PDA

View Full Version : How far from HOJO to Disneyland Hotel?

Pages : [1] 2

jasonpbyu
12-29-2004, 06:45 AM
Just curious as next week we have a 9:30 time at Goofys kitchen. We'll have 2 strollers so a taxi isn't really an option (no carseats), should we take the ART system or is it a walk that can be made in somewhat reasonable time?

Earkid
12-29-2004, 06:58 AM
If you leave at 8:45 you can walk leisurely (esp. thru DTD) and get there 15 min. early to check in. I always like to be early for things, I hate rushing or being late.

Stupid_American
12-29-2004, 07:10 AM
http://homepage.mac.com/stupid_american/hojogoofy.jpg
It's probably 3/4 of a mile.
If security's okay, a half hour should be fine.

If you give yourself an hour, there's plenty to see and you'll have plenty of time for stragglers.

the mad hatter
12-29-2004, 07:21 AM
It's way too far. you can get closer...imo

jasonpbyu
12-29-2004, 07:33 AM
It's way too far. you can get closer...imo

getting closer isn't really an option, we booked through a travel agency and Hojo was their special promotion when we booked.

would the ART get us there?

Surfingstitch
12-29-2004, 07:37 AM
I would check the art system online.

D-lander 1956
12-29-2004, 07:42 AM
If you look at the map it is only the width of DL and then the DD walk to the hotel. In perperpective, with all the walking when in DL, it is really not that far. Plus it is a nice walk through DD. :D

Terri
12-29-2004, 07:46 AM
I did it with my sister (60), niece & her son (2) in a stroller, and my 10 yr old - we sailed through security and got there in plenty of time (we allowed ourselves 1 hour). It truly was a piece of cake. Don't bother with ART, it will probably take the same amount of time and you don't have the cool things to look at like in DTD. The walk also adds to the disney magic - the drive adds to the Anaheim stress.
Enjoy!

Stupid_American
12-29-2004, 07:47 AM
It will be the best walk of the day!

the mad hatter
12-29-2004, 07:48 AM
Plus it is a nice walk through DD.

You don't walk through DD from the HoJo

Stupid_American
12-29-2004, 07:50 AM
Downtown Disney (see photo)

stan4d_steph
12-29-2004, 07:51 AM
You don't walk through DD from the HoJoYou do if you're going to the Disneyland Hotel, which is where the OP is going.

Emma
12-29-2004, 07:56 AM
Is it really 3/4 of a mile? When I did it, it seemed much closer.... more like 3 or 4 blocks. It wasn't a bad walk at all. Really easy.

And Hojo is on the ART system.

I suppose it might be 3/4 of a mile to Goofy's Kitchen, but not to Disneyland itself.

Stupid_American
12-29-2004, 08:11 AM
From Ball to Katella is one mile.

HoJo is on the ART system.
Disneyland Hotel may be.
But, they would probably be on different routes, requiring a transfer at Disneyland.

Terri
12-29-2004, 08:15 AM

That's odd...I did the exact walk and had a great time in DD - to go any other way is, 1) a walk through Anaheim and 2) out of the way by at least a mile.

And yes...I know my way around Disneyland and Anaheim even though I currently live in Alaska...I grew up in Anaheim and worked the requisite amount of time at the park.

Christiii
12-29-2004, 08:30 AM
I love that photo!! it really does show that the Hojo is as close to the DL gates as the DL hotel...it would not be a bad walk at all in my opinion...I stay a the Hojo all the time with my 78 year old mom (ok, I admit, she is in GREAT shape)and we walk it with no problem...from the Hojo to the DL gates its about 8 minutes, and probably from the gates to the DL hotel as well...the Hojo to DL walk is REALLY quick and the downtown disney walk is really fun!!We used to only stay at the DL hotel, but after discovering the Hojo and the INCREDIBLE rates, it would have to be REALLY a good deal to go back to the DL hotel..dont get me wrong I really LOVE the DL hotel, but with Hojo SO nice and less 1/4 the price of the DL hotel, I can come much more often ( For instance Im comming twice in Jan, and once in Feb)...and stay longer without having to mortgage the house!!

