PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to monitor DL and DCA crowds?

jon80flt
12-20-2004, 09:53 AM
Is there any website that gives info on current crowds at DL and DCA? I found this site that shows the past two week's line wait times, but it's not "daily" current.

http://www.dldhistory.com/list.asp?Page=46&Tab=Disneyland

We might go today, if it's not too crowded... like it was last saturday! :(

Thanks,
Jon

stan4d_steph
12-20-2004, 10:27 AM
There's nothing like that in place. Disney does not release attendance figures. Best you can do is go and leave if it's too crowded. I would say go today. A Monday is way different than a Sat. Are CA public schools mostly still in session? If so, I would bet crowds will be not too bad. If you want to get in a trip before the Xmas-NYE insanity, now would be the time.

Opus1guy
12-20-2004, 10:54 AM
The only way I know is if you know someone that works at Disneyland that you can call. Various departments often have the weekly and daily attendance projections posted up on their bulletin boards. These include total head count plus total in-park at any one time, usually by the hour.

But for the average Guest, as stan4d_steph says...there's nothing officially out there and Disney doesn't like to give out that info to the public.

sediment
12-20-2004, 11:22 AM
It's going to be busy for the next two weeks. Guaranteed.

disneyguy247
12-20-2004, 11:46 AM
I went yesterday from 5pm to 1am, and the park was very crowded. the 5:30 billy hill show filled up at 5(its a good thing we got there in time). wait time for splash after fantasmic #2 was 65 min.(ahhhhhhhhhh) twas crowded.

TikiGeek
12-20-2004, 11:50 AM
I agree it will be busy. Most of the schools here in San Diego are out for the next 2 weeks. It's better to go now - it will only get busier as it gets closer to Christmas and New Year's eve.

sediment
12-20-2004, 01:07 PM
I'm looking at first week in January as a goal.