PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Tahitian Terrace is moving to Hong Kong

calguy77
12-24-2004, 09:10 AM
Check it out, Hong Kong is getting our Tahitian Terrace, I hope they are designing two of them at the same time, one for Us and one for Them.

Tahitian Terrace (http://www.screamscape.com/html/hkdl_36.html)

Disneyfreak
12-24-2004, 01:48 PM
SWEET!!!! I hope this means that we are getting one too!!!

DefyingGravity
12-28-2004, 03:23 PM
Could this have anything to do with Aladdin's Oasis being closed for so long?

calguy77
12-28-2004, 04:00 PM
no aladains oasis is closed because the Tiki Room is closed and I think there would be a lot more construction if they would be putting a restaurant in that area. But I hope I'm wrong

Disneyfreak
12-28-2004, 06:56 PM
no aladains oasis is closed because the Tiki Room is closed and I think there would be a lot more construction if they would be putting a restaurant in that area. But I hope I'm wrong

I hope you are too. From the look of it from through the fence, it looks like a lot of construction.

sleepyjeff
12-28-2004, 08:08 PM

But it already is a Restuarant...just a closed one. How much construction to just open something up that is already built?

Disneyfreak
12-28-2004, 08:39 PM
This is true. Now that the Plaza Pavillion is being converted back to a restaurant, like it should be, there will be a kitchen there for the Tehitian Terrace. This would be the best move ever made if they brought it back. It would be an instant hit if they did it, the same thing goes for Big Thunder BBQ.

JeffG
12-29-2004, 06:57 AM
This is true. Now that the Plaza Pavillion is being converted back to a restaurant, like it should be, there will be a kitchen there for the Tehitian Terrace. This would be the best move ever made if they brought it back. It would be an instant hit if they did it, the same thing goes for Big Thunder BBQ.

What makes you think it would be an instant hit now when it wasn't a huge hit in the past?

-Jeff

calguy77
12-29-2004, 07:33 AM
it was a hit before, the problem was disney changed it to an aladain show when they should of kept the tahitian theme, the waterfall curtain, the eclectic menu. Disneyland needs more sit down restaurants inside the park. I think a lot of people are sick of a fast food nation and would like quality for what they pay. I know I would pay 30-50 for tahitian dinner show.

Surfingstitch
12-29-2004, 07:36 AM
Sorry,

I am really young and my first trip to DL was in 2000.

What was the terrace all about?

stan4d_steph
12-29-2004, 07:56 AM
Sorry, I am really young and my first trip to DL was in 2000. What was the terrace all about?Check out Yesterland (http://www.yesterland.com) for a look at what used to be at DL. The Tahitian Terrace is under Yester Adventureland.

karl
12-29-2004, 08:04 AM
Tahitian Terrace...

By far my favorite in-park non-private restaurant of the past.

Good show too!

I do remember it was generally a packed house. What may have been negative was overall capacity in an evening - it was a dinner show with a limited number of showings per evening. An ongoing show might be the answer.

Surfingstitch
12-29-2004, 08:07 AM
Check out Yesterland (http://www.yesterland.com) for a look at what used to be at DL. The Tahitian Terrace is under Yester Adventureland.

Thanks for coming to my rescue.

Jeremiah
12-30-2004, 11:06 AM
This is true. Now that the Plaza Pavillion is being converted back to a restaurant, like it should be, there will be a kitchen there for the Tehitian Terrace.

Where did this info come from? I have not been on the boards all that much but as far as I knew they were not opening the kitchen back up? I would love to see the terrace reopen but one of the main problems that happened was not the change over to another show it was lack of intrest. On the weekdays it would be empty and the weekends people woudl not want to sit for a 45 minute show when Fantasmic!, Believe, and a parde would be going on. Also with the price of DL being 50 bucks who wants to plop down another 25-35 per person and lose time on the attractions. Just what I have seen .

J

AliciasMom
12-30-2004, 11:29 AM
Also with the price of DL being 50 bucks who wants to plop down another 25-35 per person and lose time on the attractions. Just what I have seen .

J

I would. Now that I'm a parent I don't go to the park just for the rides, I go for the atmosphere and to experience different things.

calguy77
12-30-2004, 12:12 PM
I would. Now that I'm a parent I don't go to the park just for the rides, I go for the atmosphere and to experience different things.

I'm only 21 and I enjoy the parks for the same reason. I would rather spend 50 bucks on a nice dinner show, then 20 bucks on fast food. Also, if it was reservation pay in advance like the dinner shows at WDW I think people would line up. The fantasmic dessert buffet sells for 50 a person and thats for 30 minutes. You tell me whats a better deal.

sami869
12-30-2004, 12:16 PM
Also with the price of DL being 50 bucks who wants to plop down another 25-35 per person and lose time on the attractions.
J
The same people that wait and pay so they can enjoy the BB?

englishdisneylandfan
12-30-2004, 02:47 PM
i remember this restaurant from when i was a child, so many memories. Great food and great show, they should definately bring it back, no question.

Surfingstitch
12-30-2004, 02:51 PM
I saw the old menu on yesterland and thought hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..........

Then I realized the prices were old too.

Hee Hee. (laughs at one's dumbness)

calguy77
12-30-2004, 03:02 PM
Yeah the menu is a hoot. I can't believe the cost of everything. But then again, I'm sure back then it was pricey!!! Here's a link for all you to the great menu TAHITIAN MENU (http://yesterland.com/tahitianmenu.html)

TikiGeek
12-30-2004, 07:12 PM
Can you believe that they served a Monte Cristo for $1.50? :D

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
12-30-2004, 09:11 PM
I just checked out the Terrace at the yesterland site, I now know why I had never been inside. It was only open during the summer and busy weekends. We always went off season and on weekdays when I was a kid.

evrythngwmn
12-31-2004, 11:11 AM
I just checked out the Terrace at the yesterland site, I now know why I had never been inside. It was only open during the summer and busy weekends. We always went off season and on weekdays when I was a kid.

Apparently your parents shared the same mindset my dad did. Always the off season during the week. I was in high school before I saw any kind of Disney celebration and that's only because my sisters begged to go for their birthdays the year of the 30th Anniversary.

Disneyfreak
01-01-2005, 06:49 PM
What makes you think it would be an instant hit now when it wasn't a huge hit in the past?

-Jeff

What do you mean? It was always booked just like Blue Bayou. The same goes for Big Thunder BBQ.

Disneyfreak
01-01-2005, 06:55 PM
Where did this info come from? I have not been on the boards all that much but as far as I knew they were not opening the kitchen back up? I would love to see the terrace reopen but one of the main problems that happened was not the change over to another show it was lack of intrest. On the weekdays it would be empty and the weekends people woudl not want to sit for a 45 minute show when Fantasmic!, Believe, and a parde would be going on. Also with the price of DL being 50 bucks who wants to plop down another 25-35 per person and lose time on the attractions. Just what I have seen .

J

Then I guess no one sits down to eat at blue bayou then hmmm?