PDA

View Full Version : Questions about the Anaheim Coast hotel near the park

Terri
12-30-2004, 08:29 AM
Anyone know anything about this hotel? It looks nice and is near the convention center so is in walking distance...
I'm looking for anyone who may have stayed here with kids...my son is 10 and thinks the pool is "cool" and wants to hang out one day by the pool on a 6-day vacation to D-land.
Thanks!
:p

Darkbeer
12-30-2004, 08:53 AM
http://www.mouseplanet.com/cgi/reviews/do/display.cgi?product-sku=dlrwestcoastanaheimhotel

Terri
12-30-2004, 09:01 AM
the hotel is called: Coast Anaheim Hotel and is located at 1855 South Harbor Boulevard Anaheim, California 92802
oh wait...that is the Westcoast hotel...duh! same address, I feel kinda silly...
Thanks darkbeer!

jrad32
12-30-2004, 09:27 AM
I've stayed here on my last two trips to DL and I give it a thumbs up. I'd say it is walking distance, but it is a bit farther than some of the closer spots.

It is an older hotel, but it is very clean and the pool area is very nice. It has a large pool with an outdoor bar/snack shack. Also there is a nice, good-sized gift shop, a coffee shop (didn't try it but seemed about Denny's quality) and a small 7-11-type convenience store. Also they have happy hour in the hotel bar by the front desk.

Another cool thing is that you can see the fireworks from the higher floors facing DL. If you are on the pool side a trick you can do is go up to the top floor where the weight room is. There is a window there that faces DL.

The best thing about this hotel though are the rates. I've always been able to get good deals in the $50-$80 range. Parking is a few bucks extra.