PDA

View Full Version : Next new Attraction ?

Pages : 1 [2] 3

wonderful
08-05-2001, 09:37 PM
I haven't been to DLP yet, but from all I've seen and read and tirelessly researched in prep for my upcoming trip, I think the following might be good additions:
The Sinbad Voyage from Tokyo Disney Sea is their jewel and it deserves to be copied (seeing as many might be going on Europe trips rather than Tokyo trips)..I'd put that in Adventureland where it would theme nicely with the Aladdin-type entrance and theming
A "Soarin" type of "fantasy" ride is the only thing I could think of for the great ride system... I think a "soarin' over Europe" would only be cool if it was like "Soarin' Over Europe's History"... fly above a fight in the Collesium, soar through a WWII dog fight, etc.... I'd have to see the park to see where I'd put that one
Because of it's location, I think DLP needs a flume ride (Pirates type, not Splash) based on "Hunchback" (think "Court of Miracles") and a dark ride based on Beauty and the Beast... the success of the films and their truly "Disney" AND French themes seem to be enough reason to toy with them as themes...
well, that's what I think

:D

totbellhop
08-26-2001, 04:20 PM
Hey guys, what about a totaly new idea?
I would love to see a new Disney ????? Mountain.
How about Mount Olympus, themed to Hercules? or
Mount Everest? or Bald Mountain? or something.
Or maybe something that has to do with the Hunchback of Notre Dame, something like a recreation of Notre Dame church or something.
I have a lot of crazy ideas.

mickeyfantasmic
09-22-2001, 04:36 AM
I was just thinking: any chance, if the makeover is a succsess in anaheim, of the haunted mansion NBXMAS makeover coming to DLP in the futre?
Just immagine: it wouldnt take much to make Halloween land (the frontierland makeover during the halloween celebration) to become "Halloween town" and Phantom manor to become the central focus of the area..this would be a blast...maybe even more than in Anaheim considering the layout and differences between the HM and PM!
please say this dream could one day become true...after all Its a small world holiday is now a stable Xmas attractiona nd succsess at DLP..what would it take to bring the nighmare theme to DLP!!

zapppop
09-23-2001, 07:12 PM
I disagree.

The Haunted Mansion is comical and not very scary. The NightMare Before Christmas makeover will make it more creepy.

Phantom Manor is scary already.

Plus, the parks should have some unique attractions and shows. Why would you visit Euro Disneyland or Tokyo Disneyland if they have the exact same rides as Disneyland and Walt Disney World and vice versa ?

I think it would be better if it remains a Disneyland exclusive.

zapppop
09-23-2001, 07:26 PM
Why don't they put in a Splash Mountain type ride but theme it to a different movie ( like Lilo and Stitch ) and just design it so when you go down the drops water splashes out to the sides but not onto the riders ? That way, it would be a little different from Splash Mountain ( but it'll be the same ride ) and the guests won't get wet.

French_Mouse
09-24-2001, 04:09 AM
Hi,
I agree with zapppop: we would all love to see a new disney mountain being built @ DLP. I rode Splash this summer at WDW & I just love it: perfect story, great theming & a big thrill !!
Any other mountains with new concepts (Villain & geyser mountains) would be great but it's clearly not the state of mind of the WDCompany. And EuroDisney has lots of money problem actualy, with the threat on all tourists things.

Next year they take all their bets on WDS only (think smallest ever disney park with wharehouses theming). Even shows in DLP will be same as in the past years whereas DLP is like Disneyland: they have a major business with returning visitors...

