PDA

View Full Version : Trip report from Dec. 22-24

CoasterChickie
12-28-2004, 10:40 AM
(As per the request of some of you padders, here's my report....)

We arrived at the PPH at exactly 9pm on the the 22nd. There were carolers in the lobby and all the Christmas decorations were done with accents of blue. It was very festive! We checked into our room on the 4th floor and were happy to discover that we had a resort view even though we booked through Expedia. Then we went up to the pool deck to watch the fireworks.
It was windy and cold , but the view was great and they piped in the music.

From 9-10:30 we tried to make contact with rentayenta, but they kept telling us at the DLH that she had made a reservation, but cancelled it and wasn't there. So we decided that there really are psychos at the Disney website and that she was one of them who had pulled off a very convincing story!!! Just kidding!!! :D The thought did cross our mind for a split second, but we knew it must be some kind of mix-up. So my twins and I walked over to the DLH and went up to the room she told us she had requested. We thought about singing Christmas carols outside her door, but decided to just knock just in case that wasn't actually her room . No one answered so at that point we went into DTD. The mariachi band was playing Christmas tunes...I just love them and could have stayed there the rest of the night. But I told the girls to go ahead and go into DL.

I went back to the PPH , finally found rentayenta's cell phone number and left a message, then my hubby and I went into DL for an hour. We rode in the very front of the Monorail for the first time ever. DL looked absolutely gorgeous all decked out for the holidays, especialy IASW and the giant tree on Main St. We went on the Matterhorn and noticed right away how new and fresh everything looked and the sleds moved very quickly. Next we went on IASW. At first it didn't seem that different other than the music, but as the ride went on it got better and better. I especially loved the Mexican room that had the giant poinsettias and all the green and gold glitter. After that we went over to Dumbo and got on right away. It's cute how they hand you the feathers before the ride. Now some of you know my hubby is very afraid of elephants, but I held his hand and he did fine. His lip only quivered a little! :p After that we went on Mr. Toad's Wid Ride. Even at 11:45 at night there was still a line. That was the first and last time for us on that ride. It's just too weird! The part where you go through hell was really strange. The only part we liked was where the car whips around and sends sparks flying. We took our time walking out of DL since Main Street since they stayed open till 1 am. On the way out my hubby bought a Santa Stitch hat and I bought the pink Princess snow hat (Thanks Disneypersn) Our kids laughed at us when we got back to the hotel.

The next morning, the 23rd, we ate our usual breakfast at the Whitewater Cafe. Then we walked into DL I forgot to mention that the castle looked absolutely gorgeous both at night and by day. We took some pictures , then went straight to the HM since my younger two had not seen it yet. We just love that ride!! It makes us grin every single time!!! Afterward we got fast passes for Splash Mountain then headed out of the park. We went over to the area in front of DCA and some very official looking CM's stopped us and insisted that we look at their pins. They were convinced that they knew us. While we were talking to them, I noticed a lady who looked like Elaine from Seinfeld jumping up and down with a sign that had my name on it. Then she ran over and gave me a big hug! Yes, it was rentayenta at last.

I can't say anymore for now, because I don't want to give away any details she hasn't reported.... :)

Surfingstitch
12-28-2004, 10:43 AM
Please, oh please, can we have some more to read?!?

I love the part at the end about the sign.

Hakuna Makarla
12-28-2004, 12:15 PM
ok, so she looks like elaine( she is so cute! And I love Seinfeild)) what else girl, I am tapping my foot, and I have to go potty! so hurry up!! I want to know details please!

So we decided that there really are psychos at the Disney website and that she was one of them who had pulled off a very convincing story!!! Just kidding!!! :D The thought did cross our mind for a split second, but we knew it must be some kind of mix-up

Ha ha ha hah this was so funny! you crack me up!

SallySkellington
12-28-2004, 12:16 PM
We took some pictures , then went straight to the HM since my younger two had not seen it yet. We just love that ride!! It makes us grin every single time!!!

Isn't it the best? They need a second Mansion so they can keep the overlay on one of them year round. :)

CoasterChickie
12-28-2004, 08:00 PM
Isn't it the best? They need a second Mansion so they can keep the overlay on one of them year round. :)

I agree. I am going to be really sad the next time I go to DL and it's gone. :crying:

Okay, since rentayenta hasn't gotten to "our day " yet, here is a little more info from me. After all 11 of us from both families got introduced, a very nice CM took a picture of us. Then we headed over to TOT and got fast passes. Then we went over to Soarin" and waited in line for a little while. We got the front row on the right side and I got to sit next to her daughter Chloe who is just adorable. Tiffany and Gabby both took off their shoes because they were afraid they'd fall off. I love riding with newbies on Soarin' because it's really fun to see their reaction to the various surprises! Then we went on TOT. I was very impressed that Gabby went on without any hesitence, although she looks absolutely terrifed in the photo and was clinging to Kyle for life!! But she went right back on a second time with her dad. After that we were all hungry so we went to Taste Pilot's Grill for lunch. I love their food. Then when we were standing in front of the restaurant waiting for people to use the restroom Kyle was horsing around and just about bumped into........Cindy Crawford! He had no idea who she was, but all of us grown-ups did. In fact, I think Michael, ry's husband, wanted to follow her after that ! (he hee) But we went on the Grizzly instead!! Only half of us were brave enough, or should I say foolish enough , to do so! It was a blast , but we were freezing cold afterward. Gabby got saoaked the most so she and her dad went back to the hotel to change while the rest of us got our fleeces out of the lockers, bought caramel apples, and went on the jumping jellies and non-moving cars of the ferris wheel. Then our twins took Chloe and Joshua on the carousel so that Micheal and ry could finally go on a ride together with us....California Screamin'! Then C and B took their turn on it.

We all went back to our rooms at that point and took a rest before dinner.

Whew, I'm tired just from reporting all this. Think I'll take a break for now!