PDA

View Full Version : Price of a DL rain pancho

disneyboy7
01-01-2005, 12:53 PM
Does anyone know the price of a Disneyland pancho?? I know I can go to Target, etc, but I never go generic. I have a logo/graphic arts fetish and I left all my waterproof outerwear up north.
Thanks

marktips
01-01-2005, 01:04 PM
At WDW it's like $5 when its not raining, $7 when it is ;)

DCAWhites
01-01-2005, 01:05 PM
$6.50 I believe, or somewhere within a $.50 range from there.

Wizard69
01-04-2005, 10:16 AM
Does anyone know the price of a Disneyland pancho?? I know I can go to Target, etc, but I never go generic. I have a logo/graphic arts fetish and I left all my waterproof outerwear up north.
Thanks

$6.00 for kids and $7.00 for Adults (including tax) $5.57 and $6.50 before tax.
Umbrellas are $10.00 for a blue one with DLR logo or $15.00 for a black one with Mickey on it.

marktips
01-04-2005, 10:21 AM
*gasps* They actually sell umbrellas?!?

cstephens
01-04-2005, 10:28 AM
*gasps* They actually sell umbrellas?!?

I'm thinking they've sold a ton in the past several weeks.

marktips
01-04-2005, 10:34 AM
I'm thinking they've sold a ton in the past several weeks.

Wow, at WDW one of the few places that sold umbrellas (Well and Goods at Wonders of Life) closed down, so I figured Disney umbrellas for the most part were extinct. At WDW guest, cast, everyone seems to frown on the idea of umbrellas - they're dangerous for tight areas.

Surfingstitch
01-04-2005, 10:42 AM
Yeah.

People kept trying to poke me with them!!!

How rude.

cstephens
01-04-2005, 11:43 AM
Wow, at WDW one of the few places that sold umbrellas (Well and Goods at Wonders of Life) closed down, so I figured Disney umbrellas for the most part were extinct. At WDW guest, cast, everyone seems to frown on the idea of umbrellas - they're dangerous for tight areas.

When we were in the park on New Year's Eve morning in the rain, there were stacks of ponchos and umbrellas (all blue) in just about every location that had a register.

Sheila
01-04-2005, 11:45 AM

From what I've heard, umbrellas are frowned upon at WDW because they're really swell conductors of electricity (the umbrella spokes, etc.). I've heard from cast members that there have been a good number of lighting strikes just at Epcot.

Since Florida is the lightning strike capital of the country, that seems like a good idea to avoid being a lightning rod.... ;) :D

Sheila

marktips
01-04-2005, 11:49 AM
From what I've heard, umbrellas are frowned upon at WDW because they're really swell conductors of electricity (the umbrella spokes, etc.). I've heard from cast members that there have been a good number of lighting strikes just at Epcot.

Since Florida is the lightning strike capital of the country, that seems like a good idea to avoid being a lightning rod.... ;) :D

Sheila

Spaceship Earth usually gets zapped atleast once per major thunderstorm.

hbquikcomjamesl
01-05-2005, 08:56 AM
Umbrellas can also be rather a safety hazard on thrill rides. My choice for such circumstances would be a raincoat and a sou'wester.

Also, a rain-cape is called a PONCHO. "Pancho" is, according to what I just read, a diminutive of the name Francisco.

cstephens
01-05-2005, 09:52 AM
Umbrellas can also be rather a safety hazard on thrill rides.

Well, I'm thinking people shouldn't have their umbrellas open on thrill rides...