We have to wait next year for any new announcement:
* tourism issue + growth in Europe
* faith of the WDS (failure/success)

I think they will need more than the pins selling to be back on track

Crispy
10-04-2001, 03:21 PM
I have a wall map I purchased while at Disneyland Paris. Many not built attractions are included on the map and listed as "future attractions." Where the Indiana Jones coaster is now is the Indiana Jones ride that is at Disneyland. A clone of the Disneyland ride was to go in that spot. Also, in the large area between fnatasyland and discoverland are listed a Beauty and the Beast attraction and the Little Mermaid ride through attraction. Any of you who watched the grand opening ceremonies of DLP (then Euro Disney) may remember previews of these attractions being shown as well as previews of Disney Studios Paris. Well, after being overbuilt and initially not meeting profit expectations, all plans for future expansion were scrapped. Now I believe Disney owns less than 10% of DLP and it is managed by an outside company that is playing things safe. there has been a bit of expansion since the park opened. Most notably is Space Mountain. However there were some smaller attractions added, Captain EO was transformed into Honey I SHrunk the Audience, the 20,000 Leagues walk through was added, as well as Storybookland. The plot of land that was to get Disneyland's Indiana Jones ride, instead got a modest Indiana Jones rollar coaster. The Little mermaid and Beauty and the Beast attractions, sadly have not made it past the model stage. The original Disney studios was planned to be very similar to the florida version. However, the verion that will be opening will differ greatly and will not be as detailed. I guess we'll just have to all wait and see what turn up.

Mr. Crispy

parky_in_paris
10-04-2001, 03:28 PM
Actually Disney have increased their ownership of EuroDisney SCA (that's still the company name). They now own 49%, they did this when the park was having difficulties with money.

Crispy
10-04-2001, 04:29 PM
>>>Actually Disney have increased their ownership of EuroDisney SCA (that's still the company name). They now own 49%, they did this when the park was having difficulties with money.<<<

I had no idea. I thought Disney sold off most of their ownership after the initial disappointing performance of DLP. Was I completely misinformed. I guessing you're more of any expert than this I. I'm stuck overe here in the states and haven't been to DPL since '97

Mr. Crispy

DisneyFreak2000
10-04-2001, 09:48 PM
First, what is the plot for Lilo and Stich and how would it fit in to Splash Mountain? And... I do agree that clones aren't as thrilling as new rides but i can handle them. However, I think ceratin things (like seasonal attractions) should be restirced to only one park. Does WDW have small world holiday? I hope not.

parky_in_paris
10-05-2001, 01:30 AM
Disneyland California has 'it's a small world - holiday', in fact it started there and is much better than the DLP version. For example they decorate the entire outside of the building with miniature lights.

French_Mouse
10-05-2001, 06:09 AM
Hi,

At the beginning, The Walt Disney Company owned 49% of EuroDisney and by agreement with French governement cannot own more than those 49% of the company.

But since the financial restructuring in the mid- 90's, its share of ownership decreased to 39,1%. As TWDC didn't buy the new shares & I think that was part of the agreement with Prince Alwaleed.

http://www.eurodisney.com/uk/about/key_figures_1.htm

zapppop
10-07-2001, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Cripsy
I have a wall map I purchased while at Disneyland Paris. Many not built attractions are included on the map and listed as "future attractions."

I have that map too !
A friend of mine gave it to me a year ago, still shrinkwrapped !
I framed it now.

The map has the Euro Disneyland logo toward the lower right hand side with Mickey acting as a compass, just below, pointing up to the 2nd letter N . The park dedication speech is in the lower left hand side, first in french, then in english. Space Mountain looks way different and is listed as a future attraction.

Cool souvenier.

zapppop
10-07-2001, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Cripsy
I have a wall map I purchased while at Disneyland Paris. Many not built attractions are included on the map and listed as "future attractions."

I have that map too !
A friend of mine gave it to me a year ago, still shrinkwrapped !
I framed it now.

The map has the Euro Disneyland logo toward the lower right hand side with Mickey acting as a compass, just below, pointing up to the 2nd letter N . The park dedication speech is in the lower left hand side, first in french, then in english. Space Mountain looks way different and is listed as a future attraction.

Cool souvenir.

marky66
10-17-2001, 04:01 PM
Is Space Mountain called Space Mountain on these maps?

Right up untill construction almost finished it was going to be called Discovery Mountain, I remeber reading that the trains even had Discovery Mountain logos on them when they first ran which were then covered with Space Mountain lables

zapppop
10-17-2001, 08:10 PM
My map doesn't say Space Mountain or Discovery Mountain.

