PDA

View Full Version : Next new Attraction ?

Pages : [1] 2 3

parky_in_paris
05-06-2001, 12:11 AM
What should be the next new attraction built at Disneyland Paris?
It has been a while since we have had a new 'E' ticket ride and there are a number of notable rides missing (Splash, Alien Encounter, Buzz).

Or should we have something from DCA, a Soarin over ???? ride.

zapppop
05-08-2001, 03:16 PM
Oh heck no !!

Why would you want ANYTHING from DCA ?

Euro Disney could use Splash Mountain.

I assume if they did it would go into Fantasyland, right ?

parky_in_paris
05-09-2001, 03:45 AM
The thing that bothers me about Splash Mountain in Paris is the weather.

It gets very cold and wet here, often days and days of rain from Sept to April, with temperatures below zero from November to February. We also have quite a bit of snow at times.

I'm not sure how keen people will be to go on Splash with the great possibility of getting very wet, with no chance of every being able to dry off.

Many things close at DLP due to the weather, especially those that have some sort of outside element. (Autopia, Old Mill, Canal Boats, Casey Jr)

If they do put SP into DLP it will not go into Fantasyland, it will most likey go into Frontierland next to the Railtracks behind the Country Cookout BBQ (replacing Critter Corral). It would get the same theme as all the other SM around the world.

I have heard that a 'Emperor's New Groove' theme has been concidered as well, putting the ride in Adventureland probably near to Indy, accross the railtracks.

My guess is that it will not be the next big thing at DLP, expect an inside ride that can pull crowds all year long before we get SP.

zapppop
05-09-2001, 03:19 PM
What about Winnie The Pooh ?

parky_in_paris
05-11-2001, 01:57 AM
I have not heard about Winnie the Pooh. I don't know where they would put the ride either.

In both WDW and DL they either replaced a current ride (Toadin WDW) or plan to replace one (Bears in DL)

As things are not very old in DLP I don't think they will remove something to add Pooh. They could build a new building somewhere, but not sure where that would be.

I would rather they added a ride to Adventureland or Frontierland as both don't have a lot to offer. There are plenty of ride for the kids, I think they need more 'E' tickets at the moment.

zapppop
05-15-2001, 03:31 PM
ADVENTURELAND:

JUNGLE CRUISE ?

Or

How about a new ride featuring Tarzan ? Possibly in the style of the Indiana Jones ride in Disneyland ?

artattack
05-16-2001, 12:46 AM
I really hope Disneyland Paris gets a "real" new E-ticket ride soon. (not just a re-thinking of an old ride, like Indy backwards) Because it really has been a long time..

Splash mountain would be great... (I don't think the weather is a big problem... look at all the other European parks, they all have a flume ride. Splash mountain even has the ability to reduce the splash on cold days)
I think it would fit in the back area of frontierland (where the barbeque place is - maybe they can rename it to critter country)

a new version of jungle cruise would be great. (in adventureland) Maybe with complete new technology..
Maybe a wild ride with a jeep through a dangerous jungle. (they could use the indy-ride technology)

mickeyfantasmic
05-17-2001, 01:11 PM
how about a flume ride in Adventurland!
This could be coverd (therefore eliminating the problems which splash would face in cold weather) and feature any type of stroy line!
A covered and heated version of splòash mountain could also be great!
The original plans also called for a little memaid ride and a Beauty and the beast (tiki type) show; how about those!
For sure the next attraction will be at least in 2003 (if not 2004) after at least a year of plussing the new studios park!
Something which i would LOVE to see would be a FANTASMIC! show at the studios (cant see it happening at the magic kingdom) since this reall7y sends shivers up my spines and i live to see it as soon as i can in the stateside parks!
TTFN tatafornow:p

parky_in_paris
05-17-2001, 01:14 PM
I too would like Fantasmic as long as it is the Disneyland version which is far better than the 'cheap' version in WDW.

A flume ride inside would be good, but isn't that a bit like pirates ?

Napsto
05-17-2001, 10:51 PM
you need a splash or something! although you might like soarin' over France!!!

parky_in_paris
05-18-2001, 12:36 AM
The problem with Soarin over 'France' or 'Europe' is it is so similar to the film that we have in La Visionarium (Timekeeper)

I you have seen the 360 degree film you will know it has lots of ariel film shots of France and Europe. I know it is not delivered in the same way as 'Soarin' but it would be very similar.

I'm also not sure which land it would go into, the only real candidate would be Discoveryland and that is where La Visionarium is already. We also have 2 other films and a show in Discoveryland as well, I don't think we need another. They could replace Visionarium with Soarin but that does not give us more capacity.

