PDA

View Full Version : Simply Magical! (Trip report)

tink1234
12-27-2004, 02:18 PM
We just arrived home from a week and a half long vacation to CA. After seeing Hearst Castle, the Elephant Seals and the Madonna Inn we made our way to Disney....

We arrive just as the parking structure opened, but forgetting our cash :eek: we had to turn around to find the nearest ATM. So we had to skip our first couple of RideMax rides, but after that all went SMOOTHLY. Our first day was the 23rd and we spent the whole thing at DL. We rode about 10 rides between 9 and 1 with a break and churros added in. Our wait was only about 10 min or less for each. I will ALWAYS use RideMax from now on!

We went from DL to check into our hotel the Ramada Limited Suites. We did have 2 queens and a separate room with a pullout sofa, but he bedding for the sofa was holey and the bathtub had a hair in it. Overall it was a pleasant stay with a free crib brought up and a nice continental breakfast.

Then it was time to go back to the park. We decided to stake out for F! so we camped out on a blanket with DH taking the girls on rides and me taking them to the bathroom. When it got closer to time we got a couple of clam chowders and waited. Then F! and fireworks were cancelled. :crying:

The next day I checked into GCH early and parked our car. When they found out we were concierge the royal treatment started. It was amazing! (More about that later) We met my mom and did DCA. Soarin' was wonderful! I remembered a tip from someone here and got Mr. Potato Head accessories. We filled a box for $18. We brought our head from home so the girls could fit more accessories in the box.

We spent most of the rest of the day in the Conceirge Lounge at GCH. It was so worth the price. I am usually pretty...um...cheap...but I will ALWAYS stay here again! We had tea time in the lounge which was tea sandwiches and veges and fruit with dip. Then the girls did a craft in the lounge, it was a doorhanger that said Santa stop by here! and had a little santa head on it! Later we enjoyed the wine and cheese reception. Yummy cheeses!!! The girls and I "rented" Mary Poppins from the DVD selection and I bathed and dressed them in their nighties. We watched the fireworks from our lounge balcony with music piped in. Then it was dessert time. We had fruit cups, mickey head maccaroons and fruit. We chose to forgo the nighttime cordials. After two glasses of wine earlier we thought it might be best! :fez:

During dessert time carrolers came in and took requests and let the girls stand with them and ring bells. Then they layed out a blanket with pillows and had a storyteller come in and read to the children while they had milk and cookies. Then santa came in and read! We went back to the room to settle down the girls and let them watch their DVD.

We had a two bedroom suite with two baths and a living room with pull-out sofa and seperate sink. The veiw was wonderfull. We could see the pool and the themepark. I was told this was the most requested view they had. The concierge desk was great. Especially Christopher. I loved how they called the girls princess and gave them princess stickers.

Christmas morning we had breakfast in the lounge with the girls in their princess outfits..Tinkerbell, Ariel, Cinderella and another Tinkerbell. Then we went to DL. Later in the day we went to Rainforest Cafe for lunch then back to the hotel. We went to Toontown and tried to make it to DCA for the 4:45 Alladin show since we had priority seating, but it was full in the first 10 mins of opening at 3:45! :crying: We ran to Animation and took pictures with Belle then decided to wait for the 6:15 Alladin. It was worth it. Wow!! After Alladin we went to stake out a spot for F! We were in the standing area this time, but did get to see it and made it to main street in time for the fireworks to finish and to get snowed on!

The day after Christmas we had a late breakfast and went to Downtown Disney. The girls all got outfits at Build-a-Bear, then we went to ESPN Zone and used our card. My 7 yo did the rock wall! :eek: I didn't get to see her, but dh raced her up. We left around noon and headed home, arriving about 1 our time with a 2 hour time difference. (Yes, we drove straight through!)

I know this is long, but I had an amazing time. I can't go on enough about the service. Vacation Planning was great and had our tree in our room with extra plushes like I requested! Magical!!

Hakuna Makarla
12-27-2004, 02:51 PM
WOW! very magical !! I am so glad you had a great time! This trip sounded so fun and I am glad you had such great service at the GCH. Looking forward to seeing some pictures :)

Earkid
12-27-2004, 05:52 PM
I'm glad everything worked out like you wanted Tink1234!! Sounds like a great trip.

12-28-2004, 04:17 AM
Thanks for the trip report, Tink1234. Reading your take on the Grand Californian, I kept nodding my head in agreement.

Hakuna Makarla
12-28-2004, 05:54 AM
ok, tink, and how about those pic's? I am excited about your trip, ! sounds so great!

Opus1guy
12-28-2004, 06:22 AM
Wow! The GCH Lounge for Christmas with the kids sounds like the way to go! :)

And glad you finally got to see Fantasmic, despite the false alarm the first time. :)