It just says future attraction.

Lacrosse Boy
10-20-2001, 11:07 AM
Alot seems to be missing from the newer Disney parks.

parky_in_paris
10-28-2001, 09:53 AM
The Space Mountain trains still have 'DM' badges on them, and you can still find other references of 'DM' around the attraction.

I have photos, if anyone would like them, just email me at ian@mouseplanet.com

parky_in_paris
10-28-2001, 05:24 PM
My latest guess for new attractions would be :-

Winnie the Pooh's Hunny Hunt in Fantasyland
Muppets 3D in Walt Disney Studios

marky66
10-29-2001, 02:05 AM
How about a revamped Carosel of Progress?
It's shameful that Disney have closed this attraction at WDW (for rehab but most people seem to belive it's for good now)
It's a classic and has been moved before.

parky_in_paris
10-29-2001, 02:47 AM
The problem with CoP and also with the Muppets is the language.

DLP will install Muppets with a French soundtrack (that will need to be recorded as it foes not exist at the moment) as most of the guests are French.

Of course this is the correct thing to do, but it makes the attraction virtually useless to any one who does not speak French.

I suppose they could install headphones like at HISTA, but this is expensive to install and maintain, so may be ommitted.

I also think CoP would not work very well in Paris, as you say it is an old show, and very American. The DLP guests are not very tolerant of boring shows, they already give Visionarium a wide birth. Even in the US CoP runs nearly empty all day.

marky66
10-30-2001, 04:07 AM
The CoP is anything but a boring show. It's just about the only part of Disney left that still has Walts touch about it. I rode a couple of weeks ago and the theatre was about half full which was about right concidering the light attendance. In the summer and Christmas it's a huge bonus for the Magic Kingdom as it eats up huge crowds.
The whole idea of the new park is that it's show rather than ride based as the French are supposed to prefer shows, that would make the CoP perfect, if the French dmont like "boring" shows then explain how Mulan continues to run?

parky_in_paris
10-30-2001, 10:35 AM
There is quite a difference between Mulan and CoP.

For a start Mulan has live people and a great deal of skill, excitment and to some extent unpredicability.

Where as CoP is all Animatronics and to be honest does not have any excitement.

I am not knocking CoP by the way, I always go to see it when I'm at WDW, I just don't see it working in Paris.

zapppop
10-30-2001, 02:39 PM
Like Ian said, you have to keep in mind that this is an american concept and you have to sell it to the french. What may work well in one culture may not for another. Take Light Magic for example; Disneyland guests hated it but the original version was a hit in Tokyo Disneyland.

There are several attractions still in Disneyland that have Walt's personal touch ( It's A Small World, Pirates Of The Caribbean, Haunted Mansion, etc. ).

I believe the very last attraction Walt worked on was the Enchanted Tiki Room.

Personally, I don't think the Carousel Of Progress would be a good idea because technically, it's not a ride, it's more of a show.

Lloyddy
11-02-2001, 07:28 AM
I would like to see Jungle Cruise at Paris, although I imagine this hasn't been built because the boats would be filled with people speaking all different languages, making it a tough time for your guide :) How about just making it a Jungle Book ride, and lose the guide? Just sailing through scenes of the movie.

Splash Mountain would be nice, but it would uncomfortable in winter if you got wet. Other Europeans parks that have Log Flumes are usually closed during October-March anyway (i.e Alton Towers, Blackpool Pleasure Beach.)

California Indy would be nice, but we already have the (lacklustre) rollercoaster and Disney don't seem to keen spending lots of money on new attractions.

The Journey to the Centre of the Earth ride at Tokyo looks great and would fit in nicely with the already established Jules Verne theme at Discoveryland. But really, I would like too see a unique ride at Paris, not one copied from another park. Perhaps a high speed ride based on the Atlantis movie, or a Little Mermaid ride in Fantasyland.

Anyway, I doubt we're going to see a new e-ticket ride at DLP for a while......the Studios are our next e-ticket.... :)