PDA

View Full Version : ..Disneyland During New Years..

Mass Nerder
12-10-2001, 08:39 AM
Okay. I've never been during New Year. Always wanted to go. Yes, I know it's incredibly busy. This year I've decided to do it. (Heck, it's better than spending it at home or at some crowded and stinky bar!) So, how many people have been there for New Years eve, and how was it? I will be there on the 30th and the 31st. What should I expect?

mad4mky
12-10-2001, 08:51 AM
Went there many years ago for their New Years Bash. Had a great time (got engaged)...and have lots of wonderful memories. Sure, its crowded...don't count on going on lots of rides until lots of the "kiddies" go home. But its fun.
I'd recommend it to anyone to see at least once.

donkthemagicllama
12-10-2001, 10:46 AM
I was there New Year's day (either '99 or '98, don't remember), and it was surprisingly uncrowded. Must be a lot of hung-over people or football fans. :)

FriendOfDaisy
12-10-2001, 11:36 AM
I was there New Year's Eve in 1993, and other than a larger number of people staying for the fireworks (which, naturally, were delayed until midnight), I don't remember anything particularly out of the ordinary.

Oh! Except that was just before Roger Rabbit's Car-Toon Spin opened, and we were treated to a special sneek-peek ride while they clocked the line to figure out where to put the "45 minutes from this spot" signs. That was pretty rad.

David