PDA

View Full Version : Pooh and Disneyland

Alex S.
12-10-2001, 04:14 PM
Just my own little update. When we went through Central Shops at Disney World (on the Bastage Magic Tour) last week, we saw them making one of the ride vehicles for "the new Pooh ride at Disneyland".

MammaSilva
12-10-2001, 04:16 PM
DETAILS Alex... oh and WELCOME BACK.....guess that means that the Adriannes have to give back the tights and capes huh?

LIMANDL4EVA
12-10-2001, 04:22 PM
why were they making vehicles at WDW? and what did they look like?

Alex S.
12-10-2001, 04:28 PM
My understanding is that it was being made there because most major things for Disney parks are made there.

At the time we saw it, it looked like a giant cube of foam being shaped by the World's Largest Router. It is going to look like a beehive, but it hadn't been painted yet or anything. Al has given pretty good specs in the past, and I have no reason to believe there have been significant changes. Perhaps Andrew or Lani remember more specifics than I do.

Oh, and we saw a sign being manufactured, a coke at Disney World is apparently going to cost $8.00 soon . . . j/k.

We did see many pieces of the new Animal Kingdom roller coaster being manufactured though.

LIMANDL4EVA
12-10-2001, 04:43 PM
what kind of coaster did it look like?:confused:

tabacco
12-10-2001, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Alex Stroup
Oh, and we saw a sign being manufactured, a coke at Disney World is apparently going to cost $8.00 soon . . . j/k.

Ahh, the new "Bucket o' Coke" :)

tabacco
12-10-2001, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by LIMANDL4EVA
what kind of coaster did it look like?:confused:

It's not a coaster, it's a dark ride.

BiggJakeMoney
12-10-2001, 08:12 PM
Correction, Tabacco-

While the Cokes will cost eight dollars, it was decided by management that standard cup size will be decreased by four ounces, making it hardly bigger than a childsize serving.

The eight dollars will essentially be buying the new name, "A little cup 'o magic Coke."

:D

-BJM

LIMANDL4EVA
12-10-2001, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by tabacco

It's not a coaster, it's a dark ride.

i wasnt talking about pooh, i was talking bout the new AK coaster

Alex S.
12-10-2001, 09:11 PM
It is a mad mouse type coaster; like Mulholland Madness in DCA. Based on what we saw, the storyline and theming is going to be very cartoony. It is in the kiddie-ride part of Animal Kingdom; in Dino-land or whatever that section is called.

zapppop
12-10-2001, 09:29 PM
sounds like it's gonna suck.

Haldwitten
12-11-2001, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by BiggJakeMoney
The eight dollars will essentially be buying the new name, "A little cup 'o magic Coke."

And this brings us back to the "Magic Happens" thread. And we all know what magic stands for in THAT slogan. I don't think I'd want to buy one of those Cokes - no matter how little magic they put into it. :D

Morrigoon
12-11-2001, 12:47 AM
sounds like a bunch of bullmagic to me ;)

(the $8 coke AND my beloved CBJ being replaced by some "magical" Pooh ride)

Haldwitten
12-11-2001, 01:11 AM
Oh great... now every time I see Tinkerbell fly, leaving behind a trail of magic pixie dust... all I'm going to think is "Get that girl some Imodium." And a LOT of fluids. Stat!

(Maybe she's allergic to onions.)

BiggJakeMoney
12-11-2001, 10:11 AM
Oh great... now every time I see Tinkerbell fly, leaving behind a trail of magic pixie dust... all I'm going to think is "Get that girl some Imodium." And a LOT of fluids. Stat! \

Akkkkkkkkkkk!!! Bad....mental image....pictures.......hehehehe.

-BJM