PDA

View Full Version : Is MuppetVision closed this week? 12/16?

Mistersh0w
12-15-2004, 11:48 PM
I tried checking the main site but they don't have a listing for DCA closures...My buddy said his friend went and saw that it was closed for refurb this week. Does anyone know? I'm taking a friend to DCA for the first time tommorow and I want to be sure that it's open! He loves the muppets...thanks guys!

stan4d_steph
12-16-2004, 05:59 AM
It's not listed on the closures in this week's DL Update on MousePlanet (http://www.mouseplanet.com/parkupdates/dlr/dlr041213.htm), but things are always subject to change. You might try calling Guest Services. I love that show too. :)

Mistersh0w
12-16-2004, 09:11 AM
It's so great! I mean, it's pretty dated...But not as much as HISTA. Even though HISTA is newer, I think. Though, ITTBAB has some amazing technology, and one of the best AA i've ever seen! It just proves how advanced a 3d show can be....10 times better than that Shrek crap at Universal Studios.....I wonder how many people here like ITTBAB...

the mad hatter
12-16-2004, 09:17 AM
and one of the best AA i've ever seen

which one? i've never noticed any spectacular aa's in there. just the norm.

Mistersh0w
12-16-2004, 09:21 AM
I was referring to the AA "Hopper" in ITTBAB, (aka: "It's Tough to be a Bug"). Though, Muppetvision 3d has some cool AA too. My favorites being the penguins, and the two old men. Some great AA at work there.

Disney Vault
12-16-2004, 03:10 PM
ITTBAB is such a great 3D show IMO. I make sure to watch it every time I go to DLr unlike HISTA.

itig
12-16-2004, 04:27 PM
Didn't like the MuppetVision show...seemed 3D gimmicky and the "story" was thin. Also, way too much noise, particularly the ending.

We tried to take our 3 year old to ITTBAB, but we had to leave. I forgot that it was so loud with explosions and such. Thankfully we got out before the spiders dropped or he would be in counseling right now ;)

SuefromRI
12-16-2004, 06:16 PM
I'd love to see Muppet Vision updatd, but we still love it in the meantime.
My kids are 17 and 23 and they want to see it every time they go to DCAor WDW. Last time we missed the pre-show, so they went back to watch it and left before the 3D started, in order to get the whole experience. We were saying that it is technically old now. Of course, we are big Muppet fans in general, and I think that makes a difference. As a matter of fact we just finished watching the video of Muppets Family Christmas and are looking forward to watching Muppets Christmas Carol. Tuesday we watched
Jim Henson's The Christmas Toy taped off TV in a showing sponsored by Kraft, made around 1987, which we watch every December also. Anyone else remember it? The story took place on Christmas Eve and the toys in the playroom came alive when no one was around. We like to match the voices with other Muppet characters, and it reminds us of early ideas for Toy Story, cuz the new toy is a Queen from another planet who wants to conquer the house, and doesn't understand that she is a toy, not a warrier... Sound familiar?

Mistersh0w
12-17-2004, 01:51 AM
haha! WOW! I totally remember that movie! It had a tiger thingy as the main character...Didn't they try to make that into a series too? Hmmm...anyway, I can see why people say that MuppetVision seems dated, it's true, the 3D technology isnt that great. Especially compared to ITTBAB. But lets remember, MuppetVision came out a while back, before Jim Henson died (in fact, it was the LAST Muppet thing he ever worked on..:( ) and ITTBAB uses the latest PIXAR CG animation techniques to complete the 3D effect, therefore it looks better. Plus, the AA in ITTBAB is more advanced than the AA in MV3D. Though, HISTA doesnt' have ANY AA...So at the very least we get the cool AA in MV3D!