PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Go Today (Christmas day)? Crowded?

Pages : [1] 2

olddumbguy
12-25-2004, 02:58 PM
I posted a thread asking about crowds on Christmas day and a number of you persuaded me not to go. I was wondering if anyone actually did go. I'm gonna kick myself if it wasnt crowded. The weather was excellent today, so I'm guessing it was packed.

ChipmunkStar
12-25-2004, 03:32 PM
Ticket sales were stopped at noon. The park gates were closed before 3 in the afternoon. The lines for Matterhorn and all of Fantasyland were out of control. Matterhorn way was basically impassible.

Don't kick yourself, pat yourself on the back for saving yourself from a LOT of grief!!!

Hakuna Makarla
12-25-2004, 03:40 PM
WOW ! I think that would be to crazy for me! I guess you were lucky you did not go LOL!

olddumbguy
12-25-2004, 03:50 PM
Thanks, I feel much better now.

Disney Vault
12-25-2004, 04:05 PM
If you bought a ticket and went to DL could you still park hop back and forth between DL and DCA? I was just wondering. I hope we get to see lots of pictures from all the people there.

AaronInCal
12-25-2004, 04:08 PM
With it right now looking like all of next week is going to be very wet and stormy, everyone will be trying to go today and Sunday. The weather is great! But starting Monday, rain looks to be here for a while. So good luck to anyone who goes in the next day or 2!

Disneyland2004
12-25-2004, 04:33 PM
hey speaking of next week i will be there during NYE anyone have any idea about the weather that day? i heard that the next 2 days are suppost to rain from the post on top of mine. if anyone who live in anaheim and watches the weather, please update about the weather on new years eve.

Wesley815
12-25-2004, 10:38 PM
hey speaking of next week i will be there during NYE anyone have any idea about the weather that day? i heard that the next 2 days are suppost to rain from the post on top of mine. if anyone who live in anaheim and watches the weather, please update about the weather on new years eve.You could also just go to www.weather.com (http://www.weather.com/weather/local/92801?lswe=92801&lwsa=WeatherLocalUndeclared) (clicking the URL takes you directly to Anaheim's page). That'll show you almost live weather as well as forcasts. A lot easier then waiting for a random person to post something here about the weather.

calguy77
12-26-2004, 06:43 AM
exactly, why would you wait for someone to post a weather update

kbanmen
12-26-2004, 09:47 AM
THey told us at roll call last night at DCA the parks were basuically closed due to PEOPLE EVERYWHERE...they reached their capacity..which was 85,000, I would never ever go when it is that busy..EVER..DCA had an attadenace of 23,000

DCAWhites
12-26-2004, 10:02 AM
The cm rumor mill told me d-land shut their gates EARLY, around 11:30.

kbanmen
12-26-2004, 10:04 AM
YEs I heard it was at about noon..it was CLOSED..85,000 DL people were there..what a crowd..I just couldnt stand being there when it is that crowded..no where to move,etc

CrystalSkull
12-26-2004, 11:35 AM
It never got to 85,000, it got up to the mid 70's when they closed the gates and started sending people to DCA. All strollers, wheelchairs, and ECV were gone by 1pm.

-Mark

AVP
12-26-2004, 12:04 PM
We were there last night for a few hours - popped in after Christmas dinner to see the fireworks. 90-minute lines for EVERYTHING. Indy fastpasses were gone by 6. They added a 3rd showing of Fantasmic.

AVP

CrystalSkull
12-26-2004, 12:06 PM
That 3rd showing of Fantasmic was decided at 2pm. All F! GC CMs got a "merry mandatory extension" meaning we were all going home an hour later.

-Mark

disney jones
12-26-2004, 04:00 PM
What is 'crowded'?

I was there Dec 22 and Dec 23. It was definitely busy with a lot of people. We normally go on Thurs and Fri during the Summer, and I'd say the crowds last week i was there were about the same, maybe slightly more people --- how does this compare to Christmas Day?

I'd like to get a feel for a comparison of Dec 22/23 vs. Dec 25th. I have no idea how full the park was last week compared to a Christmas Dy sell-out. Is there anyone there last week and Christmas Day that can tell me what kind of difference there was?

soccerlady16
12-26-2004, 06:32 PM
Wow another Fantasmic! showing. I've never heard of that happening! I thought alot of prep. had to go into setting up for Fantasmic!

