PDA

View Full Version : First date to Disneyland?

Disneyfan007
12-31-2004, 10:44 AM
I live about 40miles from Disneyland and have an Annual Passport wondering if it would be a good idea to go on a first date to Disneyland or try something like dinner first. If I do take her to D.L., would anyone recommend some good attractions/restaurants? thank you :)

davebert4
12-31-2004, 10:49 AM
Disneyland is where my wife and I had our first date.:)

We lived about 70 miles away at the time. Some of my friends thought it might be weird if we didn't get along, we would be an hour away from home, but it was great.

Mrs.N
12-31-2004, 11:11 AM
We had our first date at Disneyland. It was for the CM Christmas party. It went so well that nearly 2 years later, we married there!

dsnyredhead
12-31-2004, 11:33 AM
We also had our first official date at disneyland. It was more of a "Well, I'll be at Disneyland" , "ok, maybe I'll meet you there" type of thing. :)

We didn't have dinner there that night, but there are some places that could work depending on your budget. It depends on what you are looking for. If you want something higher end...Granville's, Hook's Point (at the hotels) come to mind. If you want something lower end, just about anything in DL depending on your tastes.

QueenAlisha
12-31-2004, 11:43 AM
I think that would be a great first date. i think it would be nice to have dinner at carnation cafe, people watch, chat talk, it would be a little more relaxed than some fancier place. if you were palnning to stay for fireworks, maybe get some cookies (or fudge) and hot choclate and watch them... now i wanna go on a date at disneyland.

Hakuna Makarla
12-31-2004, 12:23 PM
Need you have to ask!! I wish I had a first date at disneyland!! Man how exciting, aqnd at least you can have fun and chat to! Dinners are so boring, when you can ride tot and have dinner LOL! go to disneyland, if she is not thrilled about it dump her! if she is not liking disney like you it will never work ( joking of course)

slydini
12-31-2004, 12:28 PM
go to disneyland, if she is not thrilled about it dump her! if she is not liking disney like you it will never work ( joking of course)
Wasn't there a whole thread about this very same thing not too long ago? :)

Hakuna Makarla
12-31-2004, 12:29 PM
was there? was I reading that day? man I am so slow. thanks slydini

slydini
12-31-2004, 12:32 PM
was there? was I reading that day? man I am so slow. thanks slydini
I thought I had read a whole thread about someone's partner not wanting to go to DL so should they break up. Or something to that effect.
I was only kidding however.

sediment
12-31-2004, 01:44 PM
Suggestion: don't be any freaky about DL than she is.
You have an AP; you know what to do and where to go. Blue Bayou, HM a litte later in the date, after you've determined snuggleness. Just tell her that you'll do whatever she wants to (since you might not know her scared factor), since you've been on everything already and willing to go on everything again. Because, the rides will be different, with her.
(Whoa, let me dial back the come-on factor.)

D-lander 1956
12-31-2004, 03:07 PM
^^sounds like you have had A LOT of first date experiences at DL! :~D

Honestly, I can't think of a better place for a first date. At least you will have fun even if you have awkward moments. And if you get along great, it makes the date all that more fun!

h_lehmann
12-31-2004, 03:10 PM
....wondering if it would be a good idea to go on a first date to Disneyland or try something like dinner first. If I do take her to D.L., would anyone recommend some good attractions/restaurants? thank you :)

Depends on the girl...

I'm assuming you don't know *that* much about her yet, since you haven't even had a first date. If she's the kind that dresses different than whatever's in fashion at the moment and doesn't care what others have to say about it, then by all means take her to Disneyland. Call a few days ahead and get a waterfront table at Blue Bayou for dinner (because chicks like that sort of thing), but also go nuts and wear your Mickey ears during dinner to let her know that you too are a free spirit. After dinner, grab a table at Coke Corner and fake your way through a sing-along accompanied by Rod Miller at the piano. Don't worry if you sound like a dufus, again, chicks like this sort of thing.

On the other hand, if she's just someone you'd like to score with, then skip Disneyland and take her somewhere that serves alchohol.

sediment
12-31-2004, 03:35 PM
^^sounds like you have had A LOT of first date experiences at DL! :~D

Honestly, I can't think of a better place for a first date. At least you will have fun even if you have awkward moments. And if you get along great, it makes the date all that more fun!
Is that for me? Actually I don't. Just putting on others' shoes. (both parties, actually.)

Wkr3kt
12-31-2004, 06:09 PM
My first date with my husband was Disneyland and I asked him! We both have never forgotten it and is still an amazing place for us! So much so we have left the kids home for the weekend and just the two of us have gone! Yes, we do take the kids too, on other trips!

I say go for it! It is a great place to get to know someone and can easily see if you want to spend more time together! That said, I went once with some friends with whom some in the group I didn't know. I met a really nice girl and by the end of the day we decided to be roommates and now she is a lifelong friend! What this place does to people!

Disneyfan007
12-31-2004, 06:11 PM
Thanks everyone for the advice! I still am alittle unsure how to actually ask her if she wants to go...She is a cahsier and all I can think of would be "Do you want to go to Disneyland sometime?" while I am getting my change back.

disneyhound
01-01-2005, 07:18 AM
Thanks everyone for the advice! I still am alittle unsure how to actually ask her if she wants to go...She is a cahsier and all I can think of would be "Do you want to go to Disneyland sometime?" while I am getting my change back.

How about "Been to Disneyland lately?" You can easily read someone regarding Disneyland. If she says it has been a while, you could reply that they have added a lot lately, and you were thinking about going next Friday night, and if she was in the mood for some Disney fun, that you would enjoy her company... If she frowns at the Disneyland, take your change, smile and move on! ;)