PDA

View Full Version : I want golden Mouseears!!!

got2travel
01-01-2005, 01:05 PM
As in the ones folks were wearing on the Rose Parade float. I really hope these will be available in the parks for the 50th.

marktips
01-01-2005, 01:10 PM
As in the ones folks were wearing on the Rose Parade float. I really hope these will be available in the parks for the 50th.

There's always spray paint - and I think that's how they made the first batches they used in publicity photos with Julie Andrews - as you can see it chipping or scraped on a ear or two if you look hard enough.

Mickeyslittlehelper
01-01-2005, 01:11 PM
I know! When I saw them on tv i started to drool :fez: I too really want a pair!

MrsG
01-01-2005, 02:18 PM
When we saw them I told hubby "Well, there's the first 50th merchandising pitch." Oh course, I want a pair. :rolleyes:

SoCalDude
01-01-2005, 02:48 PM
When we saw them I told hubby "Well, there's the first 50th merchandising pitch." Oh course, I want a pair. :rolleyes:

Well, maybe the most public one so far - they have been selling some 50th stuff for some time now in the park. So far the stuff they have looks really nice.

But as I said in the other topic - I want those golden mouse ears!

Mickeyslittlehelper
01-01-2005, 03:53 PM
What type of stuff have they been selling in the parks so far for the 50th?? All i know of is a glass, pin, hat, and a t-shirt?

MrsG
01-01-2005, 04:49 PM
All I've seen is a 50th tee shirt/sweatshirt that I didn't think was too attractive.

AVP
01-02-2005, 11:59 AM
Spray paint. Gold Krylon. Seriously, if you look at those ears, it's VERY obvious that they spray painted regular ears, because you can see the outline of the circular Disneyland decal on the front of the hat. They just spray painted over it, and added a gold elastic strap.

But I agree - they better sell those for 50th.

AVP

disney jones
01-02-2005, 12:55 PM
All I've seen is a 50th tee shirt/sweatshirt that I didn't think was too attractive.

Ditto. so far, they're rather plain.

Also its rather confusing with them promoting the 50th, to see so much 'Disneyland 55' stuff. 50 or 55? Oh, i get it, 1955, but its not the brightest marketing to have 50 and 55 along side each other, me thinks.

Jeremiah
01-02-2005, 01:38 PM
For the 25th they had silver mouse ears that were actually silver color not spray paint. I would look for them to start showing up as it gets closer to May I doubt Disney would pass up one of the best pieces of merchendise they could have everyone wearing, and cheap. Also for the person that was asking they will also have a cd box set and some other high end stuff coming out soon.

J

SteveK
01-02-2005, 01:43 PM

I haven't seen either at the resort in awhile. In fact, the character warehouse in fullerton is selling the hats.
-Steve

SteveK
01-02-2005, 01:44 PM
Spray paint. Gold Krylon. Seriously, if you look at those ears, it's VERY obvious that they spray painted regular ears, because you can see the outline of the circular Disneyland decal on the front of the hat. They just spray painted over it, and added a gold elastic strap.

AVP

I was thinking the same thing at first then I wondered if the decal was actually the Gold 50th Anniversary logo...similar to the one on the 50th anniversary bricks.
-Steve

AVP
01-02-2005, 02:06 PM
I was thinking the same thing at first then I wondered if the decal was actually the Gold 50th Anniversary logo...similar to the one on the 50th anniversary bricks.
-SteveNope. Spray paint. I have it on *very* good authority. :~D

AVP