PDA

View Full Version : How far to Dland from LAX...

baileykat
12-10-2001, 11:30 AM
Okay...it's been a LOOOONNNNGGG time since I was at LAX....we are arriving Sat am...how far is it from LAX to Dland...and any tips for getting out of there fast...we are coming in on Southwest and renting from Alamo...The quicker I can get out of their...the more time I can spend at the park!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

innerSpaceman
12-10-2001, 11:35 AM
30 minutes no traffic - 45 with traffic.

Get directions from your rent-a-car company to the 105 Fwy. It's very near the airport and I'm not sure if the best way is to take Century Blvd. from the airport to the 405 Fwy and then 1 exit south to the 105, or if you should take Sepulveda Blvd. south from the airport to Imperial and then get directly onto the 105 from the Imperial entrance.

Either way, take the 105 Fwy east to the 710 Fwy south (toward Long Beach). In less than 2 miles, take the 91 Fwy east (toward Riverside). Stay on that till the 5 Fwy south (toward Santa Ana).
Keep an eye out for the Disneyland Drive / Ball Road exit in about 4 miles. Follow signs to Theme Parks and that will take you directly into the lovely :mad: parking structure. From there it's just a long walk and a short tram ride to Disneyland.

Have Fun.

yeo_foxe
12-10-2001, 01:36 PM
I live in OC near Dland. Worked for nearly a year near LAX.....

If you take the 405 - 22 around 3:00 - 7:00 expect an 1 1/2 drive...

Follow InnerSpaceMan's Direction's it's less direct, but it'll probably get you there faster!

baileykat
12-10-2001, 02:06 PM
ok...we'll be driving on Saturday...leaving airport around noon...make any difference...

RideMax Mark
12-10-2001, 02:33 PM
One nice thing about the 405->22 route is you have a carpool lane all the way on the 405 until you get to the 22. Don't know about the route innerspaceman suggested, though.

Mark
---
Spend less time in line with RideMax for Disneyland! (http://www.ridemax.com)

coronamouseman
12-10-2001, 03:08 PM
Another option:

Call an Orange County-based airport shuttle company (my favorite is Southern California Coach) - they will meet you at the terminal baggage claim, load your luggage and then wisk you off posthaste to your hotel. This will be around $75 bucks.

Then call Enterprise rent-a-car and have them deliver (yes, they will do that at no extra charge) your rental car to your hotel when you first need it (may not be for a few days if you are staying at DLR).

When returning to the airport, you can either drop off the car at the airport at Enterprise's lot, you can drop it off at one of their Orange County locations (in some of the larger hotels) or you can return to the airport via a shuttle (Org Cty Coach or other) from your hotel.

Trust me, at LAX, the less you have to mess around with the offsite rental car stuff and the driving around there the better .....

innerSpaceman
12-10-2001, 03:23 PM
Trust me, I live right near LAX and have been driving to Disneyland for 25 years. The 405 to 22 used to be the way to go before they built the 91 Fwy (but that way requires a drive of several miles on Harbor Blvd.) - drive time 1 hour. The 405 to 91 used to be the way to go before they built the 105 Fwy - drive time 45 mintes. Now that they have built the 105 freeway, the drivetime is down to an incredible half an hour. Even at noon on Saturday, it should not take you longer than 40 minutes to drive. It will take you longer than that to catch your rent-a-car shuttle at the airport to your rent-a-car location and finally get to your rented car.

The tried and true, fastest route from LAX to Disneyland is, in fact, 105 East to 710 South to 91 East to 5 South. Can't be beat.

MammaSilva
12-10-2001, 04:04 PM
using the shuttle is a LOT less stressful than renting a car at LAX that's for sure :)

Not Afraid
12-10-2001, 04:34 PM
Once you get on the 91 it is carpool all the way to DL's front door (or at least the Parking Lot)

The transition to the 5 from the 91 has a carpool lane and DL Drive has a carpool lane exit. We do this every week (but start at the 710). Its the best and easiest route from just South of LAX. It should take you about 30-35 mins at Noon.

Morrigoon
12-10-2001, 06:13 PM
I like the suggestion of renting your car at or around the resort. Super Shuttle will take you from LAX to the Disneyland Hotel for $14 (less $ than the big DL bus even!)

If that is not an option for you (I assume you already have your car reserved), then the EASIEST way is to take 405 south to the 91 east. The QUICKEST way was mentioned above (105- blah blah blah). I personally have never used the *quickest* way, as it's a bit confusing for someone who's never done it before. But if you're afraid of being lost, the easiest is the 91.

RideMax Mark
12-10-2001, 07:01 PM
One more tip is to apply for a free QuickSilver card at Alamo's web site. This could save you a LOT of time getting your car -- you just put your card in the QuickSilver kiosk, and it spits out your contract and parking space number. No human intervention needed!

IIRC, the system accepts your credit card the first time you use the kiosk, so you don't actually have to have your QuickSilver card in hand the first time you use the service (which is good, since it's too late for you to receive one via the mail in time for your Saturday visit).

Have a great trip!

Mark
---
Spend less time in line with RideMax for Disneyland! (http://www.ridemax.com)

stinkerbell
12-10-2001, 11:59 PM
I like to be at the park within 75 minutes of landing at LAX, so our last two trips we did the SuperShuttle. 45 minute ride, 30 minutes to check in, freshen up, walk to the DL gates and Boom! Instant happiness!:D Good luck! We've also rented cars at LAX and it is time consuming!

baileykat
12-11-2001, 04:17 AM
Thanks everyone...It's like having your own personal travel agent this board....I thought about using a shuttle to DLand...but there are 4 of us..at $10-$14 dollars a pop...that's almost more than my rental car...but I admit it would probably be easier...but hey..I always love an adventure...just glad that I didn't use our original flight plan...we would land at like 4:00 ...ON A FRIDAY....can you say NEVER get to the park....but hey...thanks guys...

KarenW2
12-11-2001, 08:35 AM
Obviously this won't help you for this time, but next time, you might want to try landing at John Wayne Airport in Orange County. :D Much less crowded, easier to get in & out and much closer to DL!! You might even be able to get a free shuttle to your hotel, if it's close enough & save lots of time and trouble!

Dlandmom
12-11-2001, 08:51 AM
Hi, baileykat! If you're landing around 4, picking up your bags around 4:30, picking up your car around 5...on a FRIDAY...then I suggest you may want to grab some dinner in or around the airport and wait until about 7 to hit the road...even then, you'll experience traffic, but nothing like 5 o'clock Friday traffic!