Mansion, so there shouldn't be any height restriction.. but I still would sit any child away from the door/opening of the vehicle.

lisap
01-01-2005, 07:13 PM
I'm really looking forward to this--even if it is a copy of WDW--I don't give a hoot. It's a lot of fun, and will be an insane hit with my kids. :)

marktips
01-01-2005, 07:16 PM
Same system as the Haunted Mansion, so there shouldn't be any height restriction.. but I still would sit any child away from the door/opening of the vehicle.

The fronts close in like a clamshell, but a bit moreso than HM because of the ledge that the guns sit upon - no worries about kiddies flying out on this one.

Disneyfreak
01-01-2005, 08:40 PM
I'm really looking forward to this--even if it is a copy of WDW--I don't give a hoot. It's a lot of fun, and will be an insane hit with my kids. :)

This version isnt a copy of WDW's, it is a copy of the Tokyo version. The Tokyo version is a million times better.

Disney Vault
01-01-2005, 09:42 PM
In what ways is the Tokyo version different than the Magic Kingdom version? Has anyone here been on both that can compare the two? I can't wait for this ride. :D

marktips
01-01-2005, 10:02 PM
As far as I know, they're about identicle.

The big thing for a while was that Tokyo has two Buzz Animatronics with the projected face - however WDW's has always had 2 as well, so the hoopla was over some misinformation.

Tigertail777
01-02-2005, 03:01 AM
From what I have been told and from pics I have seen of a friend that went there and saw it around opening...

Tokyo buzz has a little bit more 3D figures inside, as in not fully rounded really but like releif sculptures painted. The guns are different on the tokyo one, they can be lifted and are not "nailed down" so to speak. The blacklighting is toned down a bit in comparison to wdw, and I was told (even in japanese) it has slightly more storyline and this is more enforced in the que. The Vehicle path is a little longer in tokyo as well. Oh and the Fastpass machines are really funny/cute.

Not huge differences, but there are some.

haunted_mike
01-02-2005, 03:43 AM
Anybody have any news on the "Play Online At Home" part of this ride? Sounds sort of interesting...

nsyncitnd1787
01-02-2005, 09:50 PM
When I went to the Buzz Lightyear's website (the one on the top of the page), over on the side in the tips and fun facts part, it said that, "Beginning in Summer 2005, Theme Park Guests can team up and defend the galaxy with an online partner." and also this,"Space Rangers can e-mail their scores to family and friends from the kiosks at the attraction exit."

Thought this might clear up some questions. I'm refreshing the page just in case there's more.

AVP
01-02-2005, 11:26 PM
Anybody have any news on the "Play Online At Home" part of this ride? Sounds sort of interesting...There was a rumor that online participants would be able to "attach" themselves to a player as they went through the game, and would somehow control / influence the point value for various targets. NO idea if this is actually how the game will work.

AVP