PDA

View Full Version : CD Compilation, or myth?

ppmuse
12-27-2004, 02:21 PM
Hey Guys,

Just ran a search to see if this topic has been covered, if it has, please lead me the right direction. I had heard a rumor that there was going to be a CD compilation of ride soundtracks that disney was going to release with the 50th anniversary. All I can find any information on now is the bootleg information. Does anybody know if this compilation will come to Disneyland stores during the 50th? Thanks.

AVP
12-27-2004, 02:23 PM
Tim O'Day and Randy Thornton have both said that there will be a multi-disc compilation released for Disneyland's 50th, but neither will confirm how many discs there are, or what is on them.

AVP

Disneynerd
12-28-2004, 11:23 AM
A 50th cd would be wonderful! I listen to Visons Fantastic on Live365.com a lot and many tracks are reported to have come from an album called "50 Years of Imagineering". I'm not sure what this means, but it could be an indication that a compilation of some sort exists.

TikiGeek
12-28-2004, 11:47 AM
E-Ticket radio on www.live365.com (http://www.live365.com) has been playing 50th demo music off and on. The demo music for the firework show was just incredible although it was only about a 1:30 min. "snipit" - I would love to know how they got that.

AlxVision360
12-28-2004, 12:43 PM
It was reported right here on MousePlanet back in May that Randy Thornton will produce a 6-CD boxed anniversary set: http://www.mouseplanet.com/parkupdates/dlr/dlr040518.htm

He has personally confirmed this on another forum. Apparently, one of the big challenges is getting permissions from the copyright holders for some of the music used in the attractions. Lets hope they can get everything squared away. I can hardly wait till next May for it to come out!

Chris Lang
12-28-2004, 04:10 PM
A 50th cd would be wonderful! I listen to Visons Fantastic on Live365.com a lot and many tracks are reported to have come from an album called "50 Years of Imagineering". I'm not sure what this means, but it could be an indication that a compilation of some sort exists.

The materials on VisionsFantastic Radio are completely unofficial releases and are in no way associated with the compilation that is currently in development by Randy Thornton.

TikiGeek
12-28-2004, 08:56 PM
The materials on VisionsFantastic Radio are completely unofficial releases and are in no way associated with the compilation that is currently in development by Randy Thornton.
Thanks for your great station! :) It's a real treat for Disneyland fans.

BTW - We too wish you Happy Holidays and a Merry Christmas.