PDA

View Full Version : URGENT QUESTION: Fantasmic Seating

SJSman
12-21-2004, 04:59 PM
Going to DL tomorrow... Since we're going to be there ALL day and night, we thought it would be good to get the Fantasmic seating so we didnt have to worry about getting a spot on what looks to be a crowded day. So, we called and were told that the balcony is all full (duh), but they still had an ample amount of seats down on the 'rivers edge'. Is this worth it? Is it a good view? Please leave some testimonials... I cant find any on this site, most information is regarding the balcony seating. I want to call them back ASAP with my answer, so please let me know!!!!

Much thanks,
S

DisneyDustin22
12-21-2004, 05:45 PM
in my opinion, sitting down by the river is the best spot. the balcony is good im sure, but youre far away from everything. at the rivers edge, it feels like youre right there in the show. i recommend it. seats right along the edges go fast. but anywhere around there is fine. there is actually a small staircase to the left of the main control center for the show. hardly ever has people sitting there because they think its roped off. ive sat there numerous times and its just about 10ft off center of the center of the island, so its a great spot. enjoy!

p.s. i was there this past saturday during the dibochery (sp?) of people. got those seats for fantasmic about 30min prior to showtime and there was nobody in them. just packed in all around them. so they seem to be kinda a secret. now you know. and so does everyone else on this board. :( im such a moron! good luck!

stan4d_steph
12-21-2004, 06:35 PM
There's an article on MousePlanet that gives you an idea of the view you'll get from the riverside seating. Not as good as the balcony, but if you don't want to have to stake out a spot and are willing to pay, I would say go for it. Please let us know how it goes! :)

CoasterChickie
12-21-2004, 06:39 PM
there is actually a small staircase to the left of the main control center for the show. hardly ever has people sitting there because they think its roped off. ive sat there numerous times and its just about 10ft off center of the center of the island, so its a great spot. enjoy!

Hey DisneyDustin22...is there any way you can draw that location on a map for me...I am a really visual person and I'm not exactly sure where this staircase is that you're describing.

disneyguy247
12-21-2004, 06:55 PM
go to the second show. bring a blanket. wait near splash mtn. until the first fantasmic ends, when fireworks start, start walking your way to the center section. when fireworks end, be at your desired spot and put your stuff down. works every time.(got front and dead center using this method this past sun.)

DisneyDustin22
12-21-2004, 09:58 PM
Hey DisneyDustin22...is there any way you can draw that location on a map for me...I am a really visual person and I'm not exactly sure where this staircase is that you're describing.

let me search through some photos online and see if i cannot find the exact location for you. until i do, here is the best desription i can give. there is the big mixing board where the technical director and sound guys sit for the show. right smack dab in the middle of the crowd. beneath the center light tower. if you are facing the island, it is just to the left of the tower. there are a few small staircases that descend down to the lowest level of that walkway alongside the river. this one in particular is right next to the giant anchor that is in a planter. there is a plaque on it and they rope off the planter and not let anyone sit tehre for the show. this staircase is roped off in half so the side next to the planter is used to walk down and the other half you can sit on and watch teh show. but literally nobody ever does. i sit there all the time. and the walkway in front of you is cleared of people from the show b/c they make everyone sit and they cannot walkby in front of you.

now let me find a pic. hope it helps.

Leap for Joy
12-24-2004, 11:02 AM
go to the second show. bring a blanket. wait near splash mtn. until the first fantasmic ends, when fireworks start, start walking your way to the center section. when fireworks end, be at your desired spot and put your stuff down. works every time.(got front and dead center using this method this past sun.)

Yep, this is free and you can get perfect seats. We did twice this week. Use the train to New Orleans Square to get into position near Splash or Haunted, don't try to walk through the first F! crowd to get there.

CrystalSkull
12-26-2004, 11:54 AM
That position you have described next to B tower is actually roped off for a reason. You're not supposed to be in there. There should be a F! GC CM standing there keeping people out. It is VIP seating.

-Mark

DisneyDustin22
12-26-2004, 05:19 PM
I know what section you mean for VIP seating. this section is right next to it. Its on the staircase. You ARE allowed to sit there. I have never been turned away and even the people I am with sometimes think it is roped for a reason, but if you ask the CM, they will always let you sit there. I have done it over twenty times or so. But yes, there is a VIP section right next to the stairs that you are not allowed to sit in.

PhilMP
12-27-2004, 12:59 AM
Yup, the section next to VIP is Guest seating. It may look roped off, but people are allowed to sit there.

Oh, and it's the Production/Stage Manager, not the Technical Director who sits there, along with the light and sound techs. The TD plans and executes all the technical elements, the Stage Manager actually runs it. :P

CrystalSkull
12-27-2004, 11:51 AM
I apologize, I thought you were talking about the terrace next to B tower, not the B2 aisle. :P