PDA

View Full Version : Talking Trash Can in Tomorrowland

ToursbabeC3po
12-31-2004, 12:24 AM
When I was working at greeter today at Tours There was a sighting I could not believe! A moving, talking, trash can that interacts with the guest. It is very entertaining and it is funny to watch the guest that walk by get surprised when they try to put something in the trash and it says "ouch" or something silly like that! I laughed a lot today watching people getting caught off guard I suggest you check it out!
((((((((((hugs))))))))))))
Toursbabe

Uncle Remus
12-31-2004, 12:28 AM
http://www.dldhistory.com/gallery.asp?Tab=Disneyland&Page=119&Current=269&ID=5
heres some pictures of the trash can from rlmsofts page. he posted this in another thread yesturday.

ToursbabeC3po
12-31-2004, 12:37 AM
awwww sorry I missed the thread but it truely is the most funny thing I have encountered at Disneyland in a while. I can sit and watch people with this thing for hours LOL. I don't come here enough to keep up with all the threads I apologise. Have a great new year!
Toursbabe

disneyguy247
12-31-2004, 07:22 AM
finally...............something worthwhile to do in tomorrowland!

Andrew
12-31-2004, 07:29 AM
Great! We saw this at the MK a few years ago. Good that they brought it out here! It's fun to watch people interact with it and get totally surprised.

sami869
12-31-2004, 07:51 AM
I saw that at WDW when I went 5 years ago. So cool that it's here now. I hope it's not a temperary thing.

Disney Vault
12-31-2004, 09:40 AM
I also saw that at the MK. It was very funny and it told my uncle "Do you know we have the same haircut." My uncle in bald and we all started cracking up.

defm22
12-31-2004, 10:15 AM
We have seen a similar trash can roaming the area of Tomorrowland at the Magic Kingdom on our last several visits there. It was a blast to watch the interaction between it and the surprised guests. So glad they brought one out here to our park. Whoever is responsible for its sudden appearance..."OUTSTANDING JOB" and Thank You!

AVP
12-31-2004, 10:17 AM
Am I the only person who remembers that Disneyland already had one of these many, many moons ago?

AVP

defm22
12-31-2004, 10:36 AM
Disneyland had one???

I dont remember ever seeing one there.
Although I might have walked by one on more then one occassion that was "lying in wait", pretending to be an actual trash can as it waited for its next victim. :eek:

davebert4
12-31-2004, 10:52 AM
finally...............something worthwhile to do in tomorrowland!
Who would have thought that the most exiting thing in tomorrowland would involve a trash can?:rolleyes:

QueenAlisha
12-31-2004, 11:45 AM
I rember it, and no one belives me, i was younger and the thing scared the crap outta me. i knew i wasnt that crazy!

englishdisneylandfan
12-31-2004, 01:35 PM
what sort of thing does it do? is it robotic or does someone operate it? (a very small person)

Alex S.
12-31-2004, 01:43 PM
It is controlled externally by a CM nearby.

They have a remote control and a microphone through which they talk, having it come out of the garbage can.

I forget how the CM at the talking palm tree at Animal Kingdom disguises himself, but there is a similar robot every year at the Alameda County Fair. That operator carries a pag over his shoulder, with one hand in it to stear and is constantly sipping on the straw of a large soda (the microphone is in the straw).

sediment
12-31-2004, 02:10 PM
Who would have thought that the most exiting thing in tomorrowland would involve a trash can?:rolleyes:
Take a look around. It doesn't even take that much to make T-Land more exciting.
Only time can bring it back to its maximum glory. Traveling back in time is impossible, and investing for the future is intolerable (for E). We'll get a boost when Space finally opens (Buzz will have opened already).

ToursbabeC3po
01-01-2005, 11:28 PM
Sediment it really looks like space is going to open before buzz right now. This is from a very reliable unconfirmed source I have.
Toursbabe

Disney Vault
01-02-2005, 09:51 AM
Is buzz having some problems? Because in the other post you just said Space Mt. will open July 2005.

dingdong2U
01-02-2005, 09:55 AM
Sediment it really looks like space is going to open before buzz right now. This is from a very reliable unconfirmed source I have.
Toursbabe

My reliable unconfirmed source can beat up your reliable unconfirmed source any day. (Just kidding!) ;)

--- Mike

Opus1guy
01-02-2005, 12:38 PM
Anyone remember the Talking Water Fountain?

Ex Imagineer Eddie Soto developed it. It looked just like one of those standard wall-mounted metal jobs you see in the park. For a long time it sat in a hallway at the 1401 Flower Street building of Walt Disney Imagineering and would surprise thirsty and unsuspecting visitors.

You stepped up to it and pressed the lever and water came out as normal but the water was all illuminated by some sort of fiber optic deal that appeared to add color to the water! And accompanying the rainbow water was some very humorous "glurp, glurp, gurgle, gurgle" and "Aaaahhh" sounds.

They later installed it onstage at Communicore East at Epcot.

There was also one for a short time at ToonTown at Disneyland when it first opened. Most people missed it. It was tucked way in the back by the food court.

It was pretty funny. Eddie Soto did the noises and voices (he developed and voiced "Shrunken Ned" and the upstairs window sounds like "Dr. Bits" the Dentist you hear on Main Street). If you're ever at LAX airport...be sure to go up to Encounter Restaurant (http://www.encounterrestaurant.com/) and ask the bartender to give a squirt out of his bar-gun. It's the same deal only with more futuristic funny sounds from Eddie's mouth (Eddie was WDI Show Producer of the Encounter project for California One Services, who operates the restaurant and contracted WDI to design it).

ToursbabeC3po
01-03-2005, 01:39 AM
Without getting too detailed with buzz there is certain parts that have to be shipped over seas that did not do to well with the trip. IF buzz opens in May I would be very surprised!
((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))
Tours