PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland weddings?

Pages : [1] 2

mightduck
12-30-2004, 05:25 PM
Has anyone had a disneyland wedding? I been on websites and it sounds like theres no way to have a wedding under $20,000, for 200 people.

Earkid
12-30-2004, 05:26 PM
Hey Sediment, where are ya? We need your signature.

Surfingstitch
12-30-2004, 05:28 PM
Hey Sediment, where are ya? We need your signature.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...............?

Earkid
12-30-2004, 05:40 PM
Find a post by sediment and read his sig. #7 says it all.

Surfingstitch
12-30-2004, 05:46 PM
Find a post by sediment and read his sig. #7 says it all.

Oh yeah.

I forgot about that one.

Hee Hee.

12-31-2004, 05:18 AM
mightduck, go to http://www.disneylandweddings.com with a dollar amount and idea of how many guests and ask the Disney Fairy Tale Wedding planners.

beast77
12-31-2004, 12:15 PM
My wife and I were married there back in 2003 and were able to have a wedding for under 20k. You don't have to go with Disney for anything but ceremony and reception sites and food and cake. You can go with outside vendors for favors, photography, officiant, etc. We did and were able to stay within the minimum amount that you expect to pay for a midweek wedding. There are groups out there for Disneyland Brides that are very useful in planning your wedding. Plus a huge money saver is to have a M-Th wedding before 2pm, the minimums are cheaper.

sediment
12-31-2004, 01:40 PM
I might have to move that up the FAQ list.

disneyjunkie
07-21-2005, 10:49 PM
Wow 200 people for 20,000 not anymore . So far my daughters wedding for Sept at the Rose garden and reception to follow in the Pavillon room and for only estimated 80 people is at 14,300 and some odd dollars. Includes , site , food at 65.00 pre head , cake at 8.00 per slice, harpist, Mickey and Minnie for 30 mins, rehersal dinner at the Grand Ca 5th floor patio at 40.00 something per 25 people, corkage fee, prereception appetizers, dressing rooms with small lite food and clear beverages. NO flowers, no photographer, no DJ all outside vendors, opps forgot that includes vendor meals. Hopefully this is going to be the wedding of her dreams and not the road to bankruptcy for us lol.

sriggins
07-21-2005, 11:11 PM
20K? Much more than that :)

I have been to weddings there - Was beautiful. For me, I'd get married in a small ceremony with a few friends, then we'd PARTY at Disneyland, Disneyworld and Disneyland Paris with the leftover money. LOL

Mrs. Newseditor44
07-21-2005, 11:30 PM
If you want to have a wedding under $20k, I suggest you look elsewhere than Disney. What you can do is try to theme the wedding Disney by possibly having the cake or some of the favors Disney. In my opinion, the look of the ballrooms are very similar to the other hotels and the food is comparable but the only difference is that it is located on Disney property. For me, the fact that it was at Disneyland wasn't enough for me to really want it there.

But, my husband and I wanted our reception to be at the Disneyland Hotel but when we were pricing it, it was outrageously more than where we actually had it. When we looked around we discovered the Biltmore Hotel in Downtown LA. We got a lot more for our money there as well. We were even given two ballrooms (one for the pre-reception and then one for the actual dinner). I recall our per person cost at the reception was around $65, $500 for the live band, $250 for the rehearsal dinner at Rock Bottom Brewery (there was about 30 of us). We spent a lot on our photographer but that's because we wanted our pictures in 3 months not a year after the wedding.

If anyone has seen the Fight Club (w/Brad Pitt and Edward Norton), our ballroom is in that movie :D (check out True Lies with the governator, Dave with Kevin Kline and The West Wing too!!!)

disneyjunkie
07-22-2005, 10:12 PM
Lucky she and her fiance are paying for part of the wedding . I gave her a dollar figure that we could spend and told her that was the bottom line and If she really really wanted to get married at Disneyland she would have to work within the amount or pay for the extras. It has worked out beautifuly, no nit picking over if she can have this or that , no mom/daughter arguements!
Outside vendors are much more reasonable and Ebay is the key for themed items.
I guess my feelings were that this is her wedding, I already had one, I dont want to get to that cat fight do it this way or that way place. I want to enjoy her wedding and want her to have fun to.
what I really like it to keep cost down she opted for an 11:30 am wedding at the rose court garden ...what better time of day to enjoy the roses and smell and sunshine (there better be sunshine) ! Lunch is served around 2 ish , its the same menu as a dinner wedding , so the guest should be filled with food and goodies , the reception is over at 5 Pm and off we go to Disneyland to continue celebrating!

DisneyBubbles
07-29-2005, 01:49 PM
20K? Much more than that :)

I have been to weddings there - Was beautiful. For me, I'd get married in a small ceremony with a few friends, then we'd PARTY at Disneyland, Disneyworld and Disneyland Paris with the leftover money. LOL

That's what we just did. We got married at Disneyland in June then spent the weekend at Disneyland and DCA with our friends and family then we flew off to Florida and spent a week at WDW and then took a 4 night Disney cruise to the Bahamas. It was great!!!

kimc0486
07-29-2005, 02:46 PM
You can also get married in DL under the castle, with the carriage and everything...the pics on disneylandwedding website are amazing. Anyone know how much it costs to get married there?

adriennek
07-29-2005, 03:03 PM
You can also get married in DL under the castle, with the carriage and everything...the pics on disneylandwedding website are amazing. Anyone know how much it costs to get married there?