I don't think Soarin would fit into the Studios either with a 'Country' theme. It would work if it had a 'Film' theme though.

mickeyfantasmic
05-18-2001, 12:41 AM
yes Ian your right..the doubts the immagenears had over splash mountain where actually used on DLP opening and therefore called for a "bigger" version of pirates which features 2 very different falls from the ones in the other parks!
What i was suggesting is a version of splash (for which a spot was saved since masterplaning the park in frontierlad where Critter coral-temporary area-is now ) much like the TDL version (the wet factor is practically inexistent)and with a coverd drop so that rain or snow wouldnt interfer with the show (maybe somerthing resembling leaves or a bigger rose patch).
For sure the next thign will be a flume ride in Frontierland (Splash) or in Adventurland (prob themed to Emperor or Atlantis)-they just need to wotk the "water bugs".

parky_in_paris
05-18-2001, 12:49 AM
I think a flume ride in Frontierland instead of Critter Coral is a great idea.

I have always thought that would be the area for Splash Mountain.

It is a bit of a dead area up there near the train station, and a new attraction would make the traffic patterns very different in that area.

I'm not sure what effect it would have on the theatre though.

In Adventureland I suppose the new ride would fit in the area behind the tree house between Pirates and Indy, across the rail tracks (I think there is space)

A new theme would be good as well, rather that have a repeat of Splash. Not sure if Emperor has a high enough profile, and Atlantis is a bit more Discoveryland material rather than Adventureland.

I have always thought a version of Indy/Dinosaur would work in Paris. Not sure of the theme though. We already have an Indy ride, and Dinosaurs don't really fit anywhere.

mickeyfantasmic
05-18-2001, 01:16 AM
I wouldnt bet on Indy since we already have the "temple du peril" coaster!
Also the ride technology for indy/dinosaur is very expensive..I also feel that a "big E ticket transport ride" like Indy would be needed in paris but dont see it happening any time soon!
According to the 1992-2017 master plan devised with the park construstion after space mountain there was going to be only one more "big-E ticket ride" (Splash) and then focus would (and will) shift to smaller venture within the MK (think Fanasyland and Adveturland)...on the Studios Park (TOT, great movie/villan ride)..and hen or Lava lagoon (water park to be built left of the Newport/sequoia are) and on the third park (cross between DisneySeas and Epcot/futureworld).
this is not fiction but reality based masterplanning signed by Disney in 1987..if they dont, at least, build 75% of the plan (prob exclude waterpark or 3rd park) many land options would fall and EuroDisney SCA would lose A LOT of money (Vall D europe was built onj one of those areas!!!).

zapppop
06-09-2001, 01:48 PM
Maybe it's not too original but why don't they just retheme the roller coaster ride to Tarzan and put in a new Indiana Jones ride similar to the one in Disneyland ?

parky_in_paris
06-09-2001, 02:30 PM
Basically we won't get Indy from California in Paris as it costs to much to build, over $100 Million.

Also with the number of injuries in DL they may not use the ride technology again, I know it is used in WDW but it has been so tamed down that it is just not as good.

zapppop
06-09-2001, 04:52 PM
what is the amount they're aiming for ?

parky_in_paris
06-10-2001, 12:51 AM
They are not 'aiming' for anything at the moment.
They are just careful where they spend the money.
To be honest with a new park opening next door in less than a year I don't expect they will add anything major to Disneyland for the next 5 years.
All the money for attractions in the next 5 years will go to the Studios, because it will draw people to the resort, who will of course go to both parks. A new park will be enough of a draw to bring back people again to the resort.

I expect the next major ride at DL will be Splash Mountian, maybe for the 15th Anniversay.

highflyer747b
06-11-2001, 02:08 AM
I would love for there to be a new version of Splash mountain (I don't see why they wouldn't be able to have one in Paris, Tokyo Disneyland does and they get lots more snow), a "Soarin' over" ride would be great, it's one of the best rides I've ever been on however they are having capacity problems. I can't wait to see what the next couple of years will bring.

