PDA

View Full Version : Weather Blues

Pages : [1] 2

whosyourpal
12-25-2004, 01:31 PM
So i booked my trip 4 months ago, and the weather forecast for next week looks to be rain, rain and more rain!

What shall i do at DL & DCA if it rains all week? :mad:

lisap
12-25-2004, 01:45 PM
Enjoy it--the local crowds will be down. :)

Get a nice long raincoat and waterproof shoes. There's plenty to do in wet weather at the Parks. Hopefully, it will not rain every second so they can run the parade and fireworks at least once during your visit--that would be the only thing I would be a little concerned about.

TikiGeek
12-25-2004, 03:20 PM
Buy a "Mickey" rain poncho - they work great.

olddumbguy
12-25-2004, 03:28 PM
I've lived in SoCal all my life and the odds of it raining more then part of one day are pretty low. It may be a little chilly by our standards, but I wouldnt expect all that much rain. Where do you live?

whosyourpal
12-25-2004, 03:35 PM
We live in Canada so temperature is not an issue!

I am sure rain or no rai we will enjoy every minute.

thanks

Tutter
12-26-2004, 09:26 AM
The forecast is for rain every day next week - pretty heavy. Will it really affect the crowds dramatically?

kbanmen
12-26-2004, 09:42 AM
I may bring the crowds down alot.. I went a few years ago and it rained..I went on SOOOOOOO many rides..it was great..just bring rain gear

Vegitabeta
12-26-2004, 10:14 AM
The Mickey ponchos are great-the rain is an excuse to buy one!

SCUBAbe
12-26-2004, 10:29 AM
get an umbrella and enjoy the lower crowds. We went on 12/04-12/06 and it rained on the sunday. The crowds were very low and at night we were able to just walk on all the rides. I'm not a poncho fan. They just tend to soak all the floors and ride cars. Umbrellas can be shook off...:)

AVP
12-26-2004, 11:59 AM
Tony's parents and grandmother are coming for a visit this week. Tuesday, to be exact. This will be his grandmother's first trip to Disneyland in 18+ years.

Rain, rain, GO AWAY!!!!

AVP

kbanmen
12-26-2004, 02:06 PM
We live in Canada so temperature is not an issue!

I am sure rain or no rai we will enjoy every minute.

thanks

where in canada are you from? I am from Vancvouer BC..now live in califronia

munchkinsmom0003
12-26-2004, 03:58 PM
So i booked my trip 4 months ago, and the weather forecast for next week looks to be rain, rain and more rain!

What shall i do at DL & DCA if it rains all week? :mad:

The reports of rain in SoCal are inconsistent. It may or may not rain the week you're there. Even if it does, I'd rather deal with the rain and the reduced crowds anyday. Like the previous posters mentioned, just bring your raincoats/ponchos and umbrellas and enjoy. We've been to DLR several times in the rain with our two kids (4 yrs and 21 mos) and LOVED it. We're thinking about heading there sometime next week ourselves.

A little water won't hurt you. :p

Have fun!

ozbeauticn
12-26-2004, 04:46 PM
It was supposd to rain every single day of my trip last NYE and it only rained part of the last day, so you never really know. Personally I hope it rains every day except NYE! :)

Shinku
12-26-2004, 04:59 PM
The southern california rain is totally tolerable, we're not talking Seattle here people ;)

You'll be fine. You might want to throw an extra change of clothes in the car just in case you get your jeans soaked or whatever (wet denim is not fun), but overall you should be great *thumbsup*.

Bring a jacket, use common sense, and please please PLEASE don't drive 80+mph on the rain-soaked california freeway system. Thanks.

Stupid_American
12-26-2004, 05:06 PM
Typically, is rains vertically here.
You probably won't have to contend with windy squalls.
Just bring some rain gear, including a good hat.

Last Christmas it rained and the crowd was huge.
But, that was Christmas and more people made family gatherings of it.

Christiii
12-26-2004, 05:28 PM
Im freaking out about coming to DL and the Rose Parade..I paid $200 for great seats for my mom...I can handle the rain, but would choose not to come now if it wasnt for the parade..what is going to happen to the floats???? :eek:

sediment
12-26-2004, 05:35 PM
The flowers on the floats will grow during the parade! It's an amazing sight, one you should really see in person.

Shinku
12-26-2004, 06:12 PM
The floats will be fine. No worries! Besides, it never rains on the tournament of roses parade. Ever.

AlohaJulie
12-26-2004, 06:25 PM
I'm going to rely on past NYE and say that there's not going to be any rain on NYE! :)

Christiii
12-26-2004, 07:49 PM
a travel website said it hasnt rained at the Rose Parade in 7 or 8 years, so we are due..and it doesnt look good...so does it still go on?? do people sit there in the pouring rain?? I dont go to many parades, especially not this big, and extra especially in the rain..

Ace
12-26-2004, 07:53 PM
Buy a "Mickey" rain poncho - they work great.

it sure does, if you love spending $10 on a trashbag

SCUBAbe
12-26-2004, 08:06 PM
The flowers on the floats will grow during the parade! It's an amazing sight, one you should really see in person.
well, the roses may grow, but most of the flowers are glued on. They would hand me mums and what not that were just the heads with glue on the back. They aren't growing anymore. The seeds are just glued on as well, but the roses are in those small viles that hold water. Some other may be in viles also. I only worked on the roses and the glued on flowers and seeds when I use to do it. I use to love working on the scaffeling...LOL...

sediment
12-26-2004, 08:27 PM
Thanks for the completely serious update, babe.

VickiC
12-26-2004, 08:31 PM
They are saying this storm will bring a total of 5"-10" spread out over a few days. That's quite a bit of water, even by Seattle standards! I hope they are wrong for you vacationers, I'm turning off my sprinklers and loving it!

CoasterChickie
12-27-2004, 12:15 AM
whosyourpal....when it's raining the hardest , go inside the animation building and take your time really enjoying every single thing. Often times , more characters than usual will go in there when it's raining. Or if you're in DL, go inside Mr. Lincoln and take your time looking at all the displays before the show. After the show go and watch every single black and white Mickey Mouse cartoon in the little theatre on Main Street. And if you're in Downtown Disney, see if there are any good movies playing at AMC...that's a very nice theater.