PDA

View Full Version : Going January 24th

Johnhost
12-31-2004, 01:46 PM
Hey kids any tips for doing Disney in the off season. Always gone in July and last time I used www.ridemax.com which was the BEST ever! Found that tip on Mouseplanet. I mentioned this site to someone at the gate and the CM gave me a scowl and said she didn't like sites that bash the park...whatever!

Anyway biggest thing I am wondering:

Is Fantasmic going to be showing? Is the weather really cold or is it mild?

Any other information would be helpful. The reason I am going is I am getting 2 nights for 2 people at the paradise pier plus 2 three day park hopper passes for ONLY $130.00. Then from my buddy at the airline I am getting 2 round trip standby guest passes for $140.00. So other then ground trans. and food I am only paying for 2 people $270.00! That is like half of what I paid for myself in July (for one night stay).

Perks of working for Expedia.com =)

Thank for any imput,

John

sediment
12-31-2004, 01:51 PM
Fantasmic is not likely to be playing midweek in late January.

Parks are likely to close early. A number of attractions will be down. Both of these can be checked at official disney site (info might be here as well).

As for the CM scowling about MP: someone has make sure the quality of Disney is being upheld at all times, and that this information is communicated to the public. This site is not the basher it used to be, but then, DL has improved a lot in the past, oh, 13 months or so.

Johnhost
12-31-2004, 02:12 PM
was reading your signiture and I have to wonder if John Wayne is the best airport. Last time I went they canceled the last flight of the day and you can't always get shuttles anytime of day. I had to pay 100 bucks to go to LAX to get out. John Wayne closes at like 9pm..it's worse then the mall!

sediment
12-31-2004, 02:27 PM
Hmm, that was the popular answer given here, and after thinking it through, I decided that John Wayne was best due to the extreme proximity. Less time wasted in traffic. But only if you can fly in. From London, for example, there's a non-stop flight to LAX, so why try to change planes and airlines in Chicago or Phoenix?

Why did you have to pay? That truly sucks.

Slightly off-topic: has anyone heard about "Rule 240"? It was on some show the other day (I didn't see it), and we had a relative get a flight canceled and rerouted a day later through a farther-away airport. "Rule 240," when invokled, forces the airline to put you on the next available flight (on any airline) for no additional charge. But the trick is that you have to invoke it.

Johnhost
12-31-2004, 02:46 PM
Ah rule 240!

Well I work for Expedia.com and I learn about all these fun things. Rule 240 says if they cause a schedule change they will attempt to re-accomidate you to another flight or time. Usually this is no big deal. However you have a right to a full refund due to rule 240. However if you decide to take the accomidations then you no longer eligible for 240.

I was using Alaska Air guest passes so I was on standby...no re-accomidations for me =(

The shuttle cost me around $70.00 to get to LAX. Had to get my dad to bail me out...bad news.

I am since a much wiser traveler!