PDA

View Full Version : Where can I get a brick for the 50th Anniversary?

I Heart Disneyland!
12-30-2004, 09:06 AM
Hi guys! I saw the thread where people were talking about what to put on their bricks, and I NEED to have one! Where can I buy one? A website, a phone number? Please let me know!!! I don't want to miss out! Thanks gang! :D

the mad hatter
12-30-2004, 09:27 AM
You can contact your local Home Depot or Lowes. It will probably set you back about 30 cents. ;)

/jk

stan4d_steph
12-30-2004, 09:35 AM
Here's a previous thread with the information: http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=32785

I Heart Disneyland!
12-30-2004, 09:50 AM
You can contact your local Home Depot or Lowes. It will probably set you back about 30 cents. ;)

/jk

HAR DEEEEE HAR HAR! ;) And I can engrave anything I want on it, and stick it somewhere in DL. Hey, great idea! :eek:

I Heart Disneyland!
12-30-2004, 09:53 AM
Here's a previous thread with the information: http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=32785

Thanks for a REAL answer. heehee! I will check it out. Am I reading the thread right? I need to be an annual pass holder? Because I'm not, but, would buy an AP just to get the brick!!!! (Live in Seattle, so, I don't go that often, but, will be going about 3 times next year.)

the mad hatter
12-30-2004, 09:54 AM
HAR DEEEEE HAR HAR! ;) And I can engrave anything I want on it, and stick it somewhere in DL. Hey, great idea! :eek:
That would be pretty cool :~D

cstephens
12-30-2004, 09:56 AM
Thanks for a REAL answer. heehee! I will check it out. Am I reading the thread right? I need to be an annual pass holder? Because I'm not, but, would buy an AP just to get the brick!!!! (Live in Seattle, so, I don't go that often, but, will be going about 3 times next year.)

No, you don't need to be an annual passholder, but AP's get a discount through December 31, 2004.

I Heart Disneyland!
12-30-2004, 10:01 AM
No, you don't need to be an annual passholder, but AP's get a discount through December 31, 2004.

Thanks SO much! I am calling TODAY!!!!! I need a brick since I've been going to DL since about 1965! ( I know, I missed the first 10 years....so sue me! I can't help it, I wasn't BORN yet til 61!!! ) haha!

cstephens
12-30-2004, 10:01 AM
Thanks SO much! I am calling TODAY!!!!! The deadline is tomorrow, right? I need a brick since I've been going to DL since about 1965!

The deadline for the AP discount is tomorrow. You can purchase a brick at any time.

Earkid
12-30-2004, 10:07 AM
Just ordered mine. I was on hold for 15 minutes. The place closes tomorrow at noon and is closed on Saturday too. Just FYI. You can have three lines of info, 16 characters per line. Don't know if they let you put phrases cuz I didn't ask. Just have our names and wedding date.

CM said that we would get paperwork on it by the end of Jan/early Feb and we have 72 hours from reciept to contact them if anything is wrong. Bricks are supposed to be placed by the end of April.

We also ordered the acrylic replica but I didn't even think to ask the cost, cuz frankly, it didn't matter. I would have gotten the replica no matter what.

KarenW2
12-30-2004, 11:09 AM
I was talking about doing a brick with my hubby and he mentioned that he'd heard they could remove your brick at any time, for any reason and that there's nothing you can do about it. Does anyone know this to be true? I can understand if it somehow got past screening and was offensive or something but obviously, that wouldn't be the case for us. I see one of the things on the back of the application, under "Application Agreement", says that if they remove your brick before its 10 year anniversary, you are able to receive a refund of your "sponsorship" fee, but if it's after 10 years, no refund. It also says they can remove the walkway where your brick is without notifying you and the 10 year anniversary refund is in affect here too.

Has anyone had this happen with their brick or have the bricks been around long enough?

I would hope if you send them your money, the brick would be there at least 10 years!

cstephens
12-30-2004, 11:25 AM
I was talking about doing a brick with my hubby and he mentioned that he'd heard they could remove your brick at any time and that there's nothing you can do about it. Does anyone know this to be true? I see one of the things on the back of the application, under "Application Agreement", says that if they remove your brick before its 10 year anniversary, you are able to receive a refund of your "sponsorship" fee, but if it's after 10 years, no refund.

