PDA

View Full Version : 50th TV Ads

Disney Vault
12-29-2004, 07:57 PM
Go to Disneyland.com for a 50th anniversary commercial. Click on Sneek Peek on the right side. I liked it a lot and had goosebumps the whole time I was watching it.

AaronInCal
12-29-2004, 08:55 PM
Very cool commercial! We may be seeing that during the Rose Parade, perhaps? Can't wait to see what else they will be coming out with..

Uncle Remus
12-29-2004, 09:57 PM
they sure did beef it up... i loved the transition from "a dream is a wish..." to crazy music and words and pictures going by really fast. new attractions: translation 1.5 used attractions. I wish they kept the whole commercial the same tone as the beginning of it, i think it would get more attention that way.

DisneyBob
12-29-2004, 10:49 PM
I was in the movie theater the other night in Torrance...
and I couldn't believe one of the previews...
Yes, the same "sneak peek" commerical that is on the Disneyland.com website was on the big screen as one of the previews.
Great commerical!

Tigertail777
12-30-2004, 12:44 AM
nice commercial... but the biggest celebration in our history? riiiiiight. :rolleyes:

Open 3 brand new never before conceived for any other park rides in a single day, and I might beleive it. :rolleyes:

Disneyfreak
12-30-2004, 01:34 AM
I was in the movie theater the other night in Torrance...
and I couldn't believe one of the previews...
Yes, the same "sneak peek" commerical that is on the Disneyland.com website was on the big screen as one of the previews.
Great commerical!

Were there claps in the audience? I would have done that.

GoldenEars
12-30-2004, 02:01 AM
It's probably more impressive on TV or a movie theater screen, but I didn't find it all that appealing in the 2x2 box I saw it in. I would have liked the ad to have had music that was more traditional or something more catchy. But over all, it was pretty good. And like I said, I'll enjoy it more when I see it on a bigger screen. :D

Terri
12-30-2004, 08:35 AM
Walt Disney has always been my hero - ever since I was a kid. The commercial is wonderful - it made me cry! Too bad we'll never see it in Alaska! :crying:

I Heart Disneyland!
12-30-2004, 08:38 AM
Were there claps in the audience? I would have done that.

That is so cute! I would have wanted to clap too! ha!

sediment
12-30-2004, 09:32 AM
I just watched the one with the dog and his girl-dog-friend. I was thinking, "Too bad the InnerSpace ride doesn't exist anymore."

disney jones
12-30-2004, 10:02 AM
i love the dog commercial!!! is that online anywhere?

I Heart Disneyland!
12-30-2004, 10:06 AM
."

Momentary derail....I LOVE your "small print" at the bottom of your threads, with the answers to most commonly asked questions. ha! Very funny. I just NOW saw it! I have a friend who is an actor, and he said that he gets asked the same questions over and over and over. "Was so-n-so nice", "Do you have so-n-so's phone number?" So, your FAQ made me laugh!

sediment
12-30-2004, 10:21 AM
i love the dog commercial!!! is that online anywhere?
If you're referring to the new one, I saw it online this morning at disney web site. There was a bunch of them on the right, in "under the spotlight." (I think that's what it was called.)

sediment
12-30-2004, 10:23 AM
Momentary derail....I LOVE your "small print" at the bottom of your threads, with the answers to most commonly asked questions. ha! Very funny. I just NOW saw it! I have a friend who is an actor, and he said that he gets asked the same questions over and over and over. "Was so-n-so nice", "Do you have so-n-so's phone number?" So, your FAQ made me laugh!
Well, that's what it's there for. There wasn't enough room for the questions, so people can just "Jeopardize!" (def: to determine the questions given the answers) them.

sediment
12-30-2004, 10:54 AM
Under "In the Spotlight," there's "Come Share the Dream." That's where I saw it.

cyberRoo
12-30-2004, 12:55 PM
From what I've heard, the 50th spot will air during the Rose Parade in the same slot on every station carrying the parade. So, even if you aren't in a major market for the parks, you should be able to see the spot if the parade is showing.

Of course, as with all things Disney, this is subject to change since I heard it.

Maus
12-30-2004, 08:18 PM
Okay, I may not be too bright but it took me 10 minutes to find this. Here's the link to make it easier:

Disneyland® Resort - Happiest Homecoming on Earth! (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/special/comeShareTheDream/popupDetail?name=50thSizzlePage)

Disney Vault
12-30-2004, 10:18 PM
How did you get the direct link?

Uncle Remus
12-30-2004, 10:35 PM
http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/special/comeShareTheDream/popupDetail?name=50thSizzlePage
i got that link by clicking on the link and then right clicking send link. and then when microsoft outlook popped up i copied and pasted.

marktips
12-30-2004, 10:46 PM
That's not the Rose Bowl commercial. The Rose Bowl one features CGI Disney character going to Disney - and advertising disneydestinations.com

Maus
12-31-2004, 01:19 PM
How did you get the direct link?
I use AOL and simply dragged and dropped the Favorite Place heart from that Web page into my MP post. Works like a charm!

englishdisneylandfan
12-31-2004, 01:24 PM
Just watched the commercial on the net, its great. The music they used is good, makes me wana make the trip from england next year.

englishdisneylandfan
01-03-2005, 07:45 AM
is the new disneyland commercial online? the one with all the animated characters going to disneyland for the 50th? ive been looking but maybe in the wrong places. Any ideas?

marktips
01-03-2005, 07:55 AM
is the new disneyland commercial online? the one with all the animated characters going to disneyland for the 50th? ive been looking but maybe in the wrong places. Any ideas?

disneydestinations.com or happiestcelebration.com