The Lovely Mrs. tod
12-26-2004, 08:20 PM
We got there about 2:30, no problem getting in with AP's in hand. Although we didn't really venture into the park much, tod and I pretty much stayed on Main Street, ate peppermint ice cream, bought half price Spode and ornaments, made cookies and enjoyed a steady diet of the band and Dicken's Carolers...Trevor and Little tod made for Star Tours and they said it wasn't a bad wait over there.

We left about 6 for a stop at World of Disney and the Hearthstone Lounge prior to dinner at Storytellers.

BUT...we don't often venture far into the park on Christmas...we've learned our lessons over the past few years.

-TLMt

bandboy1985
12-26-2004, 08:49 PM
Wow another Fantasmic! showing. I've never heard of that happening! I thought alot of prep. had to go into setting up for Fantasmic!

no ma'am. we added a third show tonight as well. everything's pretty well set, and most people are kinda blah about an extension, it's another 6.75. ;)

h_lehmann
12-26-2004, 10:11 PM
I was there on Friday the 24th. It was crowded, but I've seen it worse. It certainly wasn't as crowded as I had expected. Mid-day standy times, off the top of my head, were about 50 minutes for Indiana Jones, 15 minutes for Pirates, 20 for Roger Rabbit. Fantasy Land was very crowded (lots of strollers that day), but the rest of the pask was fine. I glad I didn't wait until Christmas day.

I Heart Disneyland!
12-26-2004, 10:16 PM
We got there about 2:30, no problem getting in with AP's in hand. Although we didn't really venture into the park much, tod and I pretty much stayed on Main Street, ate peppermint ice cream, bought half price Spode and ornaments, made cookies and enjoyed a steady diet of the band and Dicken's Carolers...Trevor and Little tod made for Star Tours and they said it wasn't a bad wait over there.

We left about 6 for a stop at World of Disney and the Hearthstone Lounge prior to dinner at Storytellers.

-TLMt

All of what you said made me so envious! I wish I'd been at Dl on Christmas. It looks so beautiful in the photos....hubby and I have decided next Christmas, we need to venture to So. Cal. and do it there! Sounds like the Tod clan had a wonderful Christmas! :)

wishIwasthe_Mouse
12-27-2004, 07:46 AM
I was there but it didnt seem that crowded to me. there were a lot of people but i still got on everything about three times. could be because i was a solo rider but then again i just kept useing fast pass and never used the single rider line on any rides. it was a wonderfull day and i hope everyone else enjoyed it as much as i did.

hbquikcomjamesl
12-27-2004, 09:26 AM
Wow another Fantasmic! showing. I've never heard of that happening! I thought alot of prep. had to go into setting up for Fantasmic!I've been at DL many times when an extra Fantasmic showing was added. Back in 1998, when it appeared I'd never see The Parade again, I spent quite a few evenings there, and saw quite a few signs posted near the Frontierland entrance, announcing extra Fantasmic showings.

After all, they only have to redress the big boats and Tom Sawyer's Island once before the first showing, and once again after. All they really have to do between shows is reload the fireworks, redress the Jungle Book/Princess barges, and run everything (and everybody) back to the starting positions.

When I got there, they were apparently letting passholders and those who'd already been in DL that day (and maybe hotel guests?) into DL, but not selling any new tickets.

Undoubtedly, the Blue Bayou took in quite a few walk-ups, since a lot of people with reservations simply couldn't get there. Oy!

Wesley815
12-27-2004, 10:26 AM
Wow another Fantasmic! showing. I've never heard of that happening! I thought alot of prep. had to go into setting up for Fantasmic!We've done it for the past 3 nights so far, so nope... it's not too hard to do. :) The weather is heading down hill for the rest of this week, so I don't know if the park will continue to have 3 a night. Normally you'll hear announcments pretty early in the day (around 1 or 2pm) if another show is being added.

CrystalSkull
12-27-2004, 11:49 AM
And for the 3rd showing. They don't even have to reload the pryo. Enough for 3 shows is stored in there before the first showing. But if they ever do a fourth, very possibly on New Year's Eve, don't expect a lot of pyro in that show. The pyro gets shipped daily and is stored in the Fort and it's usually enough for 3 shows.