PDA

View Full Version : The Cheap Seats (How/When/Where to purchase Annual Pass)

ZippyTheFish
12-27-2004, 04:08 PM
Hello! I... am a newb... don't hate me... :)
My family and I are signing up for our first annual passes this year. SO EXCITED!!! We live in San Diego, and have a trip planned for Jan 2 thru 5. We're getting the minimum annual pass, and wanted to know if there are any issues with purchasing the annual pass at the main gate on the second or third (The second is blacked out, but other than that ;) ). I think it's a little too close to our trip to order online... Would be aweful to be stuck in Aneheim, waiting on passes in the mail! Any insiders know the best way to pursue making sure we get the most out of our time?

Thanks!

ZippyTheFish

"Well, I'm back." Samwise

sediment
12-27-2004, 04:12 PM
Buy two-day parkhoppers, and sometime during your stay or during a park-hop, convert them to APs at a short-queued booth.

Someone will have better details in the next few days. Mousesavers might have instructions as well.

VickiC
12-27-2004, 04:14 PM
I'd get two day park hoppers the first day, that way you have no black out days. Then go back on your last day mid-day when it's not busy to upgrade to AP's..

ZippyTheFish
12-27-2004, 04:21 PM
Won't there be an extra cost associated with upgrading? So if we get the parkhopper then we could go on Sunday as well?

cstephens
12-27-2004, 04:29 PM
Won't there be an extra cost associated with upgrading? So if we get the parkhopper then we could go on Sunday as well?

Nope, no extra cost. You just need to pay the difference between the park hopper and the AP, but make sure your park hopper costs less than the AP you want, because you can only upgrade. And yes, you'd be able to go on Sunday on a park hopper.

sdwrdt
12-30-2004, 04:05 AM
I'm assuming that I can NOT buy an AP that's good at both Land & World? Will be at both within a week of each other. :confused:

cstephens
12-30-2004, 07:30 AM
I'm assuming that I can NOT buy an AP that's good at both Land & World?

Correct.