PDA

View Full Version : Valentine's Day comes to Disneyland

cstephens
12-19-2004, 10:00 PM
Saw some Valentine's mini beanbag plush merchandise at Disneyland today. Not even Christmas yet, and they already have Valentine's stuff? A little early, no? Or do I just forget every year that Valentine's stuff shows up so early? Anyway, they had a few of the Pooh characters, and Stitch in a fluffy red heart with an arrow through, and Minnie in a heart-shaped pillow (I think), but the really cute one, I thought, was Mickey in a heart-shaped box of chocolate. He's holding red roses in one hand and in the other, a heart-shaped pillow that says "Happy Valentine's Day 2005". His left foot has a heart-shaped metal tag that's dated 2005. Here's a picture (http://www.colddeadfish.net/images/DLR/mmval05.jpg).

bluepearl
12-20-2004, 07:34 AM
They were at Greetings too!! I couldn't believe it; two months early. I guess it's like when the Christmas decorations go up in October, huh? :rolleyes: Anyhow, they look cute... I bought one a few years ago, and it was pretty plain.

RickW
12-20-2004, 11:28 AM
When you see Valentine's Day merchandise out before Christmas, it usually means the retailer is having a very good Christmas season. As the Christmas merchandise sells out, the empty space has to filled with something. Since the Valentine's Day goods are already in the stockroom, that is what comes out to keep the store (or website) looking well stocked.

bluepearl
12-20-2004, 12:12 PM
^ While I've never heard of this idea (or maybe I never paid attention enough to hear it), sounds interesting but I think Disney has a different idea. In Store Ops, I've learned that when seasonal merchandise runs out - that is, after trying to space out merchandise enough until you get to the point that it looks REALLY bare - is to just replace it with either a big seller or something related, such as the 2005/NYE merchandise (as it is the next reasonable holiday). They probably just want to get a jump-start on the over-commercialized holiday and get you thinking about how these beanies would be cute for someone special in your life. :)