PDA

View Full Version : New Year's Eve

tarzansgirl
12-25-2004, 07:14 PM
Is anybody going? I went New Years Eve 1999 and it was crazy and I want to go again this year. Does anybody know what the crowds will be like? I have a pass and want to go later in the day, around one or two, but I don't want to be denied access b/c of the park being filled to capacity. Anybody have any info for me? thanks!

Mistersh0w
12-25-2004, 11:21 PM
I'm going! I don't think i've ever been in DL during New Years...Though, I seem to remember wearing a new years hat, and blowing a new years horn when I was little at the park....hmmm...Anyway, i'm SOOOO there!! With the park open till 2:00am!! and DCA open till 1:00am!!! I'm gonna party like it's 1999!!

Andrew
12-25-2004, 11:35 PM
MousePad New Year's Eve meet (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=35202) at Disneyland, noon, Hub.

(The Hub, or Plaza, is the center of Disneyland, where the five main themed lands come together.)

GoldenEars
12-26-2004, 10:07 AM
I've been going to Disney on NYE for the past 10+ years, and it's the best place to be!! And ever since DCA opened up, I've been spending my NYE over at that Park now. And each year, DCA has become more and more crowded on NYE, cuz it really is a totally fun place to celebrate!!

But beware...both Parks (especially Disneyland) are extremely crowded, and at times, OVER crowded with guests. Don't expect to go on many rides or move around freely. When I go with friends, we just go to see all the shows during the day and at night, we just hang out and people watch. This year we have reservations at the Storyteller Cafe for dinner, so that'll be nice!

But here's a little side bar...if you can last until after midnight, then the Parks are yours for the asking! Everyone seems to leave the Parks right after the count down is done and everyone stops singing. So you'll have about 2 hrs of play time with practically no one around...it's great!

Anyway, enjoy yourself and make the best of it...despite the millions of guests that will be there with you! You'll have a blast!

Patrick :D

DaddyB
12-26-2004, 10:23 AM
I can't get to the park until after work. My best friend is coming out from New York, and he's absolutely insisting on going to Disneyland New Years Eve (all day) so my wife and he will get in there in the morning... What chances do you think I have on getting into the park (Disneyland, not DCA) if I get there about 4:45pm?

Would it help if I had a handstamp? Are returning guests given preference?

kbanmen
12-26-2004, 02:04 PM
Like stated ... DL was closed by about noon on christmas due to over crowding and reaching the capacity..I am not sure how busy DL gets on new years though..I have heard very very busy..very very....I work DCA that night I usually work at 1 am..I have to start at 11..and will basically do crowd control (so they tell me) until about 2 or 3 am..which is whne DCA is closed..DL is closed at 2...

piratefamily
12-26-2004, 02:05 PM
We will be there too. Any one who knows anything about entertainment, special happenings etc., please post. We have never been on New Years Eve, and the grandparents have the kids for the night....... :D :D

kbanmen
12-26-2004, 02:07 PM
dont know about DL..but DCA has some sort of band every year..the problem is no one is telling me which band..hmmmmmmmm..I am curious..i have been told I will work while listenting to the band..yeah..

AlohaJulie
12-26-2004, 06:20 PM
This year, DCA has the Fab Four, Bayadera, and a live DJ. Overall, I've been going to DCA for the past 3 years for NYE and it is so much more of a party atmosphere than DL.

Here's the link to the DLR site with all the NYE info for DCA:

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/calendar/specialEvents/detail?name=NYEatDCASpecialEventDetailPage

tarzansgirl
12-26-2004, 07:22 PM
Hmm, that seems to be the big question for me...should I go to DL or DCA??? I've never been to DCA on New Years Eve could anyone tell me what it is like? Is it better than DL simply because the crowds aren't as bad? I mean I am an AP so it doesn't matter if I go on rides or anything I just wanna have some fun!

kbanmen
12-27-2004, 06:00 AM
HEY people, if you happen to be at DCA on New Years Eve..come and say hi to me.,.I wil be working at 11 PM..I will be working on attractions west area,,which is the carosel, maliboomer,stinger,mulhuland madness, zepher, coasters..all that west area.. I will be wearing my 3rd shift custian custome (which is blue)..and just look for my name tag..KELLY..so please come and say hi if you can

lilblckrncloud
12-27-2004, 07:10 AM
Hmm, that seems to be the big question for me...should I go to DL or DCA??? I've never been to DCA on New Years Eve could anyone tell me what it is like? Is it better than DL simply because the crowds aren't as bad? I mean I am an AP so it doesn't matter if I go on rides or anything I just wanna have some fun!
I have gone to DCA for New Year's for the past three years, and I think it is SO much fun. It's really not crowded at all, and the whole place is full of music and lights and everyone is dancing in the streets and just having a blast. It's super dorky, of course, but you can just act as goofy as you want because you know there will be someone next to you acting just as goofy. This year it doesn't look like they will have as many dance spots as previous years (I personally loved the disco area with the dancers in crazy costumes) so that's a bummer. I still think it will be a lot of fun, though.

