PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Mansion: Something I just noticed.

Pages : [1] 2

HorizonsA
12-16-2004, 09:27 PM
In all my 17 years of visiting Disneyland, I have just now noticed something in the Haunted Mansion that I have never seen before. Ehen your Doombuggie is sliding down the house, just after you "exit" the Mansion, I, for the first time, noticed that the trees have evil faces on them. :rolleyes: I know!

In my defense, though, the reason I never noticed this before is because when the Doombuggie goes down backwards, my attention always goes to the branches where the Ravens are, or in HMH's case, that evil...toy...thing. I never look to the sides, until today. I rode Haunted Mansion Holiday today and when going through that scene, I looked to the side and voila.

Ok, I'm ready for your "Where have you been?" remarks.

Fan of the Mouse
12-16-2004, 09:59 PM
Where have you been!! :D

TP2000
12-16-2004, 10:01 PM
The same evil faces on the trees can be found on Snow White's Scary Adventure. I think WDI has just one version of "Scary Tree", and they use it all of their spooky rides.

tod
12-16-2004, 10:17 PM
When they dumbed it down a few years ago they put paint on the trees to make the faces stand out. Before that you only knew if you had been on the ride a lot and had managed to be there one of those times when the lighting was a little brighter than usual.

Now, all you have to do is look to the side and WHAM! it's THERE!!

--t
who would prefer if they didn't give everything away and left some things for people to discover

wishIwasthe_Mouse
12-17-2004, 06:54 AM
I agree tod. I think they should leve some things alone and make you have to find it instead of pushing it in your face. for example my favorite part of Pirates is the skeleton behind the wheel were you only see it briefly when the lightning flashes. Its great because you dont ever get to realy see it.

HorizonsA
12-17-2004, 07:01 AM
Just goes to show you...you can ride something 100 times and still not know ALL about it. Just like movies. You can watch the same movie over and over again and each time you can still discover something that you hadn't noticed before.

the mad hatter
12-17-2004, 07:01 AM
I like looking over to see the details of the outside of the house. it really gives the illusion of going outside.

mad4mky
12-17-2004, 07:31 AM
I like looking over to see the details of the outside of the house. it really gives the illusion of going outside.

I do the same thing! :D

CoasterChickie
12-17-2004, 07:43 AM
for example my favorite part of Pirates is the skeleton behind the wheel were you only see it briefly when the lightning flashes. Its great because you dont ever get to realy see it.

That's my ex-boyfriend ! (right lisap? ;) :p LOL) He's a mysterious kind of guy and the very best part of POTC. I just love him! :D

wishIwasthe_Mouse
12-17-2004, 07:52 AM
LOL so was he that skinny when you two were together?? i

Emma
12-17-2004, 08:05 AM
It took me a good 5 years to notice the bicycling ghosts in the graveyard scene. :rolleyes: I got all excited and said "Look Honey! Bycicling ghosts!" And he said "Emma, those have been there since I was 5" Oh.

Don't feel bad.

AliciasMom
12-17-2004, 08:27 AM
It took me a good 5 years to notice the bicycling ghosts in the graveyard scene. :rolleyes: I got all excited and said "Look Honey! Bycicling ghosts!" And he said "Emma, those have been there since I was 5" Oh.

Don't feel bad.

LOL! There are bicycling ghosts? I know what I'm looking for when I go back in a couple of months.

SallySkellington
12-17-2004, 08:46 AM
In my defense, though, the reason I never noticed this before is because when the Doombuggie goes down backwards, my attention always goes to the branches where the Ravens are, or in HMH's case, that evil...toy...thing. I never look to the sides, until today. I rode Haunted Mansion Holiday today and when going through that scene, I looked to the side and voila.

I always look up at the branches, too. I never knew about the evil trees until I read your post! Heck, I only noticed the Grim Reaper ghost with the red eyes on my last trip!

