PDA

View Full Version : DCA or Disneyland for New Years EVE?

Mickey7
12-27-2004, 07:45 AM
Each park has different events going on for New Year's eve. What I want to know is what park would you or have you gone to for New Year's eve. Is one park better than the other for celebrations? My wife and I am going this year even if it rains and just wanted to get some opinions. How early do we need to be to get in the parks. Would getting there at about 10:30-11:00 a.m. be too late due to crowds? Thanks for any input. :)

kbanmen
12-27-2004, 07:50 AM
I am working new years eve at DCA..Custodian..I normally work grave yard..but I have to come in at 11 (for crowd control) hope to see you there

Disney Vault
12-27-2004, 06:22 PM
Does DCA have fireworks?

AlohaJulie
12-27-2004, 06:50 PM
DCA did last year, a small show over the lagoon. The big fireworks are over at DL, but good luck moving in those crowds!

UncleGDogWord
12-28-2004, 05:33 AM
When my wife and I did New Years last year we got a great spot at the Castles so we could see not only the countdown, but got a chance to see the New Years sign shoot out of The Materhorn (That was so cool!)

I do recommend if you plan to see the New Year ring in at Disneyland get into the park by midafternoon. They will close the gates and you will have to make due with Downtown Disney or DCA.

The only plus I see about DCA is they do serve alcohol and if you wish to toast the New Year that way then DCA or Downtown Disney would be your choice.

Happy New Year to all!

SoCalDude
12-28-2004, 07:08 AM
lol

Go to DL if you want to be in the big crowd.

Go to DCA if you would like to have an intimate private time

:D