PDA

View Full Version : Someone hit by a float tonight [12/27/04] at the park.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Disneyfreak
12-27-2004, 07:55 PM
I just heard this on channel 9 that someone got hit by one of the floats in the Electrical Parade. They were rushed to the hospital.

rentayenta
12-27-2004, 07:59 PM
OMGosh- that's terrible. Who was at fault?

sunnyca
12-27-2004, 07:59 PM
I saw the same report...and they were showing mainstreet rather than DCA. DL looked like it normally does and the reporters couldn't understand why.

Disneyfreak
12-27-2004, 08:02 PM
I saw the same report...and they were showing mainstreet rather than DCA. DL looked like it normally does and the reporters couldn't understand why.

Yeah I found that really pathetic.

AVP
12-27-2004, 08:08 PM
The accident happened at 8:20 PM in front of "it's a small world" in Disneyland. Three guests were hit by a float from the Christmas Fantasy Parade. Paramedics responded, causing the temporary closure of the Disneyland Railroad. We have no further information at this time.

AVP

Disneyfreak
12-27-2004, 08:10 PM
The accident happened at 8:20 PM in front of "it's a small world" in Disneyland. Three guests were hit by a float from the Christmas Fantasy Parade. Paramedics responded, causing the temporary closure of the Disneyland Railroad. We have no further information at this time.

AVP

Wow channel 9 was way off then lol. They said it was the electrical parade.

Darkbeer
12-27-2004, 08:15 PM
A user over at FabsBoards.com is claiming that KCAL 9 has a breaking news story that a parade float ran into several guests, and caused injuries...

http://www.fabsboards.com/showthread.php?p=52843&posted=1#post52843

I Heart Disneyland!
12-27-2004, 08:19 PM
Yikes! This can't be good. :( I will look forward to some ACCURATE reports from our MP leaders. The news tends to blow things up, and distort them.

MickeyLumbo
12-27-2004, 08:23 PM
the helicopter pilot was clearly wrong when he said "Electrical Parade" as DCA closed tonight at 6:00pm and there was no EP perfromance tonight. also, he said that several people were hurt, but, could not locate them on Main Street.

Clearly, his information was inacurate. they have not yet updated the story.

FantasmicFanatic
12-27-2004, 08:27 PM
Actually DCA was open until 9 tonight and there was an 8:45 Electrical Parade. Yet someone being hit at 8:20 by a float from a parade that doesn't start until 8:45 would be impossible :-)

FF

Darkbeer
12-27-2004, 08:28 PM
the helicopter pilot was clearly wrong when he said "Electrical Parade" as DCA closed tonight at 6:00pm and there was no EP perfromance tonight. also, he said that several people were hurt, but, could not locate them on Main Street.

Clearly, his information was inacurate. they have not yet updated the story.The helicopter pilot was wrong, BUT DCA was open to 9 PM and a DEP was scheduled for 8:45 PM, this is Holiday Peak season, and daily DEP's are being offered from December 19th thru January 2nd....

AVP
12-27-2004, 08:28 PM
the helicopter pilot was clearly wrong when he said "Electrical Parade" as DCA closed tonight at 6:00pm and there was no EP perfromance tonight.DCA closed at 9, and there was an 8:45 Electrical Parade.

But they were still wrong. :p

AVP

AVP
12-27-2004, 08:48 PM
Disneyland Railroad reopened about 20 minutes ago. Disneyland's spokesperson is probably at home sleeping through this, so we'll have more tomorrow. Have a good night, everyone.

AVP

calguy77
12-27-2004, 08:49 PM
Actually DCA was open until 9 tonight and there was an 8:45 Electrical Parade. Yet someone being hit at 8:20 by a float from a parade that doesn't start until 8:45 would be impossible :-)

FF

I love how everyone has to prove each other wrong on this board

FantasmicFanatic
12-27-2004, 08:51 PM
no, we just want the correct information to be conveyed

Disney Vault
12-27-2004, 09:06 PM
Does anyone know what float? Those things move so slow how could it hurt anyone?

SCUBAbe
12-27-2004, 09:14 PM
Does anyone know what float? Those things move so slow how could it hurt anyone?

well, they do weigh alot and anyone who gets the slightest bit hurt at DL will go all out for the lawsuit. However, since those flaots are heavy they could injure someone easily. Especially a small child.....I just wonder how anyone got in front of the float. they rope off the parade route and have people making sure guests don't get on the parade route. I suppose in time we will have the answers.

marktips
12-27-2004, 09:17 PM

They're big and heavey. Physics was never a subject of interest for me, but something about mass and inertia - in short, they don't stop quickly.

A float from WDW's Share a Dream Come True parade killed a costumed preformer (in the last year i think) as it was about to go through the gate and onstage.

Parade floats are essentially very large pieces of moving machinery, think like construction equipment.

Disney Vault
12-27-2004, 09:20 PM
Do you think some people got in the way or a float ran into the crowd?

The only two floats that I would think of that would run into the crowd would be the chip and dale one or the aladdin one because those ones drive more crazy and are driven by the characters you see.

MickeyLumbo
12-27-2004, 09:23 PM
DCA closed at 9, and there was an 8:45 Electrical Parade.

But they were still wrong. :p

AVP

my error here. i was basing the 6:00pm DCA closure published in the Cast Member Reference Guide December 24-30, 2004.

my apologies for the inaccurate information. and my prayers to those hurt and also to the float driver.

figmentspark
12-27-2004, 09:25 PM
Do you think some people got in the way or a float ran into the crowd?

I doubt that a float ran into the crowd b/c AVP says only 3 people were hit. The crowds for any Disneyland Parade are so packed that if the float ran into the crowd more than 3 people would have been hit. That's my guess but more info will probably come tomorrow.

SCUBAbe
12-27-2004, 09:27 PM
I doubt that a float ran into the crowd b/c AVP says only 3 people were hit. The crowds for any Disneyland Parade are so packed that if the float ran into the crowd more than 3 people would have been hit. That's my guess but more info will probably come tomorrow.

I'm speculating that perhaps a few people were fed up with fighting the crowds and attempted to walk across the parade route. I've seen that happen a few times.

marktips
12-27-2004, 09:31 PM
But how do 3 people get hit by 1 float? Are there any segmented floats in the parade? Or smaller free roaming floats?

Then again, they're kinda like trains - they move faster than they appear to.

Disney Vault
12-27-2004, 09:33 PM
The chip and dale one as well as the aladdin one are free roaming

Sheila
12-27-2004, 09:34 PM
my apologies for the inaccurate information. and my prayers to those hurt and also to the float driver.

Oh gosh, with the massive crowds this week, it's a wonder any of us are right. :(

I'm assuming that if we haven't heard much more, the injuries weren't of the critical condition type. :crossing fingers:

It's actually amazing more of these accidents don't happen, as I see people illegally scooting across the parade route all the time. But tomorrow will give more information as to the particulars of this situation.

Sheila