PDA

View Full Version : Bad trip news

Pages : [1] 2

rentayenta
12-16-2004, 08:14 AM
:crying:

Dh just got a subpeona (sp?) to appear as a witness in a drunk driving accident that he went on.

It's for Dec 21st.

We will be at DL on Dec. 21st.

It's our DD's birthday on Dec. 21st. We will be having her party at the Plaza Inn on Dec. 21st.

I will be alone with 3 young children at DL on Dec. 21st.

The DA said that they will fly DH home and back to So Cal on the 21st. I am so upset. I don't want him to miss her party. Maybe I can make the 21st our off day from DL and change her party reservations to the 22nd.

I must go email VP.

My DH has had to go to court only two times in his carrer and both times we have been out of town.

Crap crap crap :mad:

Emma
12-16-2004, 08:17 AM
Oh, Jenny, I'm sorry that sucks!

tlovesdis
12-16-2004, 08:23 AM
Oh that stinks! Just call and change the birthday party so he won't miss it!

stinkerbell
12-16-2004, 08:24 AM
Oh. My. Gosh. I'm soooo sorry!!! What stress! :(

I can't believe that! After all your planning and excitement, to have anything go wrong for you, really bums me out! Let us know what you come up with!!! I'm sure things will turn out well, it's just re-arranging and re-planning at this point that's horrible, and re-figuring your daughter's birthday. I'm really really sorry!! :( Keep us posted......you'll figure things out and make it a wonderful birthday!!

rentayenta
12-16-2004, 08:33 AM
Thanks for the support ladies!

I emailed VP so I am just waiting to hear back.

I know in the whole big scheme of life it's not the end of the world, it's just a letdown :(

I hope they have reservations available for the 22nd.

DH called the DA and is trying to get out of it. The exact same thing happened when we went on our DL trip in March but DH got out of having to appear. This case is more serious so I doubt they'll let him out of it.

Oh well............

mad4mky
12-16-2004, 08:51 AM
Oh rentayenta...That sucks! :(

I hope you can either switch the bday party date, or the court appearance. :(
I remember when my husband had to go out of town for work, right as we had our big Grand Californian DL vacation planned.
Luckily, his work was in San Diego, so he could drive up...as I flew into Orange County...but it still kinda sucked.

But, just what a bummer. :(

Sending good vibes your way, that all will work out, and that he'll be travelling the same day with you all. :)

mystycalchyk
12-16-2004, 08:57 AM
Oh noo!!!!!! :(

I am so sorry. I know how much you are looking forward to this. :mad: Stinking drunk drivers.

I hope maybe he can get out of it or that it is mysteriously rescheduled.

stan4d_steph
12-16-2004, 09:03 AM
Sorry to hear about the kink in your plans. It's nice that they're flying him in and out though. I hope you're able to rearrange your schedule.

Surfingstitch
12-16-2004, 09:09 AM
Maybe it will be a quick testimony.

Maybe you could have two parties?

Hakuna Makarla
12-16-2004, 09:46 AM
Jenny it will be ok. I am praying he can get out of it or that they change the court date. Go to your happy place hon, it will be ok. I am sure it will all work out because NOTHING IS GOING TO SPOIL THIS TRIP!!!

I am Praying hard hon, head hurts))))

CoasterChickie
12-16-2004, 10:04 AM
Ditto on what everyone has said so far. I hope everything works out. Keep us posted on what happens!

rentayenta
12-16-2004, 10:53 AM
Thank you for the good vibes!

I talked to a woman at the DA's office. She said he needs to write a statement, get it notarized blah blah blah. Then the attorney has to look it over and decide if its acceptable and decide if that will work as his testimony. Basically he needs to jump through a few hoops. He better start jumping ;)

They did agree that if he does have to fly home they will take care of all his transportation needs; air fare and shuttles.

We won't know anything until tomorrow. Why can't they start this stuff on a Monday, not on a Thursday :rolleyes:

SoCalDude
12-16-2004, 10:58 AM
I talked to a woman at the DA's office. She said he needs to write a statement, get it notarized blah blah blah. Then the attorney has to look it over and decide if its acceptable and decide if that will work as his testimony. Basically he needs to jump through a few hoops. He better start jumping ;)
Yup, that is what I was going to suggest you ask about. Make sure the statment has every single fetail he can think of, no matter how samll - you want to cover everything.

I hope everything works out for you.

rentayenta
12-16-2004, 12:21 PM
Thanks SoCalDude.

They accepted his letter so he doesn't have to fly back. WooHoo :D

Surfingstitch
12-16-2004, 12:25 PM
I am so happy for you!!!

Now. If time just moved a little faster.

disneyperson
12-16-2004, 12:31 PM
I'm soooooo sorry! That's just terrible. we can hope that the testimony will be short bebause the jdge wants to go home for the holidays. Our best thoughts are heading your way. I agree with your sentiments of, crap, crap, crap!

mad4mky
12-16-2004, 12:37 PM
Thanks SoCalDude.

They accepted his letter so he doesn't have to fly back. WooHoo :D

Way cool. :cool:

So glad that everything is back on track... and there are no interruptions to your well planned vacation! :)

You can go back to the big countdown again! :)

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
12-16-2004, 01:17 PM
That is such a bummer!!

But as I read more, I see that he is able to write his testimony and that is totally awesome!

rentayenta
12-16-2004, 02:07 PM
You guys are the best!

DH found out that this is only the preliminary. They told him there is no way he will get out of the trial and told him not to make plans during the first three months of next year :rolleyes: He has a trip to San Diego planned at the end of January. Uh-oh.

As long as my plans aren't ruined, all is well :~D

Surfingstitch
12-16-2004, 02:10 PM
I am sooooooooooo happy that you will all be able to be together for you trip.

Earkid
12-16-2004, 02:22 PM
(((((hugs to Rentayenta and family)))))

you sure didn't need that stress.

lisap
12-16-2004, 02:24 PM
:) Now you will value the time even more, right? That always happens to me when my plans almost get screwed up. Have an awesome trip.

stinkerbell
12-16-2004, 02:51 PM
OMG!! Wow, what a turnaround. I hope all goes as planned.......:)

wishIwasthe_Mouse
12-16-2004, 02:54 PM
well hopefully he will be able to make it down this way to S.D. we could meeet up for a drink or something and discus important stuff like the next trip to DL hehehe :D

crinklebat
12-16-2004, 10:36 PM
Isn't it annoying when real life manages to creep into your DL fun? I had a potential employer call me when I was in line for California Screamin' the other day and tell me he wanted to interview me by the next day--when I was also planning to be at DLR. I had to take an hour off at noon to go sit in the car and talk about my programming experience. I felt ridiculous to be upset about getting an interview, but I just wish being a grownup could have waited until I was done with my Disney vacation, you know?