PDA

View Full Version : 2005 trips are booked

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
12-16-2004, 07:33 AM
April 11-14 just a short trip
October 31-November 6th. I want to make this an annual thing. We had thought about going for our older son's birthday, September, but I think we are going to put that off until he turns 5.
I can't wait. :fez:
Our first trip dates are subject to change depending on when the Buzz AP Premier is. Works perfect since my AP expires in May, I will just wait until we go in November to get another one.

Wendi
12-16-2004, 07:43 AM
I'm definitely coming again October/November... I am also pretty sure I'll go in May. Not sure if I'll be able to go before May, but I really want to!!!

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
12-16-2004, 07:44 AM
I confirmed everything with Willie so we are set. I was counting on you being there with us, at least in November, Wendi!

vangrizz
12-16-2004, 07:45 AM
Wow you guys sure are organized. I'm still finishing plans for my trip and it starts in 3 days. Just curious...what made you pick Oct 31 - Nov 6 for an annual trip? Special dates?

In contrast...the only thing I have planned for next year is our annual visit to Idaho. :)

rentayenta
12-16-2004, 07:54 AM
Very cool! I hope Space and Buzz are open when you are there. I like the idea of an annual trip at the same time each year.

Surfingstitch
12-16-2004, 07:57 AM
I usually have an annual trip every year close to my birthday.

Between May 28 and June 8th.

Wendi
12-16-2004, 09:55 AM
We just went during that week this year and it was the BEST time to go!!! No crowds, almost no lines, perfect weather, holiday festivities kickoff (fireworks & snow), HMH, iaswh, PERFECT!!!

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
12-16-2004, 12:51 PM
Wow you guys sure are organized. I'm still finishing plans for my trip and it starts in 3 days. Just curious...what made you pick Oct 31 - Nov 6 for an annual trip? Special dates?

In contrast...the only thing I have planned for next year is our annual visit to Idaho. :)

This was actually our first year going in early November. We liked it because the park was empty but yet at the end of the week iaswh was open and they had the fireworks with snow. So we got to experience the holiday without all the crowds.
Where in Idaho?

vangrizz
12-16-2004, 03:36 PM
This was actually our first year going in early November. We liked it because the park was empty but yet at the end of the week iaswh was open and they had the fireworks with snow. So we got to experience the holiday without all the crowds.
Where in Idaho?

That makes sense, I thought it might have something to do with Halloween, but it sure is nice to have an empty park.

We go to Coeur D'Alene every year at (American) Thanksgiving for the Festival of lights. My kids love their fireworks and the fake North Pole.

itig
12-16-2004, 04:14 PM
We go annually the first week in December. It's generally not very crowded, but we just got back from our trip and there were tons of people this year (ugh!). I don't like to go when it's that crowded and from what I've read, it's "supposed" to be the slowest time of the year. Anyone have any insight as to why it was so crowded? We still had fun, but not quite as stress free as usual.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
12-16-2004, 08:44 PM
That makes sense, I thought it might have something to do with Halloween, but it sure is nice to have an empty park.

We go to Coeur D'Alene every year at (American) Thanksgiving for the Festival of lights. My kids love their fireworks and the fake North Pole.

We love CDA! We are about 5 hours south of there. But are considering moving to Hayden which is not to far north of CDA. I have always wanted to go to the festival of lights there and the north pole. Do you stay at the resort on the water? It is beautiful! Do you know if there is a website for information about those festivities?

vangrizz
12-16-2004, 09:12 PM
Yes CDA is very beautiful. I've never been during the summer months although I would love to sometime. We are 6 1/2 hours Northwest of CDA so we don't get there too often. We stay at the resort each year. We have a couple of lakeview rooms that we renew each year as we leave so that we don't lose them. It took me 3 years of trying to actually get into the place on opening weekend. The CDAresort website has all the information on the festival and things that go on.