PDA

View Full Version : Aladdin & Snow White shows

Rae
12-29-2004, 06:13 PM
Do you need to book tickets for these shows or is it a line up style entry to the shows or fastpass ticket? Can yanyone help

Darkbeer
12-29-2004, 06:15 PM
Both shows are first come, first serve. There is no type of FastPass system for either show.

SCUBAbe
12-29-2004, 06:15 PM
Do you need to book tickets for these shows or is it a line up style entry to the shows or fastpass ticket? Can yanyone help

you just line up. I've heard for aladin it's best if you're on the balcony level..:)

rentayenta
12-29-2004, 07:27 PM
Aladdin is so good. Line up an hour before showtime and you'll be fine. Enjoy the show- the Genie is the best!

Darkbeer
12-29-2004, 08:01 PM
^Actually, unless it is peak, you can get a good seat with a 15 to 20 minute wait....

GoldenEars
12-30-2004, 02:18 AM
As much as I like the Aladdin show, I'm just as partial to Snow White too! Both are very different, but both are very good. I love the choreography, sets, up-beat tunes and humor of Aladdin...especially the Genie!

But the Snow White show is charming, cute and gentle. I wasn't too sure about it when it first opened up, but I have grown to really enjoy it now! I see it every Wednesday with my best friend. And I try to see Aladdin every Saturday, cuz it doesn't perform on Tues & Wed.

What I'm really hoping for is that Disney will put together a special stage show in honor of Disneyland's 50th! They did it for their 25th and 30th, called *Disneyland Is Your Land* on the Space Stage (now HISTA). And for the 35th, they had a special stage show called, *One Mans Dream* at the Fantasyland Theatre. For the 40th, they had a cute little stage show on the Tomorrowland Terrace Stage called, *Magic Kingdom Kabaret*. Oddly enough, they had nothing special for the 45th...but then again, that was a dud of an anniversary, in my opinion!

So, here's hoping Disney entertainment will come up with something pretty good for the 50th! But until then, Aladdin and Snow White will do just fine!!

Patrick :D

kbanmen
12-30-2004, 06:25 AM
both shows are great..but alladin is really spectacular..with all the things they do during the preformance..the genie is funny

Leap for Joy
12-30-2004, 08:13 AM
See Snow White before seeing Aladdin. Aladdin is a high energy show, and if you see Snow White after that it feels sort of disappointing even though it is great.

merlinjones
12-30-2004, 08:49 AM
Beware the Snow White show - - it is very condescending and changes the familiar personalities and thematic subtext of the Walt Disney version to accommodate a politically correct elitist "children's theatre" vision. A huge downgrade from the film as entertainment, unfortunately.

Nice set, though.

jrad32
12-30-2004, 09:31 AM
Haven't seen Snow, but you can walk right into Aladdin most times I've been there. There are a ton of seats.

The Aladdin show is Ok, kids who like Aladdin will like it.

Rae
12-30-2004, 11:02 AM
Thanks everyone, we will be there the 1st 2 weeks in March and I thought the shows would give the kids a chance to revive.

CoasterChickie
12-30-2004, 12:09 PM
If I were you I'd go see Aladdin twice and skip Snow White. My kids fell asleep during the show and had nightmares about animals doing creepy dances. Oh wait...that really happened in the show. The only part I really liked was when they dropped petals from the sky which signaled that the show was over.

Oh and here's a serious answer to your question. If you have a preferred seating coupon to one performance , but plan to do both shows, you may want to use it for Snow White since the line for that show seems to be more like a mob than a line. The preferred seats are in a pretty good location. The line at Aladdin is much more civilized and I like the location of a lot of the general seats more than the location of the preferred seats.

disney jones
12-30-2004, 12:23 PM
we enjoyed both shows, but Aladdin is definitely better for most people, except for the younger Princesses.

Earkid
12-30-2004, 04:18 PM
I agree with Coaster about the seating in Aladdin. I have watched the show from preferred seating and then from the balcony and also below the balcony in the first row. I actually preferred the area below the balcony because of how parts of the show are presented. I don't want to spoil anything so I won't say anymore.

Surfingstitch
12-30-2004, 04:29 PM
I walked into the Aladdin show after TOT on 12/04/04.

We had seats on the second level. I wanted the balcony seating, but that was not open until after we got seated for ten minutes.

I would definenately do Aladdin again.

We tried to do Snow White on 12/05/04. I sat on the benches in the middle. There was no real mob to speak of on that day. (Due to "inclament (sp) weather")

We got halfway thru the show and then it was cancelled due to a malfuntion. From what we saw, there was nothing great about the show.

Hope that helps you in your decision.

D-lander 1956
12-31-2004, 03:39 PM
Aladdin is a must see twice, once from the balcony and once from the orchestra seating to appreciate the special effects. You'll see what I mean after you see it. Also, every time I see Aladdin, the genie's jokes change depending on what is on the news or the latest celebrity gossip. :p

To me, Snow White is a disappointment and boring but I guess you should it see to know for yourself. :(

disneymania
01-01-2005, 07:21 AM
Skip Snow White. It bites. It's boring. And this comes from a 33 year old "princess". Aladdin was great. My husband got kinda bored though.

RStar
01-01-2005, 07:59 AM
Beware the Snow White show - - it is very condescending and changes the familiar personalities and thematic subtext of the Walt Disney version to accommodate a politically correct elitist "children's theatre" vision. A huge downgrade from the film as entertainment, unfortunately.

Nice set, though.

Yes, kind of like the line where Snow White yells at the Blue Bird to take a "Time OUT!". While it gets laughs, it does tend to jerk you out of the story and land you into reality for a moment. And the artsy animal costumes can be a bit creapy.

However, it is a huge improvement over past flops like Mickey's Detective School(ICK!), and I still found it enjoyable.

But to answer your original question, just get there early, and how early depends on the crowds. They use to give out tickets for the Alladin show, but I belive they stopped for now. It use to "sell out", but that is no longer the case now that so many have already seen it. In fact, they have cut a few show times and still don't sell out most of the time.

Have fun!

pisces
01-03-2005, 03:11 PM
Whew, I had a choice between Aladdin and Snow White. Yesterday, pretty much at the end of my trip.....and I was tired of all the walking and wanted to sit down for a bit.

I figured Aladdin was on the way back to my room at the GCH, so I chose that one. I sat in the balcony on a lark. It just seemed like the closest line.....if I had known it was balcony......I might have headed for Ohrchestra......but I knew nothing other than that was the closest line to get in. I was even a bit peeved to have to climb stairs.

But, am I ever glad I ended up there, considering the flying carpets etc.

I'd say choose Aladdin over Snow White, but that's coming from seeing only Aladdin.

disneyguy247
01-03-2005, 03:24 PM
aladdin rules, snow white drools!

BJW
01-03-2005, 11:41 PM
Aladdin is a must see! Snow White is okay but can be skipped. If you do see Snow White make sure you see it at night as the lighting and effects really add to the show, which you can't get in the daytime.

Wizard69
01-04-2005, 09:30 AM
Aladdin is better than Snow White (Although the cast sucks now compared to the original cast) To me, Snow White is basically a revamped copy of Aladdin as far as lines go (i.e. When SW says "Should I eat the apple?" it reminded me of Aladdin and I wanted to yell out "Rub the Lamp!" and I wasn't the only one who said that).

Ok enough ranting. I would skip Snow White and see Aladdin instead.