PDA

View Full Version : Your All-Time Favorite Disneyland or DCA Souvenir

Pages : [1] 2 3

12-17-2004, 10:41 AM
Can you pick just one?

Mine is a little yellow glass rose from the glass shop on Main Street. Why favorite? My 12 year-old daughter bought it for me because yellow roses are my favorite flower and Disneyland is my favorite place.

Go!

Osky
12-17-2004, 10:43 AM
A very nice, and heavy, Club 33 pen. It sits in a case on my desk, and I bring it out to sign checks or important documents, or just when I want to be in a better place.

Emma
12-17-2004, 10:47 AM
A big ginormous Pooh Bear that my husband bought me as a surprise when we were at the park when we were first married.

It's almost as big as me.

MammaSilva
12-17-2004, 10:50 AM
ACK .....trying to follow the rules and pick JUST one...first I thought oh that one because of "this" but yet no wait, that one because of that....and I'll have to admit that I have several that are very special for assorted reasons...but at this very moment in time the ONE that I would put at the very top of the list would be a very special pin I received as a gift on our last visit to the park.

the mad hatter
12-17-2004, 11:10 AM
the full sized print of POTC i got from the print on demand place.

Opus1guy
12-17-2004, 12:06 PM
That huge folding Disneyland map from the 1950s! As a young man I would spread it out on the floor of the living room, get down on it on my hands and knees and bring my face within inches of it, and imagine myself entering Disneyland and walking down all the streets and going to all the attractions and stuff.

I remember when they added the Matterhorn and Monorail and other stuff in 1959, they came out with an updated version of the map...and how thrilled I was to be able to ride the brand new Monorail in my mind, from the comfort of my house!

Map Artist: Sam McKim
Border Character Artist: Bill Justice

I also loved that "Flip Books" series they had of Mickey doing the cowboy lasso, and Chip 'n Dale, and Donald and stuff. Those were also done by Bill Justice. Years later when I found out that Bill had done the flip books, I couldn't wait to have him sign them for me! Felt like such a gushing Disney groupie for about 5 minutes there. ;)

Oh...and I also cherish my original Club 33 offering prospectus from 1967. Not one of the reproductions they created a few years back. An original.

oregontraveler
12-17-2004, 12:32 PM
I have some photos of my mom's first trip in 1956. Some of the best are: looking down Main St. from the train station, the castle and Tomorrowland with the big rocket. Maybe not true souvenirs but special none the less.

kbanmen
12-17-2004, 12:44 PM
My winnie the pooh jean jacket..it wasnt really bought at DL though, bought it at Company D (the employee disney store)..i just LOVE IT

wishIwasthe_Mouse
12-17-2004, 12:58 PM
I love the Pocket watch my mother got for me the last time we were there. Its the new one with Jack and Zero. its hard to read but it looks realy good. plus it was from me mother

TheMur
12-17-2004, 01:05 PM
I have to agree it would be the Disneyland Map. I first went to Disneyland in 1967 and I still have my "very well worn" map. I too would plan out various trips to the park. I looked a "future projects" such as Haunted Mansion and Space Mountain that already appeared on my map from the first visit.

My mousepad is the late 50's map (pre Matterhorn) and I was fortunate to get a nice piece from the Disney Gallery with an early map (prior to opening), the 50's map and the 45th anniversary map with autographs of the likes of Sam McKim, Peter Ellenshaw, John Hench, Blain Gibson and Tony Baxter!

SoCalDude
12-17-2004, 01:14 PM
the full sized print of POTC i got from the print on demand place.

ohhh we are going to hit that place up VERY soon. We were thingking about getting POTC, Matterhorn and Small World.. not the full size ones, but not the small ones either ;)

But for now it is this:
http://maj.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=28665
(Pictue taken in WOD)

It looks so nice and real - even lights up like the real deal.

SallySkellington
12-17-2004, 01:14 PM
My Jack Skellington doll. :) :D

cstephens
12-17-2004, 01:28 PM
Hmmm, off the top of my head, it would be a toss-up between the closing of Big Thunder plastic mug and the closing of Casa Mex t-shirt and button.

mystycalchyk
12-17-2004, 01:44 PM
I thiknk right now mine would have to be this (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.americanroyalarts.com/library/disney_312/wd1029.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.americanroyalarts.com/ViewMain.cfm%3FIDNo%3D3405&h=280&w=312&sz=13&tbnid=A3dqEM4s5rQJ:&tbnh=101&tbnw=112&start=5&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dlumicel%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26sa%3DN) It's a Lumicel. It has Walt Disney's actual voice taken from old 8mm tapes and put in a chip.

Love it love it love it

stinkerbell
12-17-2004, 02:39 PM
I have two. They're in my avatar. :)

mystycalchyk
12-17-2004, 02:44 PM
:eek: nuh UH!!!

*wags finger*

really?

jswtsang
12-17-2004, 02:55 PM
Hmm, having been to DL very few times, maybe 3 or 4 I guess it'd be the blue fairy pin b/c I earned that baby!

Before that it'd be my mickey ears with the pins from the "Prize machine" way back when I went as a kid :)

jt

Mommy2NicknMax
12-17-2004, 02:56 PM
Mine would be something we got my youngest son. It's a shirt with Mickey Mouse on it and it says, "One Little Guy With A Lot Of Spunk" that's my boy! :)

LilmissTinkerbell
12-17-2004, 03:54 PM
My tinkerbell 50th anniversary snowglobe. Sooo pretty and so expensive, and I didn't eat for a week because of it. :)

Tinkerbelle923
12-18-2004, 08:19 AM
my Pooh coffee mug...it's my absolute favorite. It fits perfectly in my hand, is warm and comforting, I use it almost everyday,(I get to think of my trips to DL whenever i see it) and the style was discontinued before I could get the Eeyore and Tinkerbell mugs (pout)
I still try everytime I go to DL or a Disney store (even trying every website)
...all gone... :crying:

I LOVE MY POOH MUG!

CoasterChickie
12-18-2004, 09:16 AM
Right now it's the Minnie dressed as a ballerina that my hubby got me on our last trip! :)

PsychDoc
12-18-2004, 09:35 AM
I have a chocolate from Club 33 that I got when I took my sister for her bachelorette party. Good times.

CrazyTrain
12-18-2004, 11:03 AM
My Mickey Mouse Club backpack! :D

Flint
12-18-2004, 11:38 AM
My cast member name badge with the "Main Street Electrical parade farewell season" decoration on it.

http://www.bingobear.net/images/nametag.jpg

Tigertail777
12-18-2004, 12:26 PM
Ironically its from a trip I didnt get to go on, when they first opened Fantasmic. My mom bought me this cool sort of wand thing that has a water/glitter ball on the top with a little plastic sorcerer mickey sitting on top. when you turn the wand the projected light colors change from pink to blue to gold to silver. I still have it, doesnt work as good anymore but I used to love to shut off the lights and the room would be filled with this mirror ball effect from the glitter sparkles in the globe, and as you turned it the room would seem to sort of change colors, blue was like you were under water.

I found another one on ebay that was sold at disney symphony concert, but its not quite the same and it too has the water drying out.