PDA

View Full Version : Having Fun in the Black Lights

AlxVision360
12-24-2004, 08:56 PM
This week, our family discovered that the queue in Star Tours provides an especially good place to experiment with the black lights. There's a particularly good spot right around the bend from the "goose" droid behind the window that does that checkerboard opaque/clear thing. The cover of the DL map looked awesome! The pic on the admission tickets disappeared revealing a "secret" message. Fastpasses look cool too. And of course, the typical shirts, pants, shoes, hats, all took on a new life in the black lights. Yep, it's silly, but it was a fun way for the kids to pass the time in the queue. Anyone else like to do the same thing? What are your favorite black light spots?

Captain Josh
12-24-2004, 09:10 PM
This is my little secret...

In the Indiana Jones Adventure, right after you "look" the Eyes of Mara, the room is black-lit, so one day I decided to draw a spooky looking eye "glyph" on the palm of my hand. I went on the ride as per normal, then as soon as the curse hit and we fly up into the blacklights, I open my palm and scream in pain that I have been "marked"...it's FUN.

Disney Vault
12-24-2004, 09:10 PM
In splash mt. the part with the bees. I always try to read my re-entry hand stamp.

Shinku
12-24-2004, 10:35 PM
Any of the fantasyland "dark" rides (Pinnocchio, Snow White) are always black light-riddled. Fun fun!

MZCosmo
12-25-2004, 08:56 PM
Its fuin to get a re-entry hand stamp and imediatly rub it all over your face. Its fun to see other peoples reactions when you are in black light areas.

Disney Vault
12-25-2004, 09:37 PM
The re-entry hand stamps are so yellow now. Last year when I went the ink was white and I couldnt read it without a black light but just this month when I went they were yellow. Most of the time I could read them fine in the sunlight.

CoasterChickie
12-27-2004, 12:07 AM
I love the way the black lights on IASW were making my daughter's white trim on her Santa hat glow. :)

Also, the black light effect is one of the best things about the Pooh ride.