Has anyone had this happen with their brick or have the bricks been around long enough?

I would hope if you send them your money, it would be there at least 10 years!

I remember reading about the 10 year rule, but I don't remember reading that they could remove it and refund your money, but then I didn't read any of the paperwork. I would figure the stipulations are there in case they are really popular and they need the space and/or if they want to something other than bricks for the esplanade. With as much room as there still is for new bricks, I can't imagine why they'd remove any now. It's only been 5 years.

SoCalDude
12-30-2004, 12:01 PM
We also ordered the acrylic replica but I didn't even think to ask the cost, cuz frankly, it didn't matter. I would have gotten the replica no matter what.

The replica is $35 - BUT if you are a premium passholder you get 10% off of that.

We go the wood (or whatever it was lol) one. It will go better in our living room than a clear one would have.

I am glad these threads came up about these! I totally forgot about it :eek:

marktips
12-30-2004, 12:19 PM
I was talking about doing a brick with my hubby and he mentioned that he'd heard they could remove your brick at any time, for any reason and that there's nothing you can do about it. Does anyone know this to be true? I can understand if it somehow got past screening and was offensive or something but obviously, that wouldn't be the case for us. I see one of the things on the back of the application, under "Application Agreement", says that if they remove your brick before its 10 year anniversary, you are able to receive a refund of your "sponsorship" fee, but if it's after 10 years, no refund. It also says they can remove the walkway where your brick is without notifying you and the 10 year anniversary refund is in affect here too.

I would hope if you send them your money, the brick would be there at least 10 years!

WDW's Walk Around the World has been there long enough, and with any luck, Leave a Legacy will reach that 10 year mark sooner than later.

At WDW, they have removed bricks, they have replaced bricks, they have shifted pathways, they have removed pathways, and they have removed or replaced LaL tiles too.

Usually, when the brick breaks - thats the end of it. Hope yours doesn't suffer that fate. Essentially like all "tiled" surfaces at Disney, once one cracks, it gets replaced. I've not heard of anyone getting their refund, but then again how many people really check on the status of their bricks? Several at WDW have had their incriptions completely worn off due to heavey foot traffic. Also, LaL tiles are replaced periodicly when they finally fade.

As for removing a pathway or something - it happens as stated before. All the new turnstiles and bag checks had to go somewhere... And, with LaL we can only hope they decide to re-do Epcot entrance plaza and do away with the graveyard for its upcoming anniversary.

KarenW2
12-30-2004, 05:20 PM
I called tonite and ordered a Walk of Magical Memories paving stone for the two of us. Line 1 - our two first names, Line 2 - our last name and wedding date, Line 3 - our city and Ca. abbreviation. We got the stone and the wooden replica for $131.50, thanks to our PAP.

I guess Delivears is getting a lot of calls on these, now that it's the deadline for the AP discount. I called at 5:04, the recording said their usual hours were until 5 pm PST, but if it was a call for the WOMM press 1, for exchanges press 2. After about 30 minutes of being on hold, I finally got to talk to a human!!

My hubby and I were both surprised that they didn't do the orders for these online, since it would've been easier to just type in the info, rather than spell all the words out, then have the guy repeat it all back to you.

Tinkerbelle923
12-30-2004, 05:31 PM
How much is a brick with out the AP discount?
and (sorry if asked already) when is the ordering deadline (again with out an AP)

I would love to surprise my husband with a brick and show him when we go in July.

Tinkerbelle923
12-30-2004, 05:33 PM
Never mind I just reread the posts and saw # 3 sorry

Earkid
12-30-2004, 05:36 PM
My hubby and I were both surprised that they didn't do the orders for these online, since it would've been easier to just type in the info, rather than spell all the words out, then have the guy repeat it all back to you.

I think the reason you have to talk to a live person is because you can't just put anything on your brick. It has to be "approved", and the powers that be really only want names, dates and locations.