mickeyfantasmic
06-11-2001, 02:34 AM
My sources say that a flume ride is for sure in the programs of the DLP future..the question is only if a copy of TDL splash mountain will be built since it would be very expensive: DLs cost was of 80mil$, WDWs 100mil$ and TDLs 120mil$ being the most expensive due to the details on the ride both within the ride and outside on chicapin hill and due to the cost of re-designing the technology so to control (and virtually eliminate during the cold and snowy days of winter) the splash.
I rode all 3 splash mountains around the world and i must say that TDLs version is the best...the AA and the scenery are much more elaborate than at WDW. DL on the other hand uses mostly AA form "America sings" (except for the Brear rabbit, fox and bear figures) therefore limiting the movements of the other AA..but it lacks the scene by scene transition of WDW (in DL you often can see all the inside of the building whilst at WDW every scne is "closed").
TDLs Splash Mountain would be great for DLP but, since managment is very carefull on where they spend the money (but they do spend: toon circuses cost was more than 15mil$) -I just dont see them allowing a 120mil$ budget (and the other versions wouldn t do because of the splash).
We probably will see a more "kid friendly area" in DLP (probably toontown built in the walkway between discoveryland and Fantasyland)or the studios (Toon studios)since small childreen are the main target group for DLPs managment,a nd then a high profile thrill attraction, certainly in the studios, like Tower of Terror, before splash!
Its marketing guys; DLPs target group rotates between small childreen, families and teenagers, with repeat visitors belonging mainly to the 2 and third group they need to adress the children with lands for them (look at "le pays de conte de fee" or the whole Fantasyland..it s beautiful and huge). the teenagers have been content with the 3 roller coasters (BTM; Indy and space) and families are getting all the shows (Tarzan and mulan are incredible, Toon circus pack main street t the extrem).
Repeat visitors, and feench ones most of all, are getting the new studios theme park, geared mainly on their tastes (shows are loved by the french and the coaster will be a major draw for teenagers).
Therefore I suppose (unless the studios is such a big succses that money flaws in so much everything changes) we will again see something for the kids, right after we get some upgrades to the studios (ie: nothing new untill 2005 in DLP after the studios gets TOT, muppets, etc) and only then (IANs target for the 15th anniversary is correct) a flume ride!

zapppop
06-24-2001, 08:17 PM
What about " It's Tough To Be A Bug " in adventureland ?

Is that a good idea or a bad one ?

mickeyfantasmic
06-24-2001, 11:58 PM
probably its actually a good idea but it wont happen!
WIth the muppets coming to the studios and honey i shrunk the audience already in Discoveryland the parks
dont need another 3d movie but more ride throughs (if it wasnt for ther money indy or dinosaur would be perfect....

Jonas_swe
07-03-2001, 10:56 PM
Wow, what cool ideas you guys have! :D

I really would like to see a SP at DLP!
The best place would be in Fronteirland, the largest of the lands at DLP... so there's plenty of room!
And it won't disturb guests during construction either! :D

Soarin' Over Europe would be an awesome ride!
There are soo many different cultures here and the landscape is really dramatic!

The Timekeeper is getting a little old... (sorry...:o)
What about changing that to a underwater theme or a travel inside your body!
(Or whatever...):rolleyes:
That format could also go 3-D, now that would be a blast!

I really do think that we'll get to see a version of FANTASMIC at The Studios, although I'd rather like to see it on The Rivers of America in Fronteirland...

And since they changed the Robinson-theme to Tarzan in the huge Adventureland tree, why not have "It's Tough To Be A Bug"-theme inside/under it, like in Animal Kingdom?

I totally agree with all of you, DLP sure needs a new E-ticket ride, very soon...... :eek:

DisneylandKid
07-16-2001, 01:43 PM
I can't believe DLP doesn't have Splash Mountain. Maybe they could eliminate some of the scenes (for money) and use the extra money to eliminate the splash at the bottom of the mountain. They might also be able to somehow cover that area (with trees, etc.) to eliminate rain.
Since they already have an Indy ride, they could use the technology to add "Dinosaur" in Discoveryland with the time-traveling theme. Just some thoughts...

mickeyfantasmic
07-18-2001, 03:17 PM
unfortunately I wouldnt expect any EMV type ride (ala INdisan Jones or Dinosaur) coming to DLP since the technology is to expensive and capacity to low (pirates and splash hold more) for DLP standards.
I would anyway expect sometype of flume rode coming to DLP park in 2003/4...the main reasons for the hold up arte obviously the constuction costs of the studios park, the weatherand the high costs of construction..but dont ever forget that a spot was aaved for Splash mountain where the chapparel theatre now stands...rumor has it that critter coral and the theatre could easily be relocated and splash constucetd.
There is also rumor that Cynithia Harris (DL-Anaheim president)is pushing hard for a refurbishment of splash to a "lilo and stich" theme in 2002..this may be the reason for Jay Rassulo (DLP president) for holding up the construction.