PDA

View Full Version : Questions about TOT!

Terri
12-16-2004, 06:50 PM
The last time I was at DCA, was last March. TOT wasn't open yet. Well...my son (11) and I will be coming to the parks in late May for the 50th and am interested in getting a detailed description of the ride. I have an issue with heights and falling, but in a controlled environment, I should be able to handle it. I LOVE roller coasters (California Screamin' is a blast). My son...well...he's growing up in Alaska - we don't have a large exposure to "thrill" rides. He did okay last March - 2 times on CA screamin', but then he was done. He loves Indiana Jones though...go figure.

So...I'm trying to talk him into going on TOT just once, but in order to do it, I need to know the entire process from entry into the line through getting off the ride.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
Terri :D

Disney Vault
12-16-2004, 06:55 PM
http://www.remainseated.com/RSCOM/Disney1.htm

This site has a video of the whole process.

kisroo
12-16-2004, 07:01 PM
I actually love the ToT, but cannot handle California Screamin' (it freaks me out and makes me want to yammy...)

I'm very scared of heights, but oddly enough, I can handle the ToT pretty easily. Go figure. (Put me on the Maliboomer and I'd freak, though. Waaayyy too "out in the open", I think.)

You can get a pretty good idea of the ride just by looking up and watching the exterior.

I'm glad I gave it a try~it's one of my faves now.

Surfingstitch
12-17-2004, 07:56 AM

This site has a video of the whole process.

This is really cool. Almost like being there.

wishIwasthe_Mouse
12-17-2004, 08:04 AM
I took my mom to DLR in October. we did both parks. i took her on TOT for the first time and i wouldnt tell her anything about it. she kept aking and i said just experiance it you'll love it. waiting in line there is great there is a lot to look at. when we were on the ride... well i never heard my mother scream so much in her life :) i am the evil child. any way she loved it we whent on it two more times that day. she screamed every time, it was great. by the way my mom is a little bit of a chicken, she hid her face in her hands in ITTBAB. i just laughed it was a wonderfull day.

sediment
12-17-2004, 09:10 AM
I wouldn't tell him, because it would ruin the mystery. If it takes five more years, it'll still be worth it.

Here's the Grinch summary: It's just a ride.

Hakuna Makarla
12-17-2004, 09:43 AM

This site has a video of the whole process.I am anxious to see this, but it wants to down load into my computer. is this theway I get to see it is to down load it? thanks so much for the site, I want to view them all and TOT is my favorite ( sons is Pirates)

I went to down load it and it says 1 hour 44 minutes! how can I view this with out down loading it? Pleaseeee

CrazyTrain
12-18-2004, 10:52 AM
I am anxious to see this, but it wants to down load into my computer. is this theway I get to see it is to down load it? thanks so much for the site, I want to view them all and TOT is my favorite ( sons is Pirates)

I went to down load it and it says 1 hour 44 minutes! how can I view this with out down loading it? Pleaseeee

It's a Zip file, so you can't just watch it. :( At least not from that site.

Surfingstitch
12-18-2004, 01:53 PM
If you don't have to pay by the hour for internet, I would suggest you download it went you go to bed. Then you will have a morning video when you wake up.

QueenAlisha
12-18-2004, 02:41 PM
i loved TOT. Im am afraid of heights as well as "feel Falling" type rides. las weekend was the fist time for me, i was so afraid of it before hand i cried..no joke...i almost bailed out. had it not been for this really nice CM named matt (i think) who worked on it and was working the eletric parade on sat. night, i may have never done it. )so thanks Matt! but it was not bad at all, nothing like a free fall ride feeling. i think we droped 3 times 1 big drop and 2 smaller ones. the guy on the way out gave me 2 sitckers for being brave! and my Bestfriends mom bought me a pin! (ITS SO CUTE!) I higly reccomend it.

Hakuna Makarla
12-18-2004, 02:50 PM
I loved it and I am so afraid of heights! Believe me I am a big wimp( no Opus1 I did not say weenie)

Give the ride a try gonearctic its not scary, at least I did not think so and I could not go on any coaster:eek: well maybe next year ;)

By the way I did down load the video, I loved it! The que line was a bit much but the whole movie was great! It took 15 minutes to down oad ( I have dsl)

SallySkellington
12-18-2004, 02:59 PM
had it not been for this really nice CM named matt (i think) who worked on it and was working the eletric parade on sat. night, i may have never done it.

So, you were helped by CM Matt? ;)