PDA

View Full Version : Last Week of April

DangerMouse
12-31-2004, 07:10 AM
Newbie here with a few questions. I have researched this site to death along with disney.com and a few others to find all the answers to my questions, but a few remain. Hoping some of you more experienced DL goers can help.

We are planning a trip the last week of April (Sun, Mon, Tues). I'm hoping the crowds will be down since it is after Spring Break and right before the big May 5 date. So, here's my questions:

1. When does the Disney site release its upcoming calendars for park events such as parades and shows? Currently, it is only showing for about 30 days ahead. Is that pretty standard?

2. Does Fantasmic and the ELP generally run on Sunday nights in April? The DL park hours are till 11 pm, so I'm hoping I'm correct in assuming they will run Fantasmic.

3. What do you think the chances are of the Buzz ride being open during this time? (I've read the rumors of the early soft opening)

I have LOVED reading here over the last couple weeks and will continue to up until our trip in 4 months! Ooooooooh, I just can't wait! :D

englishdisneylandfan
12-31-2004, 02:02 PM
there are likely to be soft openings during your visit so you may get on the new buzz ride and the disneyland website usually only offers the 30 day in advance calendar u described.

DangerMouse
01-02-2005, 06:00 AM
Thanks for your response! I guess I actually do have another question that is buggin me:

What exactly will we be missing by going in April instead of say, September 2005?

Will there be no fireworks or parades in April?

I know which rides will be down for refurbishment, and I'm ok with that. But, what exactly will be included in the 50th Hooplah that should keep me from going in April and perhaps go in September?

Anyone?? TIA! I wish I didn't get so OC about planning this trip!

scrappykate
01-02-2005, 06:10 AM
Well I guilty of being OC like you. We too are planning a trip for my sons kindearten graduation with a 4 of his friends and their families. I hadn't looked to see what rides would be down. Would you be so kind as to let me know? We were stuck going in April due to birthdays etc.
By the way if anyone has any suggestions of some cool things to plan for the Kindergarteners I am open to suggetions. We are going to the Plaza Inn to decorate birthday cakes b/c the trip is around all of their birhtdyas. Other than that we don't have anything planned. I am sure since the group is all girls except my son we will end up at the Princess breakfast :) Have a good trip Dangermouse.

DangerMouse
01-02-2005, 06:16 AM
Hi ScrappyKate! Well, during our planned stay 4/23-27, the rides that are closed are:

Space Mtn.
Jungle Cruise
Storybook Boats
KC Jr. Train

We are still keeping our fingers crossed for a soft opening of Buzz while we are there. But will be darned disappointed if there is no parade or fireworks at all.

disneyhound
01-02-2005, 06:19 AM
What exactly will we be missing by going in April instead of say, September 2005?

For the last few years we have always gone during off-season, end of January through February, somewhere in there. There are some trade offs!

Park hours are shorter during weekdays!

More rides are being refurbished!

Fireworks and/or shows are often only available on a weekend!

They tend to close some food locations when crowds are small!

But since you are going over a weekend, you should not have much impact. Smaller crowds always offset any other inconvience IMHO... ;)

scrappykate
01-02-2005, 06:23 AM
Thanks for the info! I guess I should be happy my son's favorite ride is Dumbo and my daughters is the Tea Cups :) Of course my husband will miss Space Mountain!!!! The Matterhorn was closed when we were ther in Novemeber :(
We will be in the park the April 29-May 1. The kids have no idea so I think they should be pretty excited.

Darkbeer
01-02-2005, 08:28 AM
No Fireworks will be offered in April Actually, tonight is the last time a Fireworks show will be offered until May 5th.

No Parade will be offered, today is the last Parade until May 5th. A cavalcade will start being offered this Friday. A cavalcade is basically a few vehicles and character going down Main Street (The route is the Opera House to the Photo Shop, then exiting at the gate next to First Aid.)

On weekends, and peak Holidays, Fantasmic! will be offered.

Things to expect closed during April

The Tiki Room (reopens May)
The Tomorrowland Railroad Station (The actual trains will be running, just the one station will be closed)
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln (being converted to the 50th Exhibit)
The Jungle Cruise
The Disney Gallery
The Fantasyland pathway from the Carousel/Dumbo area to Big Thunder Ranch.
Casey Jr. Circus Trains
Village Haus Resturant
Storybook Canal boats
Space Mountain
Sleeping Beauty Castle under wraps, to allow for the decoration of the Castle for the 50th.
Buzz Lightyear (though you might find it running under a soft opening and testing), but in late April, you might find AP previews, which would require a special ticket/pass to ride.

Plus Honey, I Shrunk the Audience is scheduled to be closed from April 18th thru the 22nd.

Alas, April is basically the last chance for Disney to get the park ready for the 50th, and the resulting refurb schedule shows it.

calguy77
01-02-2005, 09:06 AM
[QUOTE=Darkbeer]No Fireworks will be offered in April Actually, tonight is the last time a Fireworks show will be offered until May 5th.

No Parade will be offered, today is the last Parade until May 5th. A cavalcade will start being offered this Friday. A cavalcade is basically a few vehicles and character going down Main Street (The route is the Opera House to the Photo Shop, then exiting at the gate next to First Aid.)

Thats funny, going on Jan 5-9th and the have electric light parade listed.

SCUBAbe
01-02-2005, 09:11 AM
[QUOTE=Darkbeer]N

Thats funny, going on Jan 5-9th and the have electric light parade listed.

electric parade is at DCA...:)

DangerMouse
01-02-2005, 11:52 AM
Darkbeer, the disney website shows the Tiki Room reopening after March 11. Is this inaccurate?? The Tiki Room is a deal breaker for us.

Darkbeer
01-02-2005, 12:54 PM
As far as I understand (things are always subject to change), is that the Tiki Room project will be finished by March 11th, and I have been told (rumor) that they will keep the attraction closed to be part of the 50th celebration, but with so many other things closed, they might decide to open it early, especially since it is just before Easter break.

Only time will tell.... I tend to list things on the side of error, MHO, it is better to be prepared to have it closed, and if it opens early, then you get the extra benefit....

As for the Parades, I was talking about Disneyland. Yes, DCA will still offer the Electrical Parade Friday, Saturday and Sundays, plus daily during the last two weeks of March.

TikiGeek
01-02-2005, 02:03 PM
As far as I understand (things are always subject to change), is that the Tiki Room project will be finished by March 11th, and I have been told (rumor) that they will keep the attraction closed to be part of the 50th celebration, but with so many other things closed, they might decide to open it early, especially since it is just before Easter break.

I too am hopeful that Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room will be open in March - and I also hope that the refurb will restore it back to it's original glory. I've missed it very much.

I have to agree with Darkbeer - they may hold the opening to May 5th. Time will tell.

kohl
01-02-2005, 02:17 PM
We are planning a trip the week of April 13 for my son's B-Day and we were also thing the Tiki Room would be open. I've been telling my kids it would be open. It's my daughters favorite!