PDA

View Full Version : Buzz Lightyear Ride?

The old man
12-28-2004, 10:43 AM
I watched the 2 hour infomercial that was the annual Disney World parade on Christmas Day. "And he's got a new CD just out", "watch her movie", "starring in a new TV series", etc. etc. etc. Anyway they gave a preview of the DL 50th and they showed a quick shot of the BL ride (I believe there's one in Florida). Did my eyes deceive me or is this another dayglo Pooh ride? It did not look very impressive to me.

David

figmentspark
12-28-2004, 10:56 AM
I rode the one at Walt Disney World and it's better than Pooh. It's kinda like a game. The riders have little laser gun thingies (and my wording is oh so technical :) ) that they aim at targets and get points for. At the end there's a board that rates you according to your points. It's really kind of addicting.

marktips
12-28-2004, 10:56 AM
I watched the 2 hour infomercial that was the annual Disney World parade on Christmas Day. "And he's got a new CD just out", "watch her movie", "starring in a new TV series", etc. etc. etc. Anyway they gave a preview of the DL 50th and they showed a quick shot of the BL ride (I believe there's one in Florida). Did my eyes deceive me or is this another dayglo Pooh ride? It did not look very impressive to me.

David

It's a lot of fun and a favorite at the MK park. It's pretty much entirely in blacklight, has some cool lighting and lazer effects, and the sets around you react when you shoot them, which is nice. Essentially it's a giant shooting gallery you move slowly through and if you're wanting a cheap thrill you can control the direction your vehicle is facing - so you can jsuit spin in circles and make yourself very dizzy before the end of the ride.

So, interesting stuff to look at, interactivity, games/score components, and the ability to spin around in circles until you're dizzy.

Sounds like fun to me :)

The old man
12-28-2004, 11:03 AM
So, interesting stuff to look at, interactivity, games/score components, and the ability to spin around in circles until you're dizzy.

Sounds like fun to me :)

Sound better than Pooh to me now.
David

ModHatter
12-28-2004, 12:51 PM
And if the rumors are true, our Buzz is better than the MK version too. Of course, I'll be happy just to get an equivalent version. If nothing else, it'll be another good excuse to de-Buzz Tomorrowland Terrace.

bassett1976
12-28-2004, 12:55 PM
We just got back from WDW and rode Buzz at least 3 times, maybe four. This ride was so much fun. YOu go on it again and again to try and beat your score. I'm still trying to figure out all of the details to help get a better score though. I can't wait to get to ride the new DL version!

nursemelis374
12-28-2004, 12:57 PM
I think that the Buzz Lightyear ride is going to be a great addition to DL, but I can understand how it is kind of like the Pooh ride. There are a lot of just flat painted things to shoot at, kind of like how the Pooh ride would be if you added guns. The BL ride especially looks bad in comparison to the Men in Black ride at USF. Now that ride is awesome!

vangrizz
12-28-2004, 01:03 PM
kind of like how the Pooh ride would be if you added guns

Heh heh heh...am I the only one who is LOL at the thought of that?

OK..maybe it's just me.

Disneyfreak
12-28-2004, 01:34 PM
We are actually getting the Tokyo version of Buzz Lightyear. Ours will be very nice from what I hear. Matt got the extra budget to make it exactly if not better then theirs. It will be the same except for the fact the people on the ride are playing against people on their computers at home. There will be web cameras on the ride and people at home can play against people on the ride for a score. Sounds like fun but I am against buzz lightyear and all that blacklight. I mean, cant they give us a quality attraction with some taste? Seems like WDW gets the great new rides like expedition everest and we get squat.

the mad hatter
12-28-2004, 01:43 PM

That would be pretty funny.

tstan70
12-28-2004, 01:48 PM

OK..maybe it's just me.

It could work... Pooh does have a cork gun when he hears the mysterious noise that ends up being Tigger... :fez:

nursemelis374
12-28-2004, 01:58 PM
I think that it would be cool if they let us dress like the Country Bears and shoot at the Pooh characters for ruining what was otherwise a great area!

Disneyfreak
12-28-2004, 01:59 PM
I think that it would be cool if they let us dress like the Country Bears and shoot at the Pooh characters for ruining what was otherwise a great area!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :fez: :fez: :fez: :fez: :fez: :fez:
I wish, poor country bears. :crying:

the mad hatter
12-28-2004, 02:04 PM

That would be bear on bear crime....we can't have that.

Uncle Remus
12-28-2004, 02:58 PM
I mean, cant they give us a quality attraction with some taste? Seems like WDW gets the great new rides like expedition everest and we get squat. Ya but Disney World also just got Stich's great escape...

Also alittle off topic but is CM Matt the president of DCA too? If so why doesn't he just add some more money into the Monsters INC. ride? The only reason i can see is that he is just worrying about Disneyland for the moment because its the only park with potential.

CrystalSkull
12-28-2004, 03:02 PM
It's not so easy. Matt is already pinching every penny just to clean up the resort and return to Disneyland to its former glory before the 50th. The budget for 2005 has already been allocated and unfortunately there wasn't much in the way of new attractions, as large amounts of money have already been thrown at the Buzz Lightyear and Space Mountain projects just to get them back on schedule and possibly opening before anticipated.

We shall see what kind of president Matt is for the Resort in the coming years.