PDA

View Full Version : New Tomorrowland Stuff

LIMANDL4EVA
12-20-2004, 09:56 PM
Was at the park on Monday the 20th. I noticed that Tomorrowland had some neat new music playing on the "observatron tower" (AKA former Rocket Rods Load). Anyone know what some of the music isfrom? (IE WDW playlists, movies, or exclusively DL?) It was really cool and definately added a TON of atmosphere to TL.

Disneyfreak
12-21-2004, 01:40 AM
Was at the park on Monday the 20th. I noticed that Tomorrowland had some neat new music playing on the "observatron tower" (AKA former Rocket Rods Load). Anyone know what some of the music isfrom? (IE WDW playlists, movies, or exclusively DL?) It was really cool and definately added a TON of atmosphere to TL.

Yes I did notice this. I love that new music they put there. Is it just me or did they replace the sound system too for some nice bass on it.

cstephens
12-21-2004, 11:12 AM
We'd heard the new music a while ago and thought it was incredibly weird. Way too techno for my taste. I prefer the old music.

SoCalDisneyLover
12-21-2004, 01:32 PM
Is the music good enough to make you forget the fact there actually used to be a ride up there, instead of some Stupid architectural eyesore that twirls around every so often. OOOOOOHHHHH!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH!!

Jeremiah
12-21-2004, 01:34 PM
I prefer the old music.

What????? LOL Tomorrowland has not had area music since before 98 if my memory is right. They had the Obsevitron spit out a song every 15 minutes till no one noticed that it stopped but nothing really for the area. The bathrooms over at the exit of Space used to have music that was played in the queue for Space, but that disappered a while ago. The speakers seemed to have showen up a few months ago and from the sounds of it we got a version of WDW Tomorrowlands area music. I know it has "Great Big" and "Time of your Lives" both from CoP but other then that I have not been able to pick out the full song list.

J

cstephens
12-21-2004, 03:05 PM
I was referring to the songs that the Observatron played before the weird music it's playing now. I prefer it. Doesn't mean you have to.

Opus1guy
12-21-2004, 04:24 PM
I was referring to the songs that the Observatron played before the weird music it's playing now. I prefer it.

I believe that was the theme from the Disney film "The Rocketeer" composed by James Horner. I could be wrong about that, but that's what I thought it was from.

cstephens
12-21-2004, 08:44 PM
I believe that was the theme from the Disney film "The Rocketeer" composed by James Horner. I could be wrong about that, but that's what I thought it was from.

That was one of the songs in the loop. I forget the other ones. At least one person on these boards remembers, I think.

Jeremiah
12-21-2004, 10:19 PM
No I did enjoy the music form the Observatron it did add a bit to Tomorrowland. But the new music is great it is all old attraction music that is the one thing I know.

J

bandboy1985
12-22-2004, 12:08 AM
Rocketeer is Horner's most beautiful and evocative score.

if that's really what they're playing in TL, i'll jump for joy. it reminds me a lot of the style of the aviator- kind of flash-gordon-esque.

i'd have figured they'd have gone for something more "them"- like the score from illuminations 2000.