You have to be Japanese and it costs tens of thousands of dollars.

Adrienne

Malcon10t
07-29-2005, 03:03 PM
You can also get married in DL under the castle, with the carriage and everything...the pics on disneylandwedding website are amazing. Anyone know how much it costs to get married there?You are looking at closer to $50K for 100 people. My oldest says she will wait til I hit the lottery before she gets married, as she wants this wedding.

dsnyredhead
07-29-2005, 03:04 PM
Why do you have to be Japanese?

kimc0486
07-29-2005, 03:07 PM
Do you seriously have to be Japanese?

adriennek
07-29-2005, 03:13 PM
Ok, you might be able to get married in the park if you aren't Japanese and do so really early in the morning before the park opens. I know there's one caveat, but I don't remember the loophole.

But, as it says in sediment's .sig, if you want to be married in the park during the day, you have to be Japanese. The reason is that the only way to get this package is through a Japanese Tourist Bureau/Japanese Tour Company/Travel Agent.

I'm not the Adrienne who remembers the details but you have to be a Japanese citizen to book this package and those are the terms and conditions that Disneyland put on the package to make it available. I'll have to go search japanese weddings and AVP as the poster.

Adrienne

Osky
07-29-2005, 03:18 PM
I have heard this before, however, Disneyland's website lists the park as a wedding location, and makes no mention of Japanese citizenship. In fact, I would think that would be ripe for a discrimination law suit. Anyway, here is the link from Disneyland's wedding site:

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/dlr/weddings/dlwGeneralDisplay?id=ParkPage

Plus, if you go to the FAQ, we get this tidbit:

Q: I would love a park wedding but unfortunately do not have the budget for it...how do you suggest we incorporate the magic of Disney into our wedding event?
A: Even though a Disneyland® park wedding may not be a possibility for you – we are pleased to offer many magical opportunities to enhance your wedding event. You may wish for an early morning Theme Park Wedding Photo Session with a professional Photographer to capture the spirit and fantasy of your special day, or plan a pre or post-wedding event such as a Fantasmic! Dessert party (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/dlr/weddings/dlwGeneralDisplay?id=OtherPartiesPage), Disney's Electrical Parade Rehearsal Dinner (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/dlr/weddings/dlwGeneralDisplay?id=OtherPartiesPage) or even a whimsical Mad Hatter Tea Party Brunch (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/dlr/weddings/dlwGeneralDisplay?id=OtherPartiesPage). Your Disney Wedding Event Manager will be pleased to share details with you of these options and many more.

Note that it says "unfortunately do not have the budget for it". It does not say "unfortunately I am not Japanese".

Money speaks!

adriennek
07-29-2005, 03:22 PM
OK, per this post (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?p=418675&highlight=wedding#post418675) AVP heard $250K quoted for 'anyone' to have a wedding inside DLR with 100 guests.

Now, there is another package that is the Japanese wedding package. I've heard that it's a lower price point (the price point I'd heard was 10Ks not 100Ks) but there are stricter restrictions on the size of the wedding party.

Adrienne

Osky
07-29-2005, 03:28 PM
Well, I hope someone in the process of planning a Disney wedding finds out this information for us. There is a lot of hearsay flying around, and it would be nice to hear it from Disney. However, I found in the past that they are unwilling to talk turkey unless you are serious about a Disney wedding.

kimc0486
07-29-2005, 03:37 PM
Ok, a few weeks back there was that big article about all MP writers, and asked them questions and one of the question was what is your fav. memory of DL, I couldn't find it, but one of the persons (I cant rember who!) said his favorite memory was getting married at DL watching his wife walk down the aisle holding mickey balloons. Does anyone remember what I'm talking about? Maybe he knows how much it costs if he got married IN the park.

DisneyBubbles
07-29-2005, 03:45 PM
Anyone can have a wedding inside DL in front of the castle but the minimum expenditure was about $50,000 I believe when I was planning my wedding last year and you have to have the wedding after park hours. So all your guests have to have the stamina to stay up till wee hours of the morning. That sucks. That is why most people do the type of wedding I did at the resort hotels with the Cinderella Crytsal Carriage and all. They do a beautiful job. I really had a fairytale wedding there. We had about 80 guests and did it for about $15,000. And you can do it cheaper than that even. As long as you shop around and get your own vendors and not use Disney's you will save tons of money. Disney really overcharges. For example Disney quoted me $4000 for my flowers and after some research I found a florist who did not only the same thing but actually more for $900. Things like that bring the price down. You only have to use Disney for the catering, cake, and alcohol.I would reccomend doing a Disney wedding to everyone. Also keep in mind the less guests you have the less you spend. We cut down our guest list to 80 to bring our cost down. We just invited the close friends and family.

Malcon10t
07-29-2005, 03:53 PM
I have heard this before, however, Disneyland's website lists the park as a wedding location, and makes no mention of Japanese citizenship. In fact, I would think that would be ripe for a discrimination law suit. Anyway, here is the link from Disneyland's wedding site:

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/dlr/weddings/dlwGeneralDisplay?id=ParkPage

Plus, if you go to the FAQ, we get this tidbit:

Note that it says "unfortunately do not have the budget for it". It does not say "unfortunately I am not Japanese".

Money speaks!The difference is, you cannot get married in the park while the park is open. I believe thru the Japanese Consulate, you can. For an "in the park" (ie at the castle) you get married after the park closes.