PDA

View Full Version : Taking my wife to Disney for the holidays

DisneyDon
12-16-2004, 12:32 PM
My wife and I are heading to Disneyland on Monday. We will be there for three days. This is her first time going to disneland durign the Christmas season. I want her to have a great time, so what Holiday ideas are must-dos for you?

We are going on the Holiday Tour, on Monday evening.

Thanks for the help!

kbanmen
12-16-2004, 12:34 PM
I am taking my kids on tuesday..You will have to see its a small world christmas ...and of course HM christmas...I love those..and see the lights at nighttime..they are soooooooo gorgeous and really put you in the christmas spirit...

You guys will have a great time..

sediment
12-16-2004, 12:34 PM
Small World holiday, Haunted Mansion holiday, Stand in Lines All Day Holiday,...

DLRCM
12-16-2004, 12:36 PM
Holiday Fireworks and Fantasmic.... Those are a must...

wishIwasthe_Mouse
12-16-2004, 12:36 PM
i recamend watching Tim Burttons "the nightmare before Christmas" before you go so you can understand HMH. our CFO just took his daughters and had never seen the movie. i sugested he did before he went and he was so glad he did. his daughters on the other hand have it memerized like i do :) other then that just enjoy the lights and the sounds of DL. it is always so nice around the holidays.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
12-16-2004, 01:58 PM
iaswh and Believe Holiday are 2 musts!

itig
12-16-2004, 04:22 PM
Our favorite time at the park. Find a spot where it "snows" after the fireworks. We really liked staking out that little indent just to the right of Tommowland entrance to watch. You get the full view of the castle and there is a snow machine right over your head. (note: they seemed to be having some serious trouble with the snow while we were at the park. Very hit and miss on which one were working and which weren't).

Small World is great and we rode HMH for the first time this year. Very cool!

I would highly recommend making time to just stroll the park and take in all of the decorations. They really do a great job of theming the look for each area and the details in the design are great. We also really enjoyed the park after the rides close. You usually get 30-60 minutes to roam around after they close and we spent this time near the castle and just wandering slowly down main street and enjoying the view from both ends and all angles. It's quite beautiful when it's all lit up at night and the views of the tree and castle are great.

Food recommendation -- go to the Blue Ribbon Bakery and get a Hot Chocolate and a Cinnamon Twist and just hang out on main street and enjoy :)

Saratoga75
12-16-2004, 05:04 PM
Haunted Mansion, and Believe I agree are a must. Fortunately i will get to experience them both this weekend!! I Am looking forward to the fireworks, they were cancelled the Sunday Night after thanksgiving due to high winds.

Disneyland Trip: Friday, Dec 17- Sunday Dec 19!!!!!!!!!!!!