PDA

View Full Version : What is going on with the Submarine Voyage?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Disneyfreak
12-15-2004, 09:00 PM
They now have taken out the submarine voyage blue box. The Sub has also been moved to the back. What do you think this means; has it been approved? Has Eisner been on the Sub after hours or what? Anyone have any info?

http://www.dldhistory.com/gallery.asp?Tab=Disneyland&Page=119&Current=372

stan4d_steph
12-16-2004, 05:42 AM
Sounds like they're done with the tests they were performing. If something's in the works, I'm sure word will leak out at some point.

Stupid_American
12-16-2004, 06:33 AM
One rumor I picked up is that the subs that will be run will come from out of town.
That sub on display is simply a prop; the rust is a tell.

Disneyfreak
12-16-2004, 07:16 AM
So are they restoring the submarines or are they getting new ones? And if they are restoring, are they already out of town being restored?

the mad hatter
12-16-2004, 07:27 AM
I'd like to see them pull those old subs out of the lagoon...that'd be a sight.

12-16-2004, 07:40 AM
And I want to know if those latex mermaids are still suspended in the water, hair streaming behind, arms outstretched, floating, floating ...

PsychDoc
12-16-2004, 07:50 AM
You had a couple of pics of people, "on top of Cafe Orleans...how'd they do that?" They're actually out, on the balcony of Club 33; which is directly above Cafe Orleans and the Blue Bayou.

AlxVision360
12-16-2004, 09:14 AM
From what I've been reading elsewhere, it doesn't sound promising. An idea I suggested in another forum to show our support for the return of the subs is to tie yellow ribbons along the lagoon fence. I know CMs will take them down soon enough, but imagine the message that would be sent to TDA if there were a constant barrage of yellow ribbons appearing along the lagoon fence day after day. I'm taking my ribbon when our family goes next week. Anybody else willing to do the same?

Mistersh0w
12-16-2004, 09:18 AM
That sounds like a neat idea. I wonder if wearing a yellow ribbon would help too....hmm, maybe it would just single you out as a culprit. Though, we could make "Support the Submarines Day" at Disneyland, then we could all wear the yellow ribbons, and maybe even self made t-shirts.....Ok, maybe at this point it's a little too much trouble.

wishIwasthe_Mouse
12-16-2004, 09:22 AM
i am so going to take a yellow ribbon with me on the 25th andattach it to the fence. it sounds like a good idea too me.

stan4d_steph
12-16-2004, 09:26 AM
To me a person wearing a yellow ribbon means something enitrely different. I don't think the people at DL will appreciate you tying things to the fence. It's more work for them to clean up. You'd be better off writing letters.

cstephens
12-16-2004, 09:33 AM
From what I've been reading elsewhere, it doesn't sound promising. An idea I suggested in another forum to show our support for the return of the subs is to tie yellow ribbons along the lagoon fence. I know CMs will take them down soon enough, but imagine the message that would be sent to TDA if there were a constant barrage of yellow ribbons appearing along the lagoon fence day after day. I'm taking my ribbon when our family goes next week. Anybody else willing to do the same?

While I understand the sentiment, I don't think it's fair to make a mess that the CMs have to clean up when they have no say in whether the subs return. I think the letters of support is a much better idea for anyone inclined to do that sort of thing.

wishIwasthe_Mouse
12-16-2004, 09:35 AM
true. true. the yellow should be kept for our men and women who cant be at DL and have to deal with the troubles over seas. it would be nice to atleast see them do something with the laggoon. i wouldnt mind going for a swim in it :) even if it a little cold.

12-16-2004, 10:15 AM
i wouldnt mind going for a swim in it :) even if it a little cold.

Watch out for the latex mermaids, floating, floating ...

AlxVision360
12-16-2004, 10:20 AM
I thought the yellow would tie in nicely with the yellow subs but then I realized after reading that it really should be reserved for honoring and remembering our troops. Maybe blue instead?

A letter is fine too but I think a ribbon would be a little more impressive and visual. Any CMs here that would like to chime in on the subject? I imagine you're required to take those kinds of things down immediately but would it be a hassle to do so?

the mad hatter
12-16-2004, 10:22 AM
I doubt that the people who actually make the decisions would see your effort. They would probably just think it's some sort of vandalism.

wishIwasthe_Mouse
12-16-2004, 10:28 AM
ooh mermaids :p i like mermaids. hehehe mabey i could get Ariel to take a dip with me.. okay now i think i have fallen in the gutter again.

AlxVision360
12-16-2004, 10:33 AM
OK never mind the ribbons. I'll just go swimming in the lagoon with the latex mermaids, floating, floating... ;)

Mistersh0w
12-16-2004, 11:07 AM
floating, floating...

SoCalDude
12-16-2004, 11:08 AM
Our last trip to DL last week we sat in the front section of the Monorail with the driver and as always we tried to be nice and start up a small convo with him. We asked one question about the subs and he got very cranky and snapped "The subs are not going to return, they are too old and they can not take wheelchairs so they are against the law, so forget about them ever returning". Needless to say that is the last thing we asked him and we were happy with his replacment at DD (who was much nicer). Funny thing is, the driver for the second half said they would be back with a Nemo theme that they were already in the ealry stages of working on.

:confused: :confused:

the mad hatter
12-16-2004, 11:14 AM
The subs are not going to return, they are too old and they can not take wheelchairs so they are against the law,
it can't be that hard to get wheelchar access. just put a lift that lowers them down into the sub. that's just a cop out cause that guy's been asked that alot.

Uncle Remus
12-16-2004, 12:15 PM
wheel chair access for main street railroad? Tarzan's Treehouse? sounds like an excuse to me...

wishIwasthe_Mouse
12-16-2004, 12:26 PM
I'm sure they will return. i was on them the night before they closed, it was the last ride of the day and we were the last ones on the sub it was the sadest i have ever felt leaving DL. i hope they dont shut down any other clasics like the subs

Stupid_American
12-16-2004, 09:25 PM
They need ramps to the loading area; that's "access".
I wonder if they can lower guests by "sling" into the subs.

The Disneyland Railroad has access and loads chairs onto the train.
The bus, cars and trolleys will provide a return trip.

I did hear that "compliance" was the death of the skyway.
I always thought it was the spitting!

Flint
12-17-2004, 05:04 AM
I thought that the real issue (besides high expense and low guest per hour ratio) was that the subs put too much pollution in the air... In order to bring them back, they'd have to retrofit them to adhere to California's clean air laws.