Okay, this thread has furthered my resolve to become an AP holder. :p

Emma
12-17-2004, 08:48 AM
LOL! There are bicycling ghosts? I know what I'm looking for when I go back in a couple of months.

Yep. :) They're really cute.

kisroo
12-17-2004, 09:15 AM
I had never noticed that in the stretching room (at least for HMH) the eyes above the pictures light up as the narrator gets to that part of the speel.

For example, the"T'was the nightmare before Christmas" portion lights up the eyes above that picture, the "Children were nestled all snug in their beds" portion lights up the eyes above that picture.

I showed it to Mr kisroo who promptly whispered, while shaking his head, "You've seen this waaaayyy too many times, honey". :geek:

And, then, I noticed the Halloweentown "band" outside the first window as we exited the elevator. Huh. Never noticed that before. More incredulous, yet :rolleyes:, looks from my dear hubby on pointing that one out.

But, he agreed with me on my observations and that's all that mattered right??
Right?! ;)

wishIwasthe_Mouse
12-17-2004, 09:19 AM
lol kisroo you have me laughing so hard. i love when people notice thing that have been there forever. it makes it all seem like new again. hope you find more things that have beeen around a long time that you never have sen before..

Have you ever seen the fish that jump in the water as you cross the bridge between fantasy land and frontier land??

SallySkellington
12-17-2004, 09:33 AM
And, then, I noticed the Halloweentown "band" outside the first window as we exited the elevator. Huh. Never noticed that before.

I've never seen them in person, just a picture of them online. I'm too captivated by the changing portraits to look away. :)

Mistersh0w
12-17-2004, 09:40 AM
They need to put the band from Nightmare Before Christmas into the graveyard band scene in the HMH...that would be soooo dern neat! Maybe they could be the new AA's for next year? Though, we're LONNNG overdue for some Lock Shock and Barrel AA, am I right?

tod
12-17-2004, 11:01 AM
They need to put the band from Nightmare Before Christmas into the graveyard band scene in the HMH...that would be soooo dern neat! Maybe they could be the new AA's for next year? Though, we're LONNNG overdue for some Lock Shock and Barrel AA, am I right?

No, you are not. Christmas comes but once a year. Leave it at that.

--t

Mistersh0w
12-17-2004, 12:22 PM
That's true, but I'm reffering to the popularity of Lock Shock and Barrel over Oogie Boogie. It would be cool to have some new AA for next year, but your right, Xmas is once a year and I should be thankful that we even get the HMH...

the mad hatter
12-17-2004, 12:25 PM
but your right, Xmas is once a year and I should be thankful that we even get the HMH...

they can always go bigger...it's disney for goodness sakes. plus the new stuff keeps it fresh and exciting

Osky
12-17-2004, 12:35 PM
Isn't this supposed to be the last year of HMH at Disneyland? I thought I read that on here.

TheMur
12-17-2004, 01:11 PM
PotC and HM endure so well because they are PACKED with all sorts of visual treats. It is impossible to see and enjoy everything. I love these attractions, they never feel old.

There was another dark ride that I just noticed a bunch of new stuff and that is Winnie the Pooh. Of course I noticed new stuff because I didn't sleep through the whole thing :D

disneyperson
12-17-2004, 01:22 PM

Don't feel bad.
Hee-hee, that's a running joke between my daughter and me. She just noticed them for the first time last summer. She said, "hey, check out the bike riding ghosts!" I pretended that she was seeing things. And now I always manage to "just miss seeing them". it's my way of getting back at her for claiming I never saw Goofy in the canoe, as in "sure mom, OK, Goofy was in the canoe, that's alllll right." I guess you had to be there. We have so many in- jokes.
My favorite resident of the graveyard is the mummy. He drinks tea now, but he used to sit there smoking a cigarette. Aren't we oh so politically correct? Can't have a dead person smoking now can we?

Uncle Remus
12-17-2004, 02:09 PM
smoking will kill yo.... OHH i get ur point. INTERNET!