PDA

View Full Version : We bought a brick! I think

disneyperson
12-21-2004, 12:58 PM
Zero's Bark and I ordered a 50th anniversary brick yesterday over the phone. We've been wanting one for awhile, and just couldn't resist the fifty dollars off offer for annual pass holders.(I even was bad and charged it and I almost never charge anything) The cm I spoke to was very nice, friendly, bubbly, very Disney, but couldn't seem to figure out how to confirm the order. She kept saying ,we'll mail you the location and certificate. I asked, but for my peace of mind, isn't there an order number to refer if I have future questions ? She said no. I asked then how was I to verify the conversation took place. She said not to worry, it was taken care of. hmmmmm.I handle phone orders and donations all the time for my job, there's always some kind of account number. Oh well, when my visa bill comes, I guess I'll know. We bought a brick!!!!!!!!!! Yay!

itig
12-21-2004, 01:05 PM
I ordered back in November and got the same answer. I'm supposed to get something in the mail late December or early January. It is a bit odd and seems rather unprofessional. It would be nice to have some sort of reference number or something...anything. Oh well...a bit of faith and my Visa and I'm good to go!

skippy
12-21-2004, 02:34 PM
I also purchased a brick the first part of November and didn't receive a confirmation number. I still haven't been charged for it either. So hopefully all goes well and I will get y brick too! Good Luck to you guys!

TrekkieDad
12-21-2004, 07:04 PM
We bought one today at the newstand by the exit. Charged it to the Visa. The CM told us we'd receive information about the time and place in 4-6 weeks.

Opus1guy
12-21-2004, 07:51 PM
I keep thinking of Mel Brook's "High Anxiety."

"Here's your brick!" "Here's your brick!" "Here's your brick!"

:)

Wendi
12-22-2004, 08:01 AM
Just curious, do you get a replica of the brick to keep at home? I was thinking of buying one for myself for Christmas this year and I thought they gave you a replica in the past, but I'm not sure if they are doing that this time.

itig
12-22-2004, 08:38 AM
Just curious, do you get a replica of the brick to keep at home? I was thinking of buying one for myself for Christmas this year and I thought they gave you a replica in the past, but I'm not sure if they are doing that this time.

You have to buy it - I think it's an additional 35.00.

tink1234
12-22-2004, 10:05 AM
Don't know about bricks, but I purchased a Christmas tree for our hotel room and didn't recieve a number, just a per x in vacation planning. Hmmm. He assured me it would be in the room, though!

Can non-AP's buy bricks?

GeminiAngel
12-22-2004, 11:00 AM
Sounds awesome, what does a brick go for?

disneyperson
12-22-2004, 12:10 PM
Sounds awesome, what does a brick go for?
They go for a 150.00 but are 100.00 until the end of December for Annual Pass holders. You get three lines of text for names and dates,and a choice of logos. We got the bronze 50th anniversary logo for ours. They are pretty nifty. My company also has a but a brick program and they are 250.00 for just a little regular ol' brick. The DL ones are much nicer.

SongOfSixPants
12-22-2004, 01:32 PM
I also purchased a brick over the phone the week of Thanksgiving. I have also not yet been charged for it. I did call and the CM said they will not be charging for the brick until they are sure of where they will be putting them. She also mentioned that more bricks were purchased than they had planned for and the brick will not be installed until May at the earliest. So not the best of news, but better than no news!

-Only 25 days until Club 33! :D

disneyperson
12-22-2004, 01:36 PM
I also purchased a brick over the phone the week of Thanksgiving. I have also not yet been charged for it. I did call and the CM said they will not be charging for the brick until they are sure of where they will be putting them. She also mentioned that more bricks were purchased than they had planned for and the brick will not be installed until May at the earliest. So not the best of news, but better than no news!

-Only 25 days until Club 33! :D
hmmmm, on Monday I was told the installation would be in April "barring any unforseen difficulities ." I'm just thinkimg a big company like Disney could have it's act together just a little more.

BQ2
12-24-2004, 05:36 AM
Hey all not to worry! We bought a brick back in October. We heard nothing for 90 days, then our package arrived. Our replica brick, our location (C-56), the instalation timeline ( Jan 2005) all intact. :)

goober7011
12-24-2004, 12:21 PM
I bought one this week too. But I did one thing that I hope I wont have to regret. I wrote a check and ordered it through the mail. I hope we can trust Disney to not to screw me. But I have been in e-mail contact with Jamie at Disney and she seemed very nice. I'll just keep an eye on my mom's bank statement (since i'm a minor) and hope it will be placed before my family decides to take a roadtrip down to dineyland. It's a surprise to most of my family so I just want to see there faces when I show it to them.

FantasmicFanatic
12-24-2004, 01:42 PM
Can you put anything on your lines of text? I mean I know it has to be tasteful, but you can you put stuff other than names and dates. Like a name and a motto or something?

FF

Christiii
12-24-2004, 03:23 PM
it took about 6 months or so for our brick to show up....we paid full price but Im glad we got it when we did..I LOVE where it is placed!! It is at the direct center of the walkway at the tip of the spire on the compass that points to Disneyland. Its always tradition for us to go step on it when we first get there and make a wish..its in a great spot and easy to find!! Im sure you can say what ever you want on it..they just give you the number of spaces per line...ours says "Chisti & Marilyn Morris, Lodi Ca, Dec 2001. I did want to get our town on there, its fun to read them and see where everyone is from. They also give you a choice of logos, we chose the AP logo...cute! The acrylic replica and stand were an additional $35, and you MUST get that if you get a brick..so you can look at it anytime you want..they are really pretty!!