My big question is what happens if it rains? It looks like rain is in the forecast (http://www.weather.com/weather/local/USCA0027?from=search_city) for the whole week, so I worry that things will get cancelled!

mystycalchyk
12-27-2004, 08:37 AM
Been going to Disneyland for the last 7 years on NYE. erm..well this will be our 7th year.

It's insane crowded and I love every nanosecond of it.

I'll be at the meet at the hub. Hope to see some of you there :)

piratefamily
12-28-2004, 06:23 PM
Year End Wrap Party: Wrap up 2004 Hollywood-style with the freshest dance music spun by one of the hippest DJs around.
Hollywood Backlot 8:00 p.m. – 1:00 a.m.

Does any one know any info about this "hippest DJ"? Please tell me it is someone good! :D

Disneyfreak
12-28-2004, 08:31 PM
New Years Eve is the busiest day of the year. Be prepared to not have one inch of room to yourself at Disneyland. I am not joking. It took us about 40 min to fight the crowd to get from adventureland to innoventions when it got closer to midnight. There will also be 4 hour waits for some of the main rides like splash mountain so dont expect to ride anything. Last year I went and splash mountains line was 300 min long. It even makes it worse when you have a high capacity ride like space mountain not operating.

PumbaaMan
12-29-2004, 06:27 AM
I was wondering if anyone thinks the crowds will be somewhat smaller with the forecast of rain through Friday and possibly into the weekend? If I get a chance to go I hope to stop by the meet at the HUB.

DJLCB
12-29-2004, 04:56 PM
This year, DCA has the Fab Four...

Does anybody have any recommendation regarding a good time to arrive at the Golden State Amphitheatre for the 9:45pm start of the Fab Four performance? Last time I went to this venue I saw the Monkees and it was so crowded I could not see a thing! I would like to get decent seating (or proximity to stage) for the Fab Four.

ToursbabeC3po
12-31-2004, 12:51 AM
Hi everyone! I just wanted to give you heads up and let you know that the park is expecting to fill to capacity tomorrow it the weather does not get really bad. If it rains then it most likely will not happen. So if you want to go, go early! We have had the most busy Holiday season since 9/11 and we expect big crowed tomorrow. I will be in the park having fun!!!!!!!!! I hope all of you do the same!!!!!
((((((((((hugs))))))))
Toursbabe

kbanmen
12-31-2004, 07:02 AM
I will be working at DCA starting at 11 am..oh YEAH..but looks like it could rain all day..80% chance and it has started during the night

SoCalSteven
12-31-2004, 07:26 AM
I was planning on going, but rain is going to suck... :(

lilblckrncloud
12-31-2004, 07:46 AM
Hey, kmatsumura, do you know if any of the outdoor entertainment planned for tonight at DCA will be cancelled because of the rain?

kbanmen
12-31-2004, 07:54 AM
Hey, kmatsumura, do you know if any of the outdoor entertainment planned for tonight at DCA will be cancelled because of the rain?

You Know I really dont know...as I am only graveyard custodian. But one of my managers had said if it rained it is possible they may have some inside. Like in Hollywood and Dine for example, or possibly animation. But he wasnt 100% sure. Maybe there is a ## you can call at the resort. If I had worked last night (it was my night off) I would have asked them. But like I said hollywood and dine was an option

PsychDoc
12-31-2004, 08:02 AM
My friend cancelled at the last minute; she had a family emergency. I'm just glad my card didn't get charged for the room. We would be there right now! I really hate to say this but, I am kind of glad we didn't go. I would have to take the 2 year old with the huge stroller. It would be a nightmare going through the crowds with it. I may plan a quickie weekender with my oldest sometime before our passes die.

lilblckrncloud
12-31-2004, 08:43 AM
You Know I really dont know...as I am only graveyard custodian. But one of my managers had said if it rained it is possible they may have some inside. Like in Hollywood and Dine for example, or possibly animation. But he wasnt 100% sure. Maybe there is a ## you can call at the resort. If I had worked last night (it was my night off) I would have asked them. But like I said hollywood and dine was an option
Now THAT would be cool. Thanks for the info on the possibilities...

QueenAlisha
12-31-2004, 09:22 AM
i'm not going to be able to go :( but PLEASE party extra hard for me. :)