PDA

View Full Version : Tom Sawyer Island raft "sank"

Pages : [1] 2

nightdesigns
12-23-2004, 07:31 AM
Well not quite, but I'm surprised that there has been no mention of this over here.

Al has an article on it, about 1/3 of the way down: http://miceage.com/allutz/al122104b.htm

the mad hatter
12-23-2004, 07:48 AM
Man, those people sure will have a story to tell. they said if it had sank all the way it only would have been knee deep...so it wasn't that bad.

calguy77
12-23-2004, 07:49 AM
no offence but geez, let it go,

the mad hatter
12-23-2004, 08:04 AM
no offence but geez, let it go

:confused:

Vegitabeta
12-23-2004, 08:22 AM
let what go

sediment
12-23-2004, 08:27 AM
I'm perplexed as well.

the mad hatter
12-23-2004, 08:33 AM
I'm perplexed as well.

I guess he had a bad experience on the rafts or something

sediment
12-23-2004, 08:40 AM
Maybe it's a Canadian phrase. Let me get a translator...

the mad hatter
12-23-2004, 08:46 AM
it's all canadian to me

sediment
12-23-2004, 08:48 AM
Well not quite, but I'm surprised that there has been no mention of this over here.

Al has an article on it, about 1/3 of the way down: http://miceage.com/allutz/al122104b.htm
A lot of people here read Al regularly (well, as regularly as his updates are published). Many here won't bother to post about Al, because it might ruffle feathers here, due to the history and all.
Also, note that most of the contributors here were at MouseFest at WDW.

AVP
12-23-2004, 09:14 AM
Many here won't bother to post about Al, because it might ruffle feathers here, due to the history and all.Oh, pphhhbbbttt. People post here about MiceAge more often they do any of the other Disney Web sites - it's hardly frowned upon or discouraged. The difference being MiceAge doesn't have a message board, so Al's readers go elsewhere to discuss the columns. LP, MI, DC and the rest of the alphabet have their own discussion boards, so readers are less likely to post here about their columns. Should MiceAge ever start a discussion board, I'm sure we'll see fewer posts about his content here too.

AVP

the mad hatter
12-23-2004, 09:16 AM
Many here won't bother to post about Al, because it might ruffle feathers here

what's the point of discussing things if you can't ruffle some feathers?? :D

sediment
12-23-2004, 09:32 AM
Oh, pphhhbbbttt. People post here about MiceAge more often they do any of the other Disney Web sites - it's hardly frowned upon or discouraged. The difference being MiceAge doesn't have a message board, so Al's readers go elsewhere to discuss the columns. LP, MI, DC and the rest of the alphabet have their own discussion boards, so readers are less likely to post here about their columns. Should MiceAge ever start a discussion board, I'm sure we'll see fewer posts about his content here too.

AVP
See what I mean?! Feathers everywhere! Phoenix feathers!
I didn't say it was discouraged by TPTB. I said (or meant to say) that posters choose not to post as often as they'd like. For example, I'd like to discuss every one of his columns, in gory detail.

kbanmen
12-23-2004, 11:16 AM
Maybe it's a Canadian phrase. Let me get a translator...

ok ok..I am canadian what is the problem?? what phrase do you mean?

Emma
12-23-2004, 11:21 AM
Yuck. :eek: I hope those people people washed their feet afterwards! I don't think that water's sanitary. It looks questionable to me. :D

cstephens
12-23-2004, 11:35 AM
I said (or meant to say) that posters choose not to post as often as they'd like. For example, I'd like to discuss every one of his columns, in gory detail.

Do you know of others who aren't posting about miceage for whatever reason, or is it just you? If you want to discuss every one of his articles in gory detail, start threads. I don't remember there ever being anything said about not discussing the contents of the articles, just not the people or overall comments about the websites themselves, though even then, some comments get through.

Start the discussions, and those who are interested will join in. If a line is crossed that the mods/admin don't like, I expect they'll say something.

calguy77
12-23-2004, 12:06 PM
let this topic go, i have read about it and its not a big deal, things happen all the time and the person posting this is trying to cause a bunch of talk about nothing big

cstephens
12-23-2004, 12:23 PM
let this topic go, i have read about it and its not a big deal, things happen all the time and the person posting this is trying to cause a bunch of talk about nothing big

Why do you keep trying to get people to stop discussing something they want to discuss? If you're not interested, don't read the thread.

calguy77
12-23-2004, 12:24 PM
Becasue first off, they are saying the raft Sunk in the title of the post, it didn't, it got water in it, so what

12-23-2004, 12:38 PM
If it happened to me, I'd think it was an interesting deal. Make that a creepy deal. Going down in that water, even just a little, would give me the shivers.

sediment
12-23-2004, 01:10 PM
Do you know of others who aren't posting about miceage for whatever reason, or is it just you?
No, just me. I do consider myself quite ununique, though.

Wow, calguy, this happens all the time? Rafts taking on too much water? Or that there were two irate bozos making too much out of it? (I'm referring to the ones in the water, not any posters here.) Maybe you'd like to tell us more.

Osky
12-23-2004, 01:58 PM
I'm glad this was posted here because I do not read the other sites and hadn't heard about this. I spend enough time here, that the thought of reading Disney stuff elsewhere gives me the shivers! ;)

Uncle Remus
12-23-2004, 02:35 PM
calguy's response was interesting in the thought that it was completely unneeded and lacked any kind of good reason behind it. (in my opinion).

Emma
12-23-2004, 02:45 PM
No, just me. I do consider myself quite ununique, though.

Sediment, ununique?

Hmmm.......... (insert bewildered look here)

sediment
12-23-2004, 03:11 PM
Sometimes words need to be made up.