PDA

View Full Version : Believe! Jacket?

WizKidRyan
12-09-2001, 08:18 PM
I saw this couple walking around today with a letterman style jacket for the Believe! fireworks show. On the back it had the castle on it, but this thing was surrounded by these kick butt fiber optic lights. Tinkerbell would fly on, sprinkle pixie dust, and fireworks would come flying out of the castle. I have never seen anything quite like it and would love to know where I can buy one :)
Anyone seen these at DL anywhere?

sydney
12-10-2001, 06:28 AM
Yeah... sorry to bear bad news... but I saw a couple wearing those believe jackets earlier this month, and went on a tirade all over the park trying to figure out how to get my hands on one. Eventually all that searching led me to the Disneyana store on Main Street, where a senior CM informed me that they were limited edition jackets sold only back when believe premiered, and that they had sold for $1000 each. She said she was surprised that I actually saw someone wearing one, that most people had sworn up and down that they were just going to go home and like frame it or keep it locked up...

But then again, if I had one of them, darn straight I'd wear it around the park so people would see how cool my jacket was...

Sydney

WizKidRyan
12-10-2001, 06:35 AM
Well, I too would wear it everywhere if I had one :)
It's a shame it was a limited edition (well...the price would keep me from getting one as well). Guess I'll just have to settle for a "regular" jacket now lol :)

Dlandmom
12-10-2001, 08:46 AM
Wow, that sounds really cool! Yep, I'd wear it too! I used to buy t-shirts or sweatshirts from almost every new place I visited...at one point I actually thought I'd frame them and hang them up in my home office...yeah, like that's ever going to happen! About 4-5 years ago, I just decided that I'd start wearing them all...what's the point of buying them if you can't show them off?! IMHO....

LIMANDL4EVA
12-10-2001, 08:44 PM
those jackets ARE AWESOME, really one of a kind, if i had the money id do it too, but woudlnt it be uncomfortable with all the lighting and stuff?;)

Mouse
12-11-2001, 03:11 PM
The first (an only, so far) time I saw someone wearing those jackets I was so impressed. I pointed them out to everyone in my group and we watched as the fireworks exploded. We guestamated the price ("at least 1000 bucks" we concluded) and figured we couldn't afford them.

Great jackets. Great show...can't wait until the real believe comes back after the holidays.

WizKidRyan
12-11-2001, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Mouse
Great jackets. Great show...can't wait until the real believe comes back after the holidays.

Ya the holiday show just doesnt "do it" for me like the regular show. When I saw the holiday one last year I thought it was the coolest thing, but I attribute that to the fact that I had no idea it would snow at the end, but this year its sort of blazé.

slaakker
12-11-2001, 08:29 PM
I saw the same couple and asked them about the jackets. They told me they were a gift from Disney. You have to see the jackets to really appreciate them.

Cool jackets but I would probably only wear it at DL.

mrfantasmic
12-11-2001, 08:44 PM
I'm dreaming of a white Christmas...
That can get kind of old. But I'm sure the show itself is a great show, just not as extravigant.