PDA

View Full Version : Is Plaza Inn going to get a refurb on the interior?

Disneyfreak
12-19-2004, 01:53 AM
I was just wondering if anyone knew if the plaza inn was going to get a interior refurb too because the last time I was in there it was in shambles.

CoasterChickie
12-19-2004, 08:57 AM
I don't know , but I think that would be great. And I hope that if they do, they restore it to a newer version of what it looks like now because I love the decor. It's ne of my favorite places to eat in DL. :)

marktips
12-19-2004, 09:25 AM
Things like flooring, drapery and linens, and set pieces like cabinets, decor, and faux-plants are handled by a set-dressing department that can work overnight in most locations or with small closed-off areas to replace and renew, they often don't require a location's closure/obstructiuon like exterior work which is mostly done by the facilities department.

marktips
12-19-2004, 09:27 AM
The point i meant to get across - it could be done overnight, so if its looking bad expect it to suddenly one day be all snazzy and new.

cstephens
12-19-2004, 09:37 PM
I was just wondering if anyone knew if the plaza inn was going to get a interior refurb too because the last time I was in there it was in shambles.

When was the last time you were there? I can't begin to think of the inside of Plaza Inn being described as "in shambles". I think the decor is beautiful.

bandboy1985
12-19-2004, 11:23 PM
i've always thought of plaza inn as well-decorated and themed, but the last few times i've eaten there it has looked more and more shopworn. chipped paint, non-functioning table lights outside, things like that.

same thing at french market in nos. any additional maintenance is great.

Disneyfreak
12-20-2004, 02:06 PM
i've always thought of plaza inn as well-decorated and themed, but the last few times i've eaten there it has looked more and more shopworn. chipped paint, non-functioning table lights outside, things like that.

same thing at french market in nos. any additional maintenance is great.

This is what I was talking about. Have you noticed how everything looks warn? It needs a nice paint job and all the interior fabric to be replaced or cleaned because it just seems like it is really warn down. I like the decore to but they need to clean it up.

CoasterChickie
12-20-2004, 04:25 PM
This is what I was talking about. Have you noticed how everything looks warn? It needs a nice paint job and all the interior fabric to be replaced or cleaned because it just seems like it is really warn down. I like the decore to but they need to clean it up.

I agree. At first glance, everything struck me as really pretty. But while I was sitting there, I started noticing wall paper pealing and tears in the chairs. Plus the carpet was pretty faded. The whole place just needs some TLC.

Disneyfreak
12-21-2004, 01:35 AM
I agree. At first glance, everything struck me as really pretty. But while I was sitting there, I started noticing wall paper pealing and tears in the chairs. Plus the carpet was pretty faded. The whole place just needs some TLC.

Exactly.