PDA

View Full Version : New Mr. Toad Big Fig at Disneyland

AVP
12-18-2004, 09:09 PM
Sold out in a day, of course, but they are getting more. Apparently there was also a Snow White ride, but it's completely gone.

Click Me! (http://albums.mouseplanet.com/AdrienneVincentPhoenix/ToadBigFig_121804_AVP.sized.jpg)

AVP

Scalper10
12-18-2004, 09:42 PM
Awesome!

DisLee
12-19-2004, 12:34 AM
Someone posted pictures of this on another board... Actually, there's 4 attractions in one big fig. The fig is 4 sided and each side has a different Fantasyland attraction: Snow White, Peter Pan, Mr. Toad, and Pinocchio. Looks pretty awesome!

I Heart Disneyland!
12-19-2004, 12:58 AM
Sold out in a day, of course, but they are getting more. Apparently there was also a Snow White ride, but it's completely gone.

Click Me! (http://albums.mouseplanet.com/AdrienneVincentPhoenix/ToadBigFig_121804_AVP.sized.jpg)

AVP

At the risk of being a complete idiot...what is a Big Fig?? Thanks!

Disney Vault
12-19-2004, 09:11 AM
That is by far the best one! It has the most detail and doesnt have the cheap look like Splash mt or HM. Is there a web site I can order this from?

lisap
12-19-2004, 09:48 AM
Ohh, if I were ever to buy one of these, this is the one I would choose. The dang things are SO big, though! ( I know, I know hence the name etc. etc..... :rolleyes: )

12-19-2004, 10:30 AM
How much?

Doodle Duck
12-19-2004, 12:40 PM
What a beauty!!!

Thanks

Doug

cstephens
12-19-2004, 09:30 PM
They got more in stock - we saw one in Disneyana today. I forget the price, but I think it was $150. I looked at it, and while it is very pretty, I'm not as enamoured of it as I would have thought. The pictures I'd seen of it had looked ok, but I'd wanted to see it in person. I'm kind of disappointed that they combined all four into one rather than making one piece for each ride or just picking one of the Fantasyland dark rides and making a big fig of that. Some of the details are nice, but there wasn't as much as I'd have liked. The Mr. Toad section *definitely* needed the car outside. I'm "take it or leave it" with this one, so we're only getting it if my husband wants it.

Now, make a big fig of a white Space Mountain, and I'm so there.

Disney Vault
12-20-2004, 11:53 AM
They got more in stock - we saw one in Disneyana today. I forget the price, but I think it was $150. I looked at it, and while it is very pretty, I'm not as enamoured of it as I would have thought. The pictures I'd seen of it had looked ok, but I'd wanted to see it in person. I'm kind of disappointed that they combined all four into one rather than making one piece for each ride or just picking one of the Fantasyland dark rides and making a big fig of that. Some of the details are nice, but there wasn't as much as I'd have liked. The Mr. Toad section *definitely* needed the car outside. I'm "take it or leave it" with this one, so we're only getting it if my husband wants it.

Now, make a big fig of a white Space Mountain, and I'm so there.
I was just wondering what big figs out do far you liked better. Because when I saw the other ones I wanted more detail and if this one doesnt have enough detail like the others I wont get it. And was it really that much different in person compared to the picture? Thanks :)

bluepearl
12-20-2004, 12:16 PM
Wow! Pretty cool... AVP or cstephens: are there any interesting features to it? Like how the Splash Mountain Big Fig had the water flowing through it, etc., etc.?

Big fig-related comment: Disney Auctions had one of Stitch in a Hawaiian shirt holding a coconut drink in his hand - which is a picture a good friend of mine drew me for Christmas - that I desperately wanted. Too bad it currently isn't a general release.

Disney Vault
12-20-2004, 12:43 PM
I wouldnt want any of the characters. I want to get at least one (max 3) big fig rides. Is there a list of other ones they plan on doing?

Pammer
12-20-2004, 02:33 PM
At the risk of being a complete idiot...what is a Big Fig?? Thanks!

I think it stands for 'big figurine', but I'm not absolutely sure. :)

cstephens
12-20-2004, 05:28 PM
I was just wondering what big figs out do far you liked better. Because when I saw the other ones I wanted more detail and if this one doesnt have enough detail like the others I wont get it. And was it really that much different in person compared to the picture? Thanks :)

Well, to me, it was different because a picture wasn't really going to show the detail, especially since this big fig depicts four attractions, so each attraction representation is fairly small compared to a regular attraction big fig. Pictures also don't give you the same feel as seeing it in person - at least for me anyway.

Of the attraction big figs so far, my favorites are the Tiki Room and Splash Mountain. I love the Tiki Room because it's so detailed, with the queue area and all the gods and the sounds and lights. I like Splash because doing a big fig of a water ride as a fountain is just the coolest idea, and the big fig looks like the front of the ride, but they've also pulled elements from inside the ride to the outside. That may be why I'm not as enamoured of the Fantasyland big fig and to a greater degree, the Haunted Mansion, I'm disappointed that they didn't pull interior elements outside, or in the case of the Fantasyland big fig, that they didn't pull more elements. The Snow White figure looks a bit odd to me, and the Toad attraction is really screaming to have the car outside. There aren't that many attractions at Disneyland where the exterior is that impressive. The castle would be one that is because of its iconic value, and I think the facade of Small World would make a great big fig. But, that's just my opinion. Obviously, others love the new big fig, as evidenced by sales.

Aren't you sorry you asked for my opinion?

As for special features on the Fantasyland big fig, the only thing we found was an on/off switch controlling a light inside. That was it.

disneyguy247
12-20-2004, 05:58 PM
the one in disneyana was on a lazy susan, very cool looking. The salelady said 195(i think)

olegc
12-22-2004, 02:32 PM
I got a look at this figure today. I actually like the fact that all 4 attractions are on it. Nice enough detail for such a multi-faceted piece. Although - I would have liked to see the Evil Queen in her window and the Golden Apple in front of the Snow White facade. Also, in front of toad, they could have had the door open and shown the Boy Blue painint that is part of that interior (the door is always open, not closed as in the facade).

The weathervanes on the tops of each attractions is great, too. Nice historic touch (take the Walt tour to find out).

Disney Vault
12-22-2004, 07:41 PM
Does anyone know of any other pictures of this big fig? I really want to see the other sides.

cstephens
12-23-2004, 09:30 AM
Does anyone know of any other pictures of this big fig? I really want to see the other sides.

Here you go (http://www.i5nomads.com/disneyland/2004/1216.html).

Disney Vault
12-23-2004, 09:56 AM
Thanks for the link. And that is a cool picture of Mr. Incredible on the Segway.