PDA

View Full Version : anyone have rare/hard to find video?

Monty-Jay
12-10-2001, 11:57 AM
i was curious to see if anyone has old footage for trade. Like when jim varney (as Ernest) was the first to ride splash mountain. I caught this when it first aired and have never seen it since...Or any of the old shows from the disney channel (Insider?) where they took a weekly peek inside the parks. This was cancelled a few years back and i miss seeing it.....

Niwel
12-10-2001, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Monty-Jay
i was curious to see if anyone has old footage for trade. Like when jim varney (as Ernest) was the first to ride splash mountain. I caught this when it first aired and have never seen it since...Or any of the old shows from the disney channel (Insider?) where they took a weekly peek inside the parks. This was cancelled a few years back and i miss seeing it.....

I have it, but I taped i off the TV and I'm not sure how good the quality would be.
When they had Disneyland's 35th anniversary, they devoted a whole day to Disneyland on the Disney Channel (times change huh?)
Call/write the channel and beg them (likw many of us do) to show morebaout the parks. Who knows ... maybe they'll show it on Vault Disney

MammaSilva
12-10-2001, 01:56 PM
I have a bootleg copy of Song of the South but I'm not interested in trading it

Monty-Jay
12-10-2001, 02:01 PM
believe me i have...i always get the sam PR response of "there are no plans to air.... at this time or in the future....." and "we do not have copies of.......available to the public at this time....." I didn't catch the whole day 35th anniversary on disney channel, but i did record the disneyland story/35 anniversary special on abc that night...i just watched it the other day.....It really is a shame that there's not much "disney" stuff of the DC...just jett jackson and even stevens stuff...

dcadon
12-10-2001, 02:04 PM
Last year I bought a Retired Disneyland Attractions video from doombuggy1969@aol.com. It has lots of old ride footage, peoplemover, adventure through inner space, captain EO, ect. As well as old parades like the World According to Goofy and Party Gras, old effects like the Indy jones ice effect and lots of old commercials. I don't know if it's still available, it was only $10. You can write to the doombuggies.com people and ask them.
It was cool watching the entire America sings attraction in my living room.

-Don0

mad4mky
12-10-2001, 02:05 PM
We have a "Goonies" VHS, that has a scene that was cut out of the movie in the theatres, and on the later videos. It shows it on the DVD (cause we bought that too) as a scene cut out. But for some reason, its on our video.
It's the scene with the octopus in the water when they find the pirate ship. My kids love the scene...and I think because they know its not supposed to be there.

Monty-Jay
12-10-2001, 02:10 PM
did they film that scene at DL? My sister always told me that they did a scene from goonies at DL but i never really knew what she was talking about....i'll have to go pick up the dvd version....

zapppop
12-10-2001, 02:42 PM
I have a bootleg copy of Song Of The South but I'd be willing to part with it.

I just didn't get into it.

innerSpaceman
12-10-2001, 03:27 PM
I have a bootleg copy of the Star Tours film. It's yellow tinted and has a running time clock at the bottom of the frame - it is from one of the company's that did FX for the film. There are green and red tinted versions too, but this one happens to be yellow-tinted. I got an explanation for this once, but have long forgotten it. In any case, wouldn't trade it for the world. It's already a third generation: i have made copies from it and they look like crap.

steamboatStu
12-10-2001, 06:56 PM
Okay, that's three bootleg copies of song-of-the-south. Did all of you also get it at an Orange County swapmeet?

Ozymandius
12-10-2001, 07:02 PM
I've got Song of the south (3/4) on 16mm film. Found it at an estate sale a couple of years back. Only have 3 of the 4 reels. Picture quality is going south too.

Ozy

MammaSilva
12-10-2001, 07:06 PM
I actually ordered mine from a site in Florida, paid 40 bucks for it but it was worth it to me, my niece and nephews didn't "get it" on splash, now they love it even more than before, Brandy loves it because of all the wonderful music :)

slaakker
12-10-2001, 07:29 PM
One of my most cherished possessions is my copy of Song of the South. A favorite movie since I was a kid. It is a shame that most kids that ride spash mountain don't really appreciate or know the story behind it.

Morrigoon
12-10-2001, 07:37 PM
Have any of you with the (rapidly declining) tapes of SotS thought about getting it digitized? Is that possible, to stick it on DVD?

MammaSilva
12-10-2001, 07:44 PM
I would think the cost would be prohibitive but that sounds like a wonderful idea

zapppop
12-10-2001, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Morrigoon
Have any of you with the (rapidly declining) tapes of SotS thought about getting it digitized? Is that possible, to stick it on DVD?

You could but since it's only a bootleg copy, it won't look that great.

Nigel2
12-10-2001, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by mad4mky
We have a "Goonies" VHS, that has a scene that was cut out of the movie in the theatres, and on the later videos. It shows it on the DVD (cause we bought that too) as a scene cut out. But for some reason, its on our video.
It's the scene with the octopus in the water when they find the pirate ship. My kids love the scene...and I think because they know its not supposed to be there.
That might actually be from the UK or some other country's version. If anyone here has ever seen Blazing Saddles on DVD/VHS and then see it on tv(Mel Brooks refuses to watch it on network/lower tie cable tv, I think HBO and such show it as intended) there is a semi baptism scene that isn't on the us version. So odds are they just added a little extra on for no good reason.

mad4mky
12-11-2001, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by Nigel2

That might actually be from the UK or some other country's version. If anyone here has ever seen Blazing Saddles on DVD/VHS and then see it on tv(Mel Brooks refuses to watch it on network/lower tie cable tv, I think HBO and such show it as intended) there is a semi baptism scene that isn't on the us version. So odds are they just added a little extra on for no good reason.

Well why would a K-Mart sell a UK version? I think you are off on this one. I can't think of an explaination...but I wouldn't say it was that one.

Someone just goofed up editing the videos before they went out on the market. Or maybe, when they first came out, they advertised that "cut" scenes were on the video? Who knows.

mad4mky
12-11-2001, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by Monty-Jay
did they film that scene at DL? My sister always told me that they did a scene from goonies at DL but i never really knew what she was talking about....i'll have to go pick up the dvd version....

No...it wasn't filmed at DL. Stephen Spielberg built a set just for the Goonies movie. The child actors didn't get to see the pirate ship area until the actual day they were going to be filmed there. He wanted actual "surprised" faces on them when they saw the ship. I know he also did this with Hook...kept everything pretty quiet until the filming began...

Monty-Jay
12-11-2001, 09:19 AM
it really isn't that hard or expensive, if you have the neccessary components like a fast pc, video capture card, and a cd burner. I have done this a few times, my latest project is to digitize the 35th anniversary special and 4th of july 1990 from DL and WDW.

Nigel2
12-11-2001, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by mad4mky

Well why would a K-Mart sell a UK version? I think you are off on this one. I can't think of an explaination...but I wouldn't say it was that one.

Someone just goofed up editing the videos before they went out on the market. Or maybe, when they first came out, they advertised that "cut" scenes were on the video? Who knows.
It might have had the cut scenes added in, what I am trying to say is that the uk version of the film might have been more popular so when they made the vhs they opted for the uk footage which is generally (for most big name movies) slightly different than the US version. But most places wouldn't be able to sell a europe format of the film since it wont play in a VCR.