the mad hatter
12-29-2004, 09:10 AM
My mistake. I didn't read that they were going to DL Hotel for a meal.

kisroo
12-29-2004, 09:25 AM
We did that same walk for our bfast at Goofy's. It took us about 20 minutes at a fairly clipped pace~but hubby and I are used to walking a busy little puppy so it was nothing new for us. :rolleyes: :)

Walking at a slower pace, I'd bet it would take about 1/2 hr tops. It does depend on the security check-point as well. We did it at about 7:00am and there were no CM at the check at that time~we walked right through. (No one else was crazy enough to be up that early, I guess.)

I wouldn't think you'd need to take ART, as it's a nice walk along past DL/DCA and through DD. Plus, I figured that it helped us "burn" off some of our breakfast! :eek: ;)

Have a wonderful breakfast and enjoy the Hojo! We certainly did.
~kisroo:)

got2travel
12-29-2004, 10:06 AM
Wouldn't ART only take you across Harbor and drop you off next to the checkpoint? You'd still have to walk through security, past the main gates and through DD? Or is there another ART route that would drop off near DLH?

The walk is fine. We stayed at HoJo and went to DLH for breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen. We left an hour before our PS, but only because my 9ry old son is so in to pin trading that I knew he would stop any time he saw someone with pins.

Darkbeer
12-29-2004, 10:42 AM
^Is correct, the Disney hotels do not offer any sort of tram system, and refused to be part of the ART system. So you could take an ART from HoJo's to basically where the sharp 90 degree turn is on the aerial map, that would save you about a 1/3 of the walk...

SCUBAbe
12-29-2004, 06:14 PM
The first walk of the first morining of the first day you're there is a breeze. It goes quick and it's fun. However, the walk back at night is never endign and for everyday I was there the more I dreaded that walk. We stay at the hotels right across the street now. On the plus side hojo's was the nicest hotel we stayed in on harbor..:)

Earkid
12-29-2004, 06:46 PM
People really do have different experiences for everything. DH and I enjoyed our late night walks back to the HOJO. We would be at the park from about 9am till closing and then leisurely walk back holding hands and talking about our day and then get all excited planning what we would do the next day. We are both 41 and are always amazed at how much energy we can generate in one day at Disneyland.

kisroo
12-29-2004, 06:58 PM
People really do have different experiences for everything. DH and I enjoyed our late night walks back to the HOJO. We would be at the park from about 9am till closing and then leisurely walk back holding hands and talking about our day and then get all excited planning what we would do the next day. We are both 41 and are always amazed at how much energy we can generate in one day at Disneyland.

Were we enjoying the same late night walks at the same time in Dec, Earkid???? Interesting. I wish I had known if you were~we coulda met!!!

We thought it was a shorter walk than, say the Candy Cane to DLH~which we've also done. But, like Earkid said, it depends on the person I guess. I didn't mind it at all.

SCUBAbe
12-29-2004, 07:03 PM

yeah, I think it's because I don't walk leisurely. I go all out all day. I hate walking slow. We also will do both parks in one day and hop back and forth. One day we walked about 30+ miles. We were at the parks from opening to almost closing and went back to the room once during the day. We had also walked around the hotels. So, I don't think the assumption of lack of energy is correct. I think it's because I walk quickly all day and cover alot of ground in a day. My parents on the other hand walk at what I consider a snails pace all day. They say I walk to fast, but geezz...I don't know how they can walk so slow.

Earkid
12-29-2004, 07:03 PM
Yes, Kisroo,

I believe we were there the same days. We had so many different things we were doing that required us to stay on a schedule. I didn't bring up a meet with anyone cuz I didn't want to disappoint.

I think we were in the BB the say day too but you were there a few hours before us. We were coming in the same time magicpointeshoe was leaving and we saw little Juliet.

We are heading back in Feb but not sure of the dates yet. This will be a more casual trip (probably since everything will be under tarps LOL). But we go about 4-5 times a year. I'd love to meet you and "Ed